Prime Time: WunderBarr

There is far too much talk of creatine negatively affecting the kidneys, as well as the impact of creatinine on kidney function.

Here’s a research review we should all remember: Pline KA, Smith CL (2005).

CONCLUSIONS: Creatine supplementation minimally impacts creatinine concentrations and renal function in young healthy adults. Although creatinine concentrations may increase after long periods of creatine supplementation, the increase is extremely limited and unlikely to affect estimates of creatinine clearance and subsequent dosage adjustments. Further studies are required in the elderly and patients with renal insufficiency.

I just point out that the same thing will happen if they stop eating or sleeping…usually there’s a 3-5 second delay before they grasp the brutality of the sarcasm.

[quote]David Barr wrote:

BTW-Coach, that’s just scary. How do you react when you hear that?

CharlesStaley wrote:
Here’s the more common comment I always hear:

“Yeah, but if I stop taking it, will my gains dissapear?”[/quote]

Gain lean mass is my goal. I’m adding kcal to grow.

Here is my intake right now:

Week 3 in red.

http://www.freewebs.com/getlifted/training.htm

-Get Lifted

I like it when the docs confuse creatine with creatinine. It makes me smile…just a little.

GL, cool site, but I can’t open anything due to security settings.

Can you give me a run down of the daily intake?

If you’re increaing mass then it won’t matter where only 250 Cal comes from, but I’d like to be more specific.

Cheers

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
Gain lean mass is my goal. I’m adding kcal to grow.

Here is my intake right now:

Week 3 in red.

http://www.freewebs.com/getlifted/training.htm

-Get Lifted[/quote]

Why was I not cordially invited to this BARRmitzvah? Me being Kosher and all too…

As far as iceing to INCREASE blood flow, i think that this is most important 24-48 hours after exercise and is quite similar to light recovery workouts. I feel that blood vessels to muscles remain constricted for several days after working out (because of local swelling). Iceing, I believe, increases blood flow AFTER the ice is removed. For example, you can ice for 3-5 minutes, then apply warm (but not hot) towels to get a rebound blood flow. Repeat 3-5 times. The problem with the 2 day constriction of blood vessels is that you get accumulation of scar tissue/lymph/macrophages which cascade on each other so you want to clear out or flush out the backflow.

What do you think?

Ok here it is Barrsalona as of today:

*Breakfest:

-250ml of egg whites. (1 carton of 100% egg whites)
-1 Slice regular cheese
-Chopped fresh veggies(olives, red pepper, onion, spinach, garlic, tomatos)
-1 Tbsp flax oil
-2 fish oil caps
-25 grams cashews
-1/4 cup mixed beans/lentils
-1 cup pineapple
-Green Tea bag from celestial seasonings organic

2nd Breakfest:

-1 cup Yogurt
-2 scoops Low-Carb Grow!
-2 fish oil caps
-25 grams almonds
-1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Lunch:

-2 Chicken Sausages
-1 cup Spinach
-1 Cup carrots
-1 Tbsp Flax oil
-4 fish oil caps
-25 grams walnuts
-1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

pre Workout:

-3 Scoops Surge

During Workout:

-3 Scoops Surge

Post Workout:

-3 scoops Surge +5 grams creatine

1st post workout meal:

-1 cup yogurt
-1 Scoop Low-Carb Grow!
-1 Apple
-2.5 cups cereal

2nd meal after workout:

-4 oz 4% x-lean beef
-1 Cup Spinach
-1 Cup Carrots
-1.5 yams
-1 cup Blueberries
-1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar

Dinner:

-4 0z 4% X-Lean Beef
-1 cup Spinach
-1 cup Carrots
-1 Tbsp Extra Virgin oilve oil
-2 fish oil caps
-25 grams cashews
-1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Swoooop there it is… Swooop there it is.

-Get Lifted

[quote]Massif wrote:
I’m on the Anabolic Diet and one of my work mates told me “All that protein is bad for your kidneys”.

“Are you a qualified sports nutritionist?” I asked him.

“No”.

“Well shut the fuck up then”.

I’m a people person.[/quote]

Succinct.

I’ve read that “flushing” occurs via the lymphatic system (as you alluded to), but this can only be stimulated by actual limb movement.

I’m a big fan of icing to keep inflammation down, but I’d like to see how deep the effect is.

Cheers

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
As far as iceing to INCREASE blood flow, i think that this is most important 24-48 hours after exercise and is quite similar to light recovery workouts. I feel that blood vessels to muscles remain constricted for several days after working out (because of local swelling). Iceing, I believe, increases blood flow AFTER the ice is removed. For example, you can ice for 3-5 minutes, then apply warm (but not hot) towels to get a rebound blood flow. Repeat 3-5 times. The problem with the 2 day constriction of blood vessels is that you get accumulation of scar tissue/lymph/macrophages which cascade on each other so you want to clear out or flush out the backflow.

What do you think? [/quote]

GL, I think you’ll benefit from getting more carbs in your diet. Even if you’re carb sensitive, you should be able to handle 250 Cal worth without problem.

Also, you’re using WAAAY too much Surge peri-workout. Most of the protein will be burned off.

Remember that even when pure amino acids are consumed pre workout, your blood amino acid levels will keep increasing for an hour after the workout!

This means that you have more calories to play with -which can be done with whole food post workout, depending on how you respond to carbs.

Cheers

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
Ok here it is Barrsalona as of today:-Get Lifted
[/quote]

Perhaps some rolled oats in the morning with breakfest. I heard oatmeal increases T- levels anyway so maybe I’ll do that with the spinach in the morning instead of with the protein and yogurt almond meal. That is a big breakfest. I figure that would be the best time given the benefits of a good hearty breakfest.

mmmm

-Get Lifted

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
Perhaps some rolled oats in the morning with breakfest. I heard oatmeal increases T- levels anyway so maybe I’ll do that with the spinach in the morning instead of with the protein and yogurt almond meal. That is a big breakfest. I figure that would be the best time given the benefits of a good hearty breakfest.

mmmm

-Get Lifted [/quote]

Remind me never to go on a car ride with you.

[quote]hoosierdaddy wrote:
Get Lifted wrote:

mmmm

-Get Lifted

No, there all going to laugh at you.

hahahahahaha

-Get Lifted

Remind me never to go on a car ride with you.[/quote]