Prince of Dorkness?

You all left out the part about him being the Anti-Christ.

this is important shit, here!!!

Yo Momma got it, cause she digs me.

but then again, can you blame her?

Plus, the fucker lip syncs! Dio never would have done that.

http://www.readjunk.com/media/video-ozzy-lip-syncing-on-jimmy-kimmel-live/

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
You really fucked up now dude. Tuck your fucking shirt in, class is in session.

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Ozzy -

talent challenged Brit.
Picked up by phenomenal guitarist and songwriter
fronted heavy metal band for years.
gets kicked out[/quote]

Talent-challenged? That’s laughable. He “writes” (more like “comes up with”) melodies yet doesn’t even have a cursory understanding of music theory. Just the sound of his voice absolutely SCREAMS metal. He could sing Bah Bah Blacksheep and it would sound heavy.

Giving all of Sabbath’s success to Iommi is fucking retarded too. Geezer and Bill Ward were just as important as Iommi and Ozzy. A few of the main riffs were originally bass riffs that Iommi just played as power chords. The song Black Sabbath is a prime example of that.

Fact is, Sabbath was a unit. There is a reason Heaven and Hell sounded so much different.

Yes, Ozzy got fired, twice. So did Bill Ward. Big fucking deal.

Right. He “wallowed in pity” for what, a year until Blizzard of Ozz was released? Yet again, you attribute 100% of his success solely to the lead guitarist. Randy was great, yeah, but was he as great with Quiet Riot? No. Ozzy must have contributed something then, right?

Ozzy’s ability and his wife’s management have a lot more to do with his success than any of the players in HIS band. Otherwise how is he still enduring now that he’s on his 5th guitarist, 5th bassist, and 7th drummer? How did he not collapse when Iommi kicked him out, or when Randy died, or when Jake E. Lee left, etc?

Instead of saying “the guitarists made Ozzy”, doesn’t it make more sense to say “Ozzy made his guitarists”?

Ozzy clearly doesn’t give a fuck what anyone thinks and never has. He’s 63 years old, has done more drugs, drank more booze, and rocked harder than most people could ever dream. You can call it selling out, he’ll call it “my wife’s new Bentley in half a day’s work”, only it will sound like “Mmmdfdadfuckinell bloodyaadfkdlsdkfn bieverdsafokfj bestbuybddaekadd” when he says it. Besides, he’s making a commercial with the fucking kid, not an album. People need to calm down with all of this “sellout” bullshit. He’s endorsing Best Buy, not Justin Bieber.[/quote]

Absolutely agree.

Also…Love her, or hate her, Sharon saved Ozzie’s ass.

She may be the death of him, too… but still.

Ozzy’s finest hour:

From this moment forward, I am no longer an Ozzy fan. Enough is enough.

I prefer smooth Jazz Ozzy

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

You really fucked up now dude. Tuck your fucking shirt in, class is in session.

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Ozzy -

talent challenged Brit.
Picked up by phenomenal guitarist and songwriter
fronted heavy metal band for years.
gets kicked out[/quote]

Talent-challenged? That’s laughable. He “writes” (more like “comes up with”) melodies yet doesn’t even have a cursory understanding of music theory. Just the sound of his voice absolutely SCREAMS metal. He could sing Bah Bah Blacksheep and it would sound heavy.

Giving all of Sabbath’s success to Iommi is fucking retarded too. Geezer and Bill Ward were just as important as Iommi and Ozzy. A few of the main riffs were originally bass riffs that Iommi just played as power chords. The song Black Sabbath is a prime example of that.

Fact is, Sabbath was a unit. There is a reason Heaven and Hell sounded so much different.

Yes, Ozzy got fired, twice. So did Bill Ward. Big fucking deal.

Right. He “wallowed in pity” for what, a year until Blizzard of Ozz was released? Yet again, you attribute 100% of his success solely to the lead guitarist. Randy was great, yeah, but was he as great with Quiet Riot? No. Ozzy must have contributed something then, right?

Ozzy’s ability and his wife’s management have a lot more to do with his success than any of the players in HIS band. Otherwise how is he still enduring now that he’s on his 5th guitarist, 5th bassist, and 7th drummer? How did he not collapse when Iommi kicked him out, or when Randy died, or when Jake E. Lee left, etc?

Instead of saying “the guitarists made Ozzy”, doesn’t it make more sense to say “Ozzy made his guitarists”?

Ozzy clearly doesn’t give a fuck what anyone thinks and never has. He’s 63 years old, has done more drugs, drank more booze, and rocked harder than most people could ever dream. You can call it selling out, he’ll call it “my wife’s new Bentley in half a day’s work”, only it will sound like “Mmmdfdadfuckinell bloodyaadfkdlsdkfn bieverdsafokfj bestbuybddaekadd” when he says it. Besides, he’s making a commercial with the fucking kid, not an album. People need to calm down with all of this “sellout” bullshit. He’s endorsing Best Buy, not Justin Bieber.[/quote]

Oh please. Just look up some of the stuff Geezer has said about what a load Ozzy was. Couldn’t even write his own songs is just the beginning! Sabbath’s talent was Geezer and Tony. Ozzy was just at the right place at the right time. ANYONE could have sung those parts. There’s nothing remarkable about his vocals. Sabbath may have inspired a ton of bands since, but how many teen wanna-bes ever said “I wanna sing like Ozzy when I grow up!”? They were all wanting to sound like Robert Plant.
[/quote]

Geezer has said Ozzy as tough to work with and was fucked up on drugs all the time. Not exactly a shocking revelation since that’s why they fired him. The fact is, Iommi didn’t even like Ozzy from the jump. They wouldn’t have kept him if he wasn’t bringing something to the table. This notion that he was given a free ride to stardom is complete bullshit.

If anyone could have sung those parts, surely they would have fired Ozzy sooner, or not even hired him in the first place, being that he was hard to work with and Iommi wasn’t a fan. But no, they knew what they had and tried to make it work until it was clear that it just couldn’t anymore.

Just because you say there is nothing remarkable about his vocals does not make it so. The sound of his voice is very unique, and he had a perfect metal delivery that sounded evil as fuck without all of the growling bullshit that a lot of people have gotten into. That in itself is remarkable. His 4, going on 5, decade music career is a testament to that. If he was unremarkable, he would not have stood the test of time.

If he was unremarkable, he would not have stood the test of time.[/quote]

Sid Vicious was remarkable (and marketable) too, and today is still the #1 punk icon and a hero to many, but that fucker didn’t have any talent either.

lol

I have to agree with Steelnation. When most people think of Black Sabbath it is the Ozzy years, not the couple of discs they did with Dio.

I know you have a woody for Dio ID, but there have been far more great Ozzy discs released since their break than Blacksabbath discs.

I’ve heard many claim that this is the best Black Sabbath album:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Although good, IMHO “Dehumanizer” was better. So heavy and angry, and sounds like DIo sang like he meant it (which he probably did since he WRITES HIS OWN LYRICS!)

I mean… just listen to THIS:

Or THIS:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

One of the best, for sure. Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and Heaven and Hell all make that list for me.

Black Sabbath is my favorite though.

GEEZER BUTLER: ‘If We’d Written This Album With OZZY, We’d Still Be Working On The First Track’

â??If weâ??d written this album with Ozzy, weâ??d still be working on the first track.â?? Geezer Butler laughs when he says this, but heâ??s not actually joking. Sitting in a sterile meeting room at Rhino Records in Burbank, Black Sabbathâ??s legendary bassist and lyricist knows of what he speaks: When Butler and fellow metal gurus Tony Iommi and Bill Ward attempted to record new Sabbath material with Osbourne back in 2001 after the Drab Fourâ??s triumphant Reunion cycle, the future television celebrity couldnâ??t be bothered.
â??We wrote about six songs, but the keyboard player, Geoff Nicholls, came up with the vocal melodies because Ozzy wasnâ??t really interested,â?? Butler reveals. â??I didnâ??t like the stuff that was coming out at all. I wanted it to be more like classic Sabbath, like the first three albums. No strings, no ballads, nothing like that. But Ozzy wanted it to be more like an Ozzy album, so we didnâ??t agree on what it should be straight away.â??
Butler laughs again, but again, heâ??s not even slightly kidding: â??Rick Rubin wanted to produce it until he heard what we did.â??
Enter Ronnie James Dio. Ronnie James-ah. In late 2006, Butler and Iommi hook up with Ozzyâ??s early â??80s replacement and Mob Rules/Dehumanizer/longtime Dio skin-beater Vinny Appice to record three new songs for Sabbathâ??s The Dio Years compilation. Which in turn spawns a one-month tour under the Heaven and Hell moniker, culminating in a live album and concert video recorded at Radio City Music Hall. The punters and promoters just cannot get enough at this point, not with â??Neon Knightsâ?? and â??Mob Rulesâ?? and â??Children of the Seaâ?? still ringing in their ears like the goddamn national anthem, so the Metal Masters tour is quickly assembled. For three weeks in August 2008, Priest, Motörhead and Testament fill the arena-void before the hot live Dio action commences. Itâ??s like 1981 all over again, except for the Testament part. Which brings us to The Devil You Know, the new album from Heaven and Hell, the band formerly known as Black Sabbath. But the details here are perhaps best left unspoken, if not to protect the innocent, then most certainly to avoid slagging the guilty. Suffice it to say: When we tell our old cross-country comrade-in-arms, Classic Rock and Metal Hammer scribe Ken â??Sleazegrinderâ?? McIntyre, that The Devil You Know is considerably less than satisfying, he immediately points out the irrefutable: â??Fuck it,â?? he says. â??Theyâ??ve done enough for rock â??nâ?? roll already.â??

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/6/86d6f_ORIG-Ozzy_Osbourne_19512.jpg

posing with the Teeneybopper was one thing.

But this is just over the top~

Someones got to speak to this guy…

I mean really…come on now…

Ozzy is playing ‘Fawn’ (looks exactly like Bambi) in Gnomeo and Juliet:

He knows slightly more about why he’s doing it than Nelly Furtado. And he forgot the name of his character.

Dio >>>>>>>>>> God>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ozzy