T Nation

Prime Time T-Nation, Wednesday

7PM, EST: Tonight’s guests include strength coaches Dan John, Chad Waterbury and Mike Robertson. Also appearing are actor Ashton Kutcher, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, and the Fargo High School Marching Band.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
7PM, EST: Tonight’s guests include strength coaches Dan John, Chad Waterbury and Mike Robertson. Also appearing are actor Ashton Kutcher, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, and the Fargo High School Marching Band.[/quote]

let’s bring some real knowledge to the table:

what about some musclemag guys?

Fargo High has several young ladies that might help…they carry the piano in the marching band and are lifetime drug free.

I know this is asking alot but any chance we can get a “Prime Time” section. What I mean is right now the experts are posting randomly in the forum and in their articles. The articles are fine but can we do something, maybe great a new forum just for prime time so that we can find all the info in one area? You with me? Have them continue to comment on their articles but any other random questions go into a Prime Time forum?

[quote]bigpump23 wrote:
I know this is asking alot but any chance we can get a “Prime Time” section. What I mean is right now the experts are posting randomly in the forum and in their articles. The articles are fine but can we do something, maybe great a new forum just for prime time so that we can find all the info in one area? You with me? Have them continue to comment on their articles but any other random questions go into a Prime Time forum?[/quote]

You can click on each prime timers name in the Prime Time box and it’ll take you to their posts. I haven’t tried it yet, but that’s supposed to be how it works.

Early question since I won?t be around if I may:

Gentlemen:

In Mike Mahler’s Customized Volume Training, he outlines the Russian Bear program introduced to him by Pavel Tsatsouline. Mike customizes this workout by tailoring the reps 3-5 for predominately fast-twitch muscle groups/trainees and 10-12 reps for predominately slow-twitch. He also speaks of a muscle fiber test in which the trainee attempts to lift 80% of 1RM. If he can get 3-10 reps, this means he is predominately fast-twitch; at least for that exercise. The ability to get 14 or more reps indicates the trainee is slow-twitch dominate for that lift.

Is there any credence in this philosophy (both the training protocol and the 80% test)? Or should we just lift the damn weights because it doesn?t really matter? The low reps don?t seem to be working for me and it has occurred to me that I may be slow twitch dominant ? lucky me!

Thanks,

Brian

Does the Prime Time box only appear in Prime Time?

wanted to check out the last one but had to search the forums.

am i being thick?

j

[quote]jaimeo wrote:
Does the Prime Time box only appear in Prime Time?

wanted to check out the last one but had to search the forums.

am i being thick?

j[/quote]

Yes, the box only appears during Prime Time (7 to 10PM, EST).

[quote]Dave2 wrote:
bigpump23 wrote:
I know this is asking alot but any chance we can get a “Prime Time” section. What I mean is right now the experts are posting randomly in the forum and in their articles. The articles are fine but can we do something, maybe great a new forum just for prime time so that we can find all the info in one area? You with me? Have them continue to comment on their articles but any other random questions go into a Prime Time forum?

You can click on each prime timers name in the Prime Time box and it’ll take you to their posts. I haven’t tried it yet, but that’s supposed to be how it works.
[/quote]

it only takes you to their last post. I am suggesting that instead of using the regular forum we make a special Prime Time forum

The experts join in on the appropriate thread for the time being. But I think it would be good if it would show all of thier posts made for the evening when we click on thier names.

[quote]bigpump23 wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
bigpump23 wrote:
I know this is asking alot but any chance we can get a “Prime Time” section. What I mean is right now the experts are posting randomly in the forum and in their articles. The articles are fine but can we do something, maybe great a new forum just for prime time so that we can find all the info in one area? You with me? Have them continue to comment on their articles but any other random questions go into a Prime Time forum?

You can click on each prime timers name in the Prime Time box and it’ll take you to their posts. I haven’t tried it yet, but that’s supposed to be how it works.

it only takes you to their last post. I am suggesting that instead of using the regular forum we make a special Prime Time forum
[/quote]