Prime Time: Barrt Simpson

I thought of modeling for BARRbizon but I thought I would ask some questions instead:

Barr, coming off of this 2 a day nightmare what do i need to be careful of in terms of not gaining fat mass? I don’t want my starving and wounded body to store everything in the wrong places.

Any thoughts?

-Get Lifted

BARRbie,

What’s this about a web-site?

Hopefully it’s not all about hockey, ice fishing, moose sightings, and curling (think cheese wheel and broom) league standings.

Take care,

Ryan

mindeffer, I agree that food won’t matter too much, in terms of directly affecting performance, the day of the competition.

Like all sporting events however, some people will do better with little food due to the stress of the day.

For most, light snacks are the way to go.

Hope that helps!

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
This just reminded me of something…

Anyhow, a couple of friends and I were wondering what would be a good energy source during a powerlifting meet. One guy nixed the idea of straight food on the premis that the energy from digestion would detract from performance. I stood firm that something would have to be ingested because nothing would be more detrimental, and another guy supposed that it wouldn’t matter, because the load is mainly neurological and takes too long to recover from.
Any suggestions?

[/quote]

GL, don’t worry about fat mass… for the love of a God, you just lost 50lbs!

EAT!

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
I thought of modeling for BARRbizon but I thought I would ask some questions instead:

Barr, coming off of this 2 a day nightmare what do i need to be careful of in terms of not gaining fat mass? I don’t want my starving and wounded body to store everything in the wrong places.

Any thoughts?

-Get Lifted[/quote]

Guys, I’m off for tonight. I’ll be back for another 2 hours tomorrow!

Cheers

Hey guys, I’m back on for another round of questions tonight.

Doc, those items are covered on my personal web site: http://www.davebarr.com
(it’s an old picture that makes me look 20 years older than I really am).

My new site will have more specific supplement consultation.

Will we seeing a drryan.com any time soon? Okay, your site exists, but you look different in your pic too!

[quote]Dr. Ryan wrote:
BARRbie,

What’s this about a web-site?

Hopefully it’s not all about hockey, ice fishing, moose sightings, and curling (think cheese wheel and broom) league standings.

Take care,

Ryan [/quote]

I’ve noticed you’ve launched your website a bit early…

Tri, I am really in the PGA and my
profile is here: http://www.pgatour.com/players/intro/131959

Of course, my pro hockey career with the Red Wings is outlined here: Dave Barr Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
I’ve noticed you’ve launched your website a bit early…

http://www.davebarr.com [/quote]

On the Cool Tip for today: [quote]Complete Leg Mass

One of the biggest mistakes that aspiring bodybuilders make with regards to their leg training, is leaving out direct adductor work. The adductor muscles make up a percentage of our leg mass so without direct work, you?ll never reach your potential. For overall size, be sure to focus the tension at both the knees in some exercises and at the ankles on others.[/quote]

There has been a thread started about adductor training: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=735924&pageNo=0#735947

Cressey also has a great article about this here: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459552

I think Barr needs a vacation to BARRbados in the Caribbean with a quiet violin and a hidden stranger playing with Saxophone in BARRITONE to set the mood.

Until then, serve me up the reason why it would be a good idea to take ALA BARRtender?

Yes, I’m eating lots of food but this cocktail known as ALA interests me.

-Get Lifted

GL, I appreciate the suggestion. LOL

I’m not completely sold on ALA for all purposes, but it may help in your situation.

Muscle damage induces a state of insulin resistance, which ironically can starve your muscles of the nutrients they need to repair and adapt.

At the very least, glucose uptake will be enhanced.

NOTE: Do NOT take it right before bed because it will drop your blood sugar.

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
I think Barr needs a vacation to BARRbados in the Caribbean with a quiet violin and a hidden stranger playing with Saxophone in BARRITONE to set the mood.

Until then, serve me up the reason why it would be a good idea to take ALA BARRtender?

Yes, I’m eating lots of food but this cocktail known as ALA interests me.

-Get Lifted
[/quote]

With my Green BARRet, BARr (Browning Automatic Rifle, and me being situated in a BARRicade M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle - Wikipedia

I’m confident to shoot another question at you…

Why do prunes or dried plums and raisins or dried grapes have a higher anti-oxidant level? And would it be a good idea to eat quite a bit of these because of the healthful benefits?

And because I’m feeling a little bit of BARRuch Spinoza’s power in philosophizing I’ll ask one more:

What do you think will happen to the current state of obesity and over-weight individuals in the US(even though I know your not from here or there, wherever) In other words, at what point do you think there will be a turn around or will it simply get worse until something absurd or drastic occurs?

-Get Lifted

DB Long time no talk. How are you? I am at the 30 day mark until show time. I am feeling good about the progress however I am constantely hungry it seems. I had some friends go offshore fishing and brought back some mako & tuna steaks that my girlfriend & I have been enjoying on the BARR-B-Q.:slight_smile:

Barr,

On ALA when would be the best time to take that? NOT before bed but would there be perhaps a better time to take it…

I’ll try it but would there be any indicator of measurement subjective or otherwise? AND what good brands are available?

-Get Lifted

GL II, asking about the antioxidants in prunes raisins… are you asking why from an evolutionary perspective?

Although I studied Biology and took a couple of (HORRIBLE) plant courses, that question is best left for the dried fruit evolutionary biologists.

Seriously, I think you’re asking what’s in them that makes them so beneficial. Polyphenols, and particularly resveretrol are the compounds that everyone is raving about.

While they’re a great addition to any diet, I wouldn’t go out of my to over eat these foods (especially prunes!).

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
Why do prunes or dried plums and raisins or dried grapes have a higher anti-oxidant level? And would it be a good idea to eat quite a bit of these because of the healthful benefits?[/quote]

Mike, did you try to hooida? Have you ever tried flax fibre? Stimulants generally help with appetite too.

[quote]mike hanley wrote:
DB Long time no talk. How are you? I am at the 30 day mark until show time. I am feeling good about the progress however I am constantely hungry it seems. I had some friends go offshore fishing and brought back some mako & tuna steaks that my girlfriend & I have been enjoying on the BARR-B-Q.:)[/quote]

Hey David, as a former student of the UofW(I got to UoGuelph now) I was wondering how the heck they ever decided to build that new gym @ columbia lake w/ absolutely no free weights or squat racks!

As a T-man you should not have stood for that abomination :slight_smile:

BARR,

How is Canada treating you? Has it cooled off a little bit?

GL III, living in/near the fattest city on the planet (Houston) gave me a good idea fo what the future of the Western world looks like.

Obesity is only going to get worse and worse…

I’ve read that even the more progressive areas of India are affected!

The only way this will change is if governments restrict the causative agents (“fatty foods”) and enforce mandatory exercise programs. I can’t even imagine the dystopian story that would follow such strict government regulation, so that’s all I’ll say about that.

Conclusion: We’re screwed.

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
What do you think will happen to the current state of obesity and over-weight individuals in the US(even though I know your not from here or there, wherever) In other words, at what point do you think there will be a turn around or will it simply get worse until something absurd or drastic occurs?

-Get Lifted
[/quote]