Prime Time: Hockey Barr

[quote]MJT wrote:
What do you think of Kombucha? I can’t believe that it is as good as some say, but still a healthy drink nonetheless?[/quote]

Are you making the tea yourself with your own bacteria? Or is it a commercial drink?

OVERVIEW: Kombucha tea is a combination of sugars, microorganisms and black tea that is allowed to ferment before being consumed. It is touted as a cure-all.

Barre chords are played by using one of your fingers to play several strings at once by barring across them… Play a geeeee-tar and Barre down on the chords by barring.

Ok ok… I’m on a roll but I will need to save some to keep this going…

Let me think, let me think… What do I really want to know…

Ok ok… What is toasted wheat germ and why is wheat germ good for you… And what is the difference between that and wheat grass?

-Get Lifted

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
Epstein-Barr,

Check your virus like you check your horoscope:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm

Or you could check your PMs or Check your E-mail.

Koodies!

-Get Lifted[/quote]

Epstein was my nickname for a little bit… I like BarrBarrian better. LOL

[quote]Dr. Ryan wrote:
Dave,

Re: The Staley Bootcamp

I’m supposed to stay w/ your ass on Thursday, so how about you PM a brother your digits so I can call you prior to arriving in Phoenix.

Look forward to seeing you.

Take care,

Ryan[/quote]

Got it. Please leave a message. I don’t get many calls. I’m so very lonely.

Guys I’m off for tonight, but will be on for over 2 hours tomorrow (Thurs)!

Cheers

It’s a commercial drink… I forget the brand, but it says 100% pure kombucha. I think there are 4grams of sugar in the bottle, 14 grams of carbohydrates total. You can definitely see all the “cultures” floating around in the there.

Dave,

What do you think about MCTs?

Thanks,

CK

Hey guys I’m back on tonight (Thursday) for more QnA. Maybe even a little TnA.

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
Barre chords are played by using one of your fingers to play several strings at once by barring across them… Play a geeeee-tar and Barre down on the chords by barring.

Ok ok… I’m on a roll but I will need to save some to keep this going…

Let me think, let me think… What do I really want to know…

Ok ok… What is toasted wheat germ and why is wheat germ good for you… And what is the difference between that and wheat grass?

-Get Lifted[/quote]

GL, the wheat products are simply a source of a few vitamins and minerals. No big deal.

Wheat grass tastes like clorophyll.

BTW-I appreciate the effort with the name!

[quote]MJT wrote:
It’s a commercial drink… I forget the brand, but it says 100% pure kombucha. I think there are 4grams of sugar in the bottle, 14 grams of carbohydrates total. You can definitely see all the “cultures” floating around in the there.[/quote]

From what I’ve read, it’s VERY difficult to bottle the stuff and sell it commercially without killing the bacteria.

Usually the drink must be pasturized, a process specifically used to destroy bacteria. normally this is a good thing, but defeats the purpose of the drink here.

If you like it then keep drinking it, but I wouldn’t expect too much from a commercial drink.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Dave,

What do you think about MCTs?

Thanks,

CK[/quote]

Chris, I had the good fortune of hearing a discussion between two experts on MCT’s.

The original idea behind MCT supplementation was that they don’t have to be transported into the mitochondria for use as energy. This would help in situations like exercise, where fat transport may be limiting. Cool right?

Well, the theory breaks down because as exercise initiates, mitochrondrial fat transport no longer becomes limiting.

Now people are scrambling to sell this stuff by promoting the idea that MCT’s have 0.7 Calories per gram fewer than regular fats. Wow. Big deal.

MCT’s aren’t bad at all, but I can’t think of any reason why we’d really benefit from their supplementation.

Hi David,

Since supplements aren’t tested to verify if they contain the ingredients that companies claim they have, how likely is it that these products don’t contain the amount of ingredients written on their labels?

Thanks!

David

BARR,

Did you have a fiesta up north last night since they finally had hockey again?

[quote]JDavid wrote:
Hi David,

Since supplements aren’t tested to verify if they contain the ingredients that companies claim they have, how likely is it that these products don’t contain the amount of ingredients written on their labels?

Thanks!

David[/quote]

JD, it really depends on the company. I remember that independent lab results showed that Detour Barrs had only 2/3 the protein thay had claimed on the label, and more fat as well.

Most creatine ethyl ester products also had about half CEE and half creatine, despite claiming to be pure CEE.

It’s hard to say exactly and generalize to the entire industry, but you should always be aware of the possiblity.

[quote]Mike Robertson wrote:
BARR,

Did you have a fiesta up north last night since they finally had hockey again?[/quote]

Forsure! I’ve actually been away from the game for a couple of years, so it’ll take a little getting used to again.

The Leaf’s didn’t fare so well, but it was an exciting game none-the less.

Seemed like Gretzky was in every second commerical… LOL

More of The Great One’s advertisements should look like this.

David, could you please give just a rough outline of your pre/post workout nutrition program that you personally follow. I read you nutrition article from a few months ago but still am waiting for that out line that you said you were going to do next.

Here’s an interesting “recipe”. When you’re looking for fat Calories, try adding a thick salad dressing to your tuna.

I prefer ranch, mixed up in a bowl and applied to bread. It’s a tasty Calorie dense snack.

I’ve recently been told that olive oil also works well with tuna.
I’ll have to try that when I get sick of my current combo.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Here’s an interesting “recipe”. When you’re looking for fat Calories, try adding a thick salad dressing to your tuna.

I prefer ranch, mixed up in a bowl and applied to bread. It’s a tasty Calorie dense snack.

I’ve recently been told that olive oil also works well with tuna.
I’ll have to try that when I get sick of my current combo.[/quote]

DB-Snatch:

Most of the big brand dressings I find are soybean oil. What is the low down on this? My understanding is that the estrogenic isoflavones are only found in soy proteins and not fat. Is this true?

I Pmped you.

I have a friend who has lost 30 pounds and before that he lost 40 pounds on his own. He is 250 and he wants to lose inches. He is at a plateau. His diet still needs some work but he is eating better than all the people on campus but he is frustrated. His especially for some reason has trouble losing the spare tire around is mid-section. How do you get rid of this?

How much will he need to lose until the inches come off?

-Get Lifted