'Priming' for a Cycle

well I’m trying this as we speak. Been cutting for like 3 weeks now. 5 more weeks then I’ll be jumping on.

Shall let you know

[quote]Yogi wrote:
well I’m trying this as we speak. Been cutting for like 3 weeks now. 5 more weeks then I’ll be jumping on.

Shall let you know[/quote]

cool!

did you get baseline bodyfat, we, strength levels too, or more subjective?

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

cool!

did you get baseline bodyfat, we, strength levels too, or more subjective?[/quote]

uh, no, didn’t do any of that. Probably should have.

I’m basically just going to get fucking shredded, then see if I gain more than I usually do. That’s probably not going to satisfy a scientific gentleman such as yourself.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

cool!

did you get baseline bodyfat, we, strength levels too, or more subjective?[/quote]

uh, no, didn’t do any of that. Probably should have.

I’m basically just going to get fucking shredded, then see if I gain more than I usually do. That’s probably not going to satisfy a scientific gentleman such as yourself.
[/quote]

LOL!

have fun!

[quote]Yogi wrote:

How aggressive is your cut? And any reason why you picked 8 weeks? If you don’t mind me asking…

Chizeled

[quote]Chizeled wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

How aggressive is your cut? And any reason why you picked 8 weeks? If you don’t mind me asking…

Chizeled[/quote]

Pretty fucking aggressive. Nothing but chicken breast and green stuff (thank god for balsamic vinegar) with two cheat meals a week. Not cheat days, cheat meals.

I picked 8 weeks because that was how long I planned to wait before jumping back on cycle. I may end my cut a little earlier if I get to where I want to be before then.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Chizeled wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Chizeled[/quote]

Pretty fucking aggressive. Nothing but chicken breast and green stuff (thank god for balsamic vinegar) with two cheat meals a week. Not cheat days, cheat meals.

I picked 8 weeks because that was how long I planned to wait before jumping back on cycle. I may end my cut a little earlier if I get to where I want to be before then.[/quote]

CAN’T wait to see the results. How much longer now? 4-5 weeks before you jump on? You never said your intended cycle BTW

[quote]ToolManSam wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Chizeled wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Chizeled[/quote]

I picked 8 weeks because that was how long I planned to wait before jumping back on cycle. I may end my cut a little earlier if I get to where I want to be before then.[/quote]

CAN’T wait to see the results. How much longer now? 4-5 weeks before you jump on? You never said your intended cycle BTW[/quote]

I just worked it out, it’s actually going to be 8 weeks from now, so it’d be ten weeks of cutting. Might not cut the entire time. I’m toying with the idea of doing one of those “reverse diets” to transition out of the cut that seem to be popular these days. Depends how quickly I get to where I want to be. I find cutting pretty easy to be honest.

My cycle is going to be:

1200mg Test for 8 weeks (maybe 10)
50mg dbol/50mg drol first 4 weeks
40mg m sten last 4 weeks

Should be pretty spicy.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]ToolManSam wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Chizeled wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Chizeled[/quote]

CAN’T wait to see the results. How much longer now? 4-5 weeks before you jump on? You never said your intended cycle BTW[/quote]

I just worked it out, it’s actually going to be 8 weeks from now, so it’d be ten weeks of cutting. Might not cut the entire time. I’m toying with the idea of doing one of those “reverse diets” to transition out of the cut that seem to be popular these days. Depends how quickly I get to where I want to be. I find cutting pretty easy to be honest.

My cycle is going to be:

1200mg Test for 8 weeks (maybe 10)
50mg dbol/50mg drol first 4 weeks
40mg m sten last 4 weeks

Should be pretty spicy.

[/quote]

I REALLY like this idea of priming before a cycle. Curious how aggressive your caloric intake will be when trying to gain on cycle. If you get really lean beforehand you may not need to worry too much if you add 5% bf depending on how much weight you pack on

Interesting article… i had to cut and paste it from another site, so the graphs didn’t come through. Anyway, i stand corrected about getting lean prior to the cycle:

Get more out of your steroids â?? lose weight first
The lower your body fat percentage, the more effective your testosterone-ester injections will be. Endocrinologists in Muenster, Germany, discovered this when doing research on hormone preparations for male contraceptives. Their article has been published in the Journal of Andrology.

Testosterone undecanoate
The aim of male contraception is to get the testes to stop producing sperm. The classic way of achieving this is to halt the production of the hormones LH and FSH by the pituitary gland â?? and you do that by administering sex hormones. FSH and LH stimulate the testes to produce sperm and testosterone. If you add exogenous androgens, the brain thinks that there are already so many hormones circulating in the body that the testes don’t need to do anything, and then stops the production of the stimulating hormones â?? and thus the production of sperm.

So far, most attention has been focused on slow-release testosterone-esters, and the German research is no exception. The researchers gave forty male test subjects slow-release testosterone undecanoate. [Structural formula shown above.]

The researchers gave the test subjects a thousand milligrams of testosterone-ester in two doses, six weeks apart. The more body fat the men had, the lower the increase in concentration of testosterone in the blood from the injections. In the figure below the grey curve represents the testosterone level of men with less than ten kilograms of body fat. The black curve represents men with more than eighteen kilograms of fat.

The units not shown on the horizontal axis represent time spans of two weeks.

It would seem that body fat inhibits the rise in the blood testosterone level after injections are given. You might argue that fat men tend to be heavier than thin men, but according to the researchers, body weight plays only a minor role in the inhibitory effect of the fat reserves. You see the effect more clearly if you look at the free testosterone levels.

That fat men react less well to testosterone can also be seen from the effect of the injections on the LH levels. These decreased by less in the fatter men.

The researchers do not know how body fat makes testosterone less effective. A popular theory is that fat cells are capable of converting testosterone into estradiol. The Germans found no confirmation of this, however, as the fat men had similar estradiol levels in their blood to those of the slim men.

If fat men are to use testosterone-esters as a form of contraception, they will need higher doses, the researchers speculate. The testosterone injections may also take longer to become effective in fatter males. And the same will apply to chemical athletes.

Source:
J Androl. 2009 Apr 2. [Epub ahead of print].

that is quite interesting.

I have to say that I’m VERY pleased with my decision to get as lean as possible before my current cycle. I look fucking amazing!

[quote]Reed wrote:
^^^^ If that’s the case why not take them the entire length of the cycle as well?[/quote]

i believe (and right now i can’t confirm or deny, as there’s conflicting evidence) that increased androgens reduce AR density. basically, it would be pointless to take on cycle…

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/6959345_Androgenic_responses_to_resistance_exercise_effects_of_feeding_and_L-carnitine

EDIT:

Reed, if you wanna give it a try, then go for it. i just can’t say for sure that the LCLT will prevent the AR from down-regulating (or whatever it does)… but i do know it should work prior to a cycle.[/quote]

btw, i was never able to figure if androgens increase or decrease receptors in muscles. if anything, there seemed to be a consensus that they would increase androgen receptors…

I was reading stuff about this priming before jumping on cycle and it got my attention.

So how did your prime and cycle go Yogi?

[quote]Iron Mind X wrote:
I was reading stuff about this priming before jumping on cycle and it got my attention.

[/quote]

pretty good mate, to be honest I don’t really know for sure if the priming actually did all that much.

I will say that getting to freaky lean (thanks to a combo of Lyle Macdonald and clenbuterol) before my cycle made for a VERY interesting time! Didn’t actually put on as much weight as I expected (only gained back like 8lbs of the 18lbs I lost on my cut - my appetite was shot from the orals I was running) but I look way better now. Managed to keep the gross veins in my lower abs the whole time. In PCT now so might lose them for a month or two now but I reckon if I do another really agressive cut before my summer cycle I’ll get to a place where I can maintain that level of leanness fairly easily.

I think I’ll always cut before a cycle from now on. Whether or not your body actually “primes” for growth, I dunno, but being that lean is very motivating. You see the changes in your body happening daily.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

pretty good mate, to be honest I don’t really know for sure if the priming actually did all that much.

I will say that getting to freaky lean (thanks to a combo of Lyle Macdonald and clenbuterol) before my cycle made for a VERY interesting time! Didn’t actually put on as much weight as I expected (only gained back like 8lbs of the 18lbs I lost on my cut - my appetite was shot from the orals I was running) but I look way better now. Managed to keep the gross veins in my lower abs the whole time. In PCT now so might lose them for a month or two now but I reckon if I do another really agressive cut before my summer cycle I’ll get to a place where I can maintain that level of leanness fairly easily.

I think I’ll always cut before a cycle from now on. Whether or not your body actually “primes” for growth, I dunno, but being that lean is very motivating. You see the changes in your body happening daily.

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your experience, man! :slight_smile:

I’m wondering to what point you should cut down before cycle.

Being pretty lean when starting a cycle will definitely help you see results quicker, which is good for your motivation also of course.

But I wonder if you should look at your bodyfat to decide if you should prime before cycle or just do it to make your body more sensitive to nutrients in general.

Thinking about what to do, since I’m already pretty lean. Bodyfat should be around 8-10% I guess.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your experience, man! :slight_smile:

I’m wondering to what point you should cut down before cycle.

Being pretty lean when starting a cycle will definitely help you see results quicker, which is good for your motivation also of course.

But I wonder if you should look at your bodyfat to decide if you should prime before cycle or just do it to make your body more sensitive to nutrients in general.

Thinking about what to do, since I’m already pretty lean. Bodyfat should be around 8-10% I guess.
[/quote]

from your avatar mate I would just jump into a cycle. You obviously know what you’re doing diet and training wise so just go for it!

[quote]Yogi wrote:
from your avatar mate I would just jump into a cycle. You obviously know what you’re doing diet and training wise so just go for it![/quote]

Alright, thanks for the kind words and your help on the forum. Bodyfat is slightly higher than on my ava at the moment, tho. Had a few good weeks during Christmas :stuck_out_tongue:

Like 5 weeks to go then I’ll start if everything is right with the bloodwork etc.