T Nation

Private BB Forums, Paysite or Books--Top Names.

I spent over two years as part of Will Brink’s private online forum–no doubt it’s a nice place, and the price is way reasonable for what you get there.

However, now that my year;y membership’s recently expired, I wonder whether I should renew or not.

Here are the reasons I’ve postponed my membership renewal :

Should I explore what other authors have to say ? Obviously, there comes a point where experts are simply repeating what others have found to be true, like Chris Thibaudeau, and that’s perfectly ok to me, because one can’t uncover it all I suppose.

Are such paysite really that helpful, as opposed to a place like T-Nation where there seems to be a lot of free of charge info available ?

The thing is I’m 36 and resumed weight lifting 4 months ago, and so far so good, but I have very high standards, and at 36 if I ever want to really see my personal goals to materialize, I better not slow down–that is, I want the best as regard nutrition information, supplements and supplements timing etc…

On the other hand, I also do not want to throw my heard earned money outta window either.

Someone in my other thread on best diet cookbook out there recommended John Berardi’s Gourmet nutrition, which I think is a top-notch pick so far as experts out there.

I’d like to get suggestion regarding best paysites, or private forums and books, and authors that you’d rate as best of the best.

Sure, I already have a pretty good idea what my nutrition and training should be like as well as what supplements to have in my arsenal, but since I’m a detail oriented type of dude, I believe details can make a noticeable difference in one’s success vs someone else’s failure.

Many thanks all.

I would ask you if you are getting what you wanted from your pay site? Everyone has a different goal and needs to adapt their training to their goal, the genetics, and their own body chemistry. Your body your science experiment. Here at T-Nation, for my goals, I have found Eric Cressey, Mike Robertson, and John Berardi the most help. But I am more of a strength performance kind of guy and not so much a BB (Not that there is anything wrong with BB, lol).

Everything works but nothing works forever. If something is working for you I would go with that until it stops working and than adapt your workout.

Good Luck! Oh and welcome to the over 35 forum!

You worry to much. If you have good nutrition and workout regularly. If your wieghts are always going up and your not going pro. Then I’d really be thinking about saving my money.

Welcome to the site. I hope everything works out in your favor.

Thanks.

Yeah, I admit to worrying way too much overall, not just regarding Body building. I like it when people point this out to me, it serves as a kind of an eye opener.

[quote]streamline wrote:
You worry to much. If you have good nutrition and workout regularly. If your weights are always going up and your not going pro. Then I’d really be thinking about saving my money.

Welcome to the site. I hope everything works out in your favor.[/quote]

Good point. The hardest thing to do when you aren’t lifting with a group of guys like I did when I was younger is to keep track of the time – that it takes time, that adjustments should be slow and rare and that you are looking at the long term, not the short term.

Until you hit an advanced level (far beyond me) or are a pro or near pro, basics really work well. Some tweaking of cadence and time under load, making sure you are balanced (push, pull, bend, that sort of thing), but mostly it is just six to eight month increments of gentle improvement from novice through intermediate.

Correct your form every three to four months, take a rest break about then, but don’t worry too much. I have a problem with that myself, but this place helps me to remember that – especially with posters like streamline to set me straight.

Good post. Indeed it’s good for people to slap me back to reality at times hehe.