Prime Time: Beginning a Profession

Hey Chad, Christian and Cy,

I’ve got a question. How did you guys get started with your profession? I just talked with my university strength coach today and he was a psychology major in college and studied to become a strength coach after competing in professional baseball. What are some tips on what I can do to move in the direction of attaining professions similar to yours?

Thanks
-poper

[quote]poper wrote:
Hey Chad, Christian and Cy,

I’ve got a question. How did you guys get started with your profession? I just talked with my university strength coach today and he was a psychology major in college and studied to become a strength coach after competing in professional baseball. What are some tips on what I can do to move in the direction of attaining professions similar to yours?

Thanks
-poper[/quote]

5 years ago, I would’ve said that a Psychology degree is useless for strength coaches. Oh man, was I wrong! Therefore, I can’t discredit your university’s strength coach for doing so.
Nevertheless, you should find a reputable college that possesses an exercise-based degree. It makes no real difference whether you choose: Physiology, Neuroscience, Physical Therapy, etc. What matters is that you find what interests you most.

Thanks Chad. Im currently duel majoring in Ex. Phys. and Nutrition. I’m very excited to learn everthing I can about the fields.

[quote]poper wrote:
Im currently duel majoring in Ex. Phys. and Nutrition.
[/quote]

$500 says Ex. Phys. beats the crap out of Nutrition.