PRIME: CT Spiked Up and Ready to Roar!

christian,
i play football and follow a modified westside split. after some injuries (not major) i am working in a GPP phase right now, trying to increase work capacity/bulid core strength/hypertrophy. i know you views on plyo blocks throughout the year, but would you do any low intensity jumping in GPP, and if so what? also, do you like hill or flat land running in GPP?
thanks a ton

[quote]strongersafety wrote:
christian,
i play football and follow a modified westside split. after some injuries (not major) i am working in a GPP phase right now, trying to increase work capacity/bulid core strength/hypertrophy. i know you views on plyo blocks throughout the year, but would you do any low intensity jumping in GPP, and if so what? also, do you like hill or flat land running in GPP?
thanks a ton[/quote]

I don’t like jumping as GPP … One drill I like for football is uphill crab running… hours of fun for everybody!

what kind of pendulum would you give for say a combo of olympic lifting and strongman training. i like doing both.

sorry, but could you explain uphill crab running and its benefits?
thanks

CT,
Where would you place yeilding isometrics along the contraction speed continuum or would you place it in a different continuum

CT,
I’m doing an upper/lower 4 day split. One lower day is mostly DL and oly variants; the other is mostly squats.

Would you recommend any additional spinal erector work, or do the “money lifts” cover it?

Thanks.

I?m a powerlifter and a MMA.
I powerlift using a three day setup (Day 2: Squat, Day 4: BP, Day 6: Deadlift). Three days per week I train (on off days) in Brazilian jiu-jitsu (Day 1,Day 3, Day 5)

What would be the most efficient order and to avoid the dreaded overtraining:
Should I put BJJ on my lifting days (mornings or evenings) or do it on my off days?

Thanks for your help!