Prison Lifting

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I think it is simply more self satisfying for some people to look down on anyone in the gym who is bigger than them and blame it on “genetics” or “drugs”.
[/quote]

Actually thats exactly what I thought. That they were genetic freaks or on juice and thats why they could get away with those “useless” programs.

There are a ton of current champions that almost exclusively use machines in the gym and have very “normal” diets. I used to think to myself, “Man, if only they knew what they were doing, they’d be able to optimize their performance!”

Yet they are the champions of their sport!

Just goes to show how clueless I was.

God forbid what I would have thought if they said they were working on their inner or outer pecs. :slight_smile:

Now adays I take it all with a grain of salt. I try listen to guys who are more advanced than myself and not worry so much about how the message is delivered.

[quote]MarcAnthony wrote:

Now adays I take it all with a grain of salt. I try listen to guys who are more advanced than myself and not worry so much about how the message is delivered.[/quote]

I have tried to do that from day one. I personally don’t understand those who are relatively new themselves who judge people 60lbs more muscular than them as being clueless simply because they are seperating their meals into carbs+protein or dissecting their routines into 5x5 or any other brand named routine available now. The biggest factor in making progress is effort and consistency. This is exactly where most people fall off.

[quote]tinman915 wrote:
Yes, you can use that program forever.[/quote]

So if I can use this program forever, why doesnt everyone else use one program all there life? It might get boring but…It will work right? Kool thank you guys

[quote]musclebuilding wrote:
Not being an asshole but if I used the following program in and out, could I use it for…ever?

Mon/Wed/Fri or Mon/Thurs.?

Bench 5x5
Chins 5x5
Clean and Press 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Barbell Srugs 5x5
Barbell Curl 3x5
Skull Crushers 3X5

???
Just wondering…[/quote]

Nope, you’d overtrain in a week.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
musclebuilding wrote:
Not being an asshole but if I used the following program in and out, could I use it for…ever?

Mon/Wed/Fri or Mon/Thurs.?

Bench 5x5
Chins 5x5
Clean and Press 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Barbell Srugs 5x5
Barbell Curl 3x5
Skull Crushers 3X5

???
Just wondering…

Nope, you’d overtrain in a week.[/quote]

Suggest a program for me that sint overtraining please.

tinman915 wrote:
Yes, you can use that program forever.

So if I can use this program forever, why doesnt everyone else use one program all there life? It might get boring but…It will work right? Kool thank you guys[/quote]

Very little has changed in my routine over the last 6-8 years. I am not sure what problem you are having with a concept. The “routine” you listed was some full body routine done 3 times a week. I don’t even like training like that and never have. It is as if you are thinking in extremes and there is no reason for it. Many people train one or two body parts a day for years on end and make progress.

The only thing that may change is which parts are trained together or on what days. The general concept remains the same. The problem today is several trainers have made lifting weights overly complicated to the point that you need a dictionary updated with 2006 jargon just to understand it.

Is it too much to understand that none of that is necessary for growth? Do you think it is impossible to gain more muscle than most people by doing 3 exercises per body part over three sets for 6-10 reps? Most of the people you see competing never made it more complicated than that…yet you think it is impossible?

musclebuilding wrote:
tinman915 wrote:
Yes, you can use that program forever.

So if I can use this program forever, why doesnt everyone else use one program all there life? It might get boring but…It will work right? Kool thank you guys

All I meant was it was your choice. You can use that program forever or you can mix it up. Why not try several of the many and varied programs already put together for you right here. I have been using Staleys “21 Day Itch” program and really like it. Why not give it a try?

I really liked the approach that was described by the guy interviewed in the first prison article.

He believed in doing the compounds, and becoming strong as possible in them, while trying to get as much food as possible.

How could going as heavy as possible on squats and deadlifts on every training session NOT cause muscle growth?

K thanks everyone

[quote]Professor X wrote:
MarcAnthony wrote:

Now adays I take it all with a grain of salt. I try listen to guys who are more advanced than myself and not worry so much about how the message is delivered.

I have tried to do that from day one. I personally don’t understand those who are relatively new themselves who judge people 60lbs more muscular than them as being clueless simply because they are seperating their meals into carbs+protein or dissecting their routines into 5x5 or any other brand named routine available now. The biggest factor in making progress is effort and consistency. This is exactly where most people fall off.[/quote]

Very true. This is also true of most things in life that you want to accomplish.

So how is this?

Mon/Thurs 3-4x5

Bench, Dips, Military Press

Tues/Fri 3-4x5

Deadlift, Barbell Rows, Pullups, BB Curls

So how can I change this program so that I can use these exercises forever?

Suggest a program for me that sint overtraining please.

[/quote]

Why dont you read around this site. Its not all that hard to create a program for yourself. Use the search function, there have been articles in the past that explain how to created a well balanced program.

OR, you could just take one from this website.

So how is this?

Mon/Thurs 3-4x5

Bench, Dips, Military Press

Tues/Fri 3-4x5

Deadlift, Barbell Rows, Pullups, BB Curls
[/quote]

Change the set/rep schemes.

You dont have squats.