T Nation

Primus and Demonic Possession

I just saw Primus perform live for the first time and the conclusion I have reached is that Les Claypool’s hands are possessed. Nothing else explains what he can do with that bass.

Aye he’s amazing alright

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
Aye he’s amazing alright[/quote]

Hatfield said he was too good to play in Metallica.

Dude is nuts with a base, cool that Primus is still out there touring.

One of the best live acts I have ever seen.

I saw Primus in 91 during the Sailing the Seas of Cheese tour in Seattle. He tore up that bass then, and it is good to know that he can still shred it.

I need to check out the newest album.

[/showingmyage]

-folly

I heard a guy once describe Les in this way: He doesn’t play the bass, he masturbates it. I think that’s about right.

I have to agree. Claypool is one of the absolute greatest ever. Also one of the most amazing shows I’ve ever seen (last time they played at Redrocks here in CO),

[quote]Carl Darby wrote:
I just saw Primus perform live for the first time and the conclusion I have reached is that Les Claypool’s hands are possessed. Nothing else explains what he can do with that bass.[/quote]

Ever see Victor Wooten?

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
Carl Darby wrote:
I just saw Primus perform live for the first time and the conclusion I have reached is that Les Claypool’s hands are possessed. Nothing else explains what he can do with that bass.

Ever see Victor Wooten?[/quote]

All of the Wooten’s are amazing. They are cool guys too because they play small venues and are known to hang out after shows.

Do you remember the Tim Reynolds guy that did that live show with Dave Mathews? That guy can play too.