Priscilla Ribic Deadlifts from the Arnold

[quote]Pinto wrote:
I don’t think she has inordinantly long arms. I think she just does a good job of rolling her shoulders/upper back forward. If you do this right with a maximal weight pulling everything down, it is shocking how low your lockout really is.
[/quote]

Great post. Couple of things.

Kind of like Mike Bridges, Priscilla has an excellent build for a powerlifter and has an amazing ability to hold muscle mass. She is a very dense, muscular lady.

Additionally, she has excellent shoulder flexibility and if you watch her progressive attempts you will notice that her stroke actually shortens as the weight gets heavier.

She is literally one of the finest sumo technicians to ever walk the planet.

It took her a while to work out to a point she could pull toes to the plates. If you have tried to do it, you will understand when I say it’s not easy to do in particular when you are under 5’6. You have to work about an inch out every couple of months and you lose power with every movement out that has to be regained.

Lastly, not to take anything away from her RAW strength because I have personally witnessed her repping 425 without a belt, but the Iron Maidens (Maile’s camp) are masters at gear alteration. Priscilla has an amazing ability to control and operate in extremely tight gear.

She is a very gifted lifter. A true asset to the sport, and a very nice, genuine person. I can’t count on both hands and feet how many lifters she has recruited and supported in the sport.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
I don’t think she has inordinantly long arms. I think she just does a good job of rolling her shoulders/upper back forward. If you do this right with a maximal weight pulling everything down, it is shocking how low your lockout really is.
[/quote]

Ah, that (and apwsearch’s post) explains it for me then.

Because I really didn’t see long arms and, not knowing what you’ve explained until now, I was just at a loss to explain how her hands were so close to the knees yet without a trace, it seemed to me, of ape-like build.

I guess combine that much actual strength (a whole lot) with being a superb technician and the best gear used the best way (not that that is anything like the difference in the DL as for bench or squat) and the outcome is stuhning.

On being short:

While it’s true that FOR THE SAME LBM being shorter will allow a bigger lift, the fact is that all else does not stay the same when being shorter. The tendency is also towards less LBM. I have not seen a statistical analysis of it but I expect that one would not find that the shortest men dominate deadlifting or any other powerlift where allowed bodyweight is unlimited.

Short people do well in it, but to say that being short allows higher actual weight (it does allow higher multiple of bodyweight), I dunno about that.

So there is no sense at all to in any way minimizing her lift on account of her height, as Lil J76’s friend tried to do.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Pinto wrote:

Great post. Couple of things.

Kind of like Mike Bridges, Priscilla has an excellent build for a powerlifter and has an amazing ability to hold muscle mass. She is a very dense, muscular lady.

Additionally, she has excellent shoulder flexibility and if you watch her progressive attempts you will notice that her stroke actually shortens as the weight gets heavier.

She is literally one of the finest sumo technicians to ever walk the planet.

It took her a while to work out to a point she could pull toes to the plates. If you have tried to do it, you will understand when I say it’s not easy to do in particular when you are under 5’6. You have to work about an inch out every couple of months and you lose power with every movement out that has to be regained.

Lastly, not to take anything away from her RAW strength because I have personally witnessed her repping 425 without a belt, but the Iron Maidens (Maile’s camp) are masters at gear alteration. Priscilla has an amazing ability to control and operate in extremely tight gear.

She is a very gifted lifter. A true asset to the sport, and a very nice, genuine person. I can’t count on both hands and feet how many lifters she has recruited and supported in the sport.[/quote]

Ho-lee shit.

He’s ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Good to see you back posting again!

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Ho-lee shit.

He’s ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!

[/quote]

Whaddup, brother. I see you are coming along nicely!!

I will hit you with an email this weekend.

Would love to catch up!

[quote]Lil J76 wrote:
I must have been standing near that person filming because that is the exact angle I was watching her. We only stuck around to watch the 523 lift. She is small but powerfull. My buddy was like “the only reason she can get that much weight up so easy is beacuse she is so short”. He does not really lift…[/quote]

I plan to have surgery where I cut off my shins and sew my knees to my feet like Cotton Hill. That way, I’ll be locked out just by touching the bar, and have a deadlift of infinity.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Lil J76 wrote:
I must have been standing near that person filming because that is the exact angle I was watching her. We only stuck around to watch the 523 lift. She is small but powerfull. My buddy was like “the only reason she can get that much weight up so easy is beacuse she is so short”. He does not really lift…

I plan to have surgery where I cut off my shins and sew my knees to my feet like Cotton Hill. That way, I’ll be locked out just by touching the bar, and have a deadlift of infinity.
[/quote]

Me too!

That, combined with my massive breast implants, will make me the push/pull world champion!

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Lil J76 wrote:
I must have been standing near that person filming because that is the exact angle I was watching her. We only stuck around to watch the 523 lift. She is small but powerfull. My buddy was like “the only reason she can get that much weight up so easy is beacuse she is so short”. He does not really lift…

[/quote]

Gimme back my cadillac-car!

Totally off-topic, but Cotton Hill is one of my favorite caharacters in fiction ever. That show gets so many of these very familar Southern characters dead-on.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Hanley wrote:

Ho-lee shit.

He’s ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Whaddup, brother. I see you are coming along nicely!!

I will hit you with an email this weekend.

Would love to catch up!

[/quote]

Ya frickin better!!

that is some fucking impressive shit

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
that is some fucking impressive shit[/quote]

No it’s not. She’s cheating! Her feet are out sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wide. God. Plus she’s like 5’2. What a crock of shit!

:wink:

1.5 feet of deadlift awesome.

Jokeing aside that was fucking impressive.

(I’m not saying this to minimize her achievement)

I don’t think the bar moved 1 foot. 10 inches as a guess?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
[/quote]

That’s what all the critics say.

Sorry Bill, couldn’t resist. But seriously, that is a real testament to her technique, eh? I wonder what her range of motion would have been when she started out?

10 inches perhaps, or 9 inches more than Midotes’ bench stroke.

[quote]Power GnP wrote:
10 inches perhaps, or 9 inches more than Midotes’ bench stroke…[/quote]

…but less than markus schick’s!! :slight_smile:

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

That’s what all the critics say.

Sorry Bill, couldn’t resist. But seriously, that is a real testament to her technique, eh? I wonder what her range of motion would have been when she started out?[/quote]

Oh, absolutely. Her lift is truly remarkable.