Princesses, White Knights & Superheros

You totally left out Vikings.

They’re both badass White Knights, AND Superheros.

Combo~

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
well, how do you explain the increase in popularity of women like Lara Croft, or Xena or Electra or the new superhero movie coming out based on Wonder Woman?[/quote]

Boobs.[/quote]

yep, anything more than that is reading too much into it.

I’d rather hang with the court jesters and tavern wenches.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
A princess is a woman who relies on a man for her purpose and identity…[/quote]

I thought a princess was a woman who gets chased by the paparazzi and then dies in a fiery car crash?

still too soon?

[quote]gregron wrote:

I thought a princess was a woman who gets chased by the paparazzi and then dies in a fiery car crash?

still too soon?[/quote]

What was the last thing that went through her head?

A concrete pillar.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

still too soon?[/quote]

A concrete pillar.

[/quote]

ZING!

akon= white knight

[quote]byukid wrote:
akon= white knight[/quote]

ummmm white? really?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

still too soon?[/quote]

A concrete pillar.

[/quote]

ZING![/quote]

What do you call Magic Johnson in a wheelchair?

Roll AIDS.

[quote]gregron wrote:

still too soon?[/quote]

Fuck you!

I’ve had a constant fantasy of being the queen in charge of caring for a whole nation since doing a report on Queen Elizabeth in third grade. That woman was awesome. If I was 1/10th as cool as her the world would be a better place.

I think girls nowdays associate the princess as a character who exerts control over men. So, if you enjoy knowing you have men bowing at your feet and obtaining power that way, you’ll invest in that fantasy. If you feel sympathy towards the men, and think “that’s not fair” when imagining using a guy, you’ll probably turn out more like Wonder Woman.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I think girls nowdays associate the princess as a character who exerts control over men. So, if you enjoy knowing you have men bowing at your feet and obtaining power that way, you’ll invest in that fantasy. If you feel sympathy towards the men, and think “that’s not fair” when imagining using a guy, you’ll probably turn out more like Wonder Woman.[/quote]

Interesting. Where does the power (over men) come from? Are men now a lower status?

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I think girls nowdays associate the princess as a character who exerts control over men. So, if you enjoy knowing you have men bowing at your feet and obtaining power that way, you’ll invest in that fantasy. If you feel sympathy towards the men, and think “that’s not fair” when imagining using a guy, you’ll probably turn out more like Wonder Woman.[/quote]

Interesting. Where does the power (over men) come from? Are men now a lower status?[/quote]

I don’t agree. I think that’s a delusion. Sexual ‘power’ is not real power. Otherwise prostitutes would rule the world.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Interesting. Where does the power (over men) come from? Are men now a lower status?[/quote]

I don’t agree. I think that’s a delusion. Sexual ‘power’ is not real power. Otherwise prostitutes would rule the world.[/quote]

Helen of Troy? Anne Boleyn?

If sex wasn’t a “power”, then would these events have taken place?

I believe sex is more used as a tool or weapon, as opposed to a genuine “power”, but I think it’s still a power, nonetheless.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

I don’t agree. I think that’s a delusion. Sexual ‘power’ is not real power. Otherwise prostitutes would rule the world.[/quote]

If sex wasn’t a “power”, then would these events have taken place?

I believe sex is more used as a tool or weapon, as opposed to a genuine “power”, but I think it’s still a power, nonetheless.[/quote]

Samson and Delilah! Strongest dude in the world and a girl brings him down. Story of life.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

You probably should read the Book of Ester. Summary: hot chick is so hot she can bend the most powerful king in the world to her will, saves her people, kill the bad guys, and get the guy. Has the advantage of being true.

Sexual power is real power. More subtle than a machine gun, but a real power.

Now, can it exist in a vaccum? No. But neither can any other kind of power.

Intelligence is useless without ability to impliment, for example.

Might is useless if not directly with intelligence.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[/quote]

Mata Hari

The power women have over men has brought down not only men, but empires, careers, and countries.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

The White Knight idea is cool with me. As is the Superhero concept. The Princess concept? Not my problem.[/quote]

Gonna quote this.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

I thought pimps ruled the world?

Also, Black Vampires.