Priest (The Movie)

Priest is going to SUCK HARD!

They changed EVERYTHING about the manhwa, my friend had a company who would translate it and sell it in the market and it was an AWESOME story, i probably won~t watch it even on DVD, not even DIES IRAE can save it.

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:
Is anybody planning on seeing the movie? I was told that the novel was excellent and the story caught my attention. Im actually opting to see it over Thor. Hopefully that I wont be a mistake. Anyone know more behind the story?[/quote]

Mother fu…

Its only 8-12 dollars to see a movie! See them both!!

Just read the comic.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Is anybody planning on seeing the movie? I was told that the novel was excellent and the story caught my attention. Im actually opting to see it over Thor. Hopefully that I wont be a mistake. Anyone know more behind the story?[/quote]

Mother fu…

Its only 8-12 dollars to see a movie! See them both!![/quote]

Ya its called having a 5 week old child plus a job buddy.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
I’ll wait for it on DVD. I agree with others who think this could be similar to Legions.[/quote]

It is not. Saw an advanced screening. Liked it.
Liked Legion as well. Different movies all together.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
I’ll wait for it on DVD. I agree with others who think this could be similar to Legions.[/quote]

Liked Legion as well. Different movies all together.[/quote]

Good to know. Although I never saw Legion myself.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Mother fu…

Its only 8-12 dollars to see a movie! See them both!![/quote]

Ya its called having a 5 week old child plus a job buddy.
[/quote]

Sacrifices, Farmerson. Pay to see Thor and then sneak in to see Priest. Problem solved.

Just finished seeing a midnight viewing of it. Without fully knowing the background of the movie, I love the story. The movie though could have done a whole lot more with it. I dont know if it needs a different director or not but a sequel or continuing of the story would be amusing.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Liked Legion as well. Different movies all together.[/quote]

Your advice is mute you liked Legion… I mean hell even the trailer was horrible if you can’t make a good trailer what hopes does the movie have?

Imma just either wait till it comes up on FX/HBO or pirate it on a boring sunday.

Saw it as well. Wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible either. The story was good but that is because it is from a oomic. If it had been done by a better director, it could have probably been great… the whole movie just felt sort of static, and the plot seemed poorly integrated with the scenes.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Saw it as well. Wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible either. The story was good but that is because it is from a oomic. If it had been done by a better director, it could have probably been great… the whole movie just felt sort of static, and the plot seemed poorly integrated with the scenes.[/quote]

Agreed. Again, I dont know the whole comic story but it would seem like alot more could have been implanted into the movie that would have made it more of a riveting story/adventure than a short story. I feel like it could have been one of those long timed films that turn out outstanding(somewhat like the Lord of the Rings).

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Saw it as well. Wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible either. The story was good but that is because it is from a oomic. If it had been done by a better director, it could have probably been great… the whole movie just felt sort of static, and the plot seemed poorly integrated with the scenes.[/quote]

Agreed. Again, I dont know the whole comic story but it would seem like alot more could have been implanted into the movie that would have made it more of a riveting story/adventure than a short story. I feel like it could have been one of those long timed films that turn out outstanding(somewhat like the Lord of the Rings). [/quote]
yes good point. I felt that the movie didn’t know if it wanted to be sci-fi, horror, or action… so it did all three at once.

I let the side down. Went to see Hanna instead.

[quote]roybot wrote:
I let the side down. Went to see Hanna instead. [/quote]

How was it?

[quote]roybot wrote:

How was it?[/quote]

Really good. The influence of the Bourne movies is clear throughout, so I think it will appeal to people that enjoyed them, not so much to the people that didn’t.

The girl with the unpronounceable name (Saoirse Ronan?) did well in the lead and was as convincing as a teenage assassin could be this side of Hit Girl. Some stand-out scenes, especially at the beginning. Eric Bana kicked ass.

Looks like somethig I’ll see…when it hits Netflix

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

How was it?[/quote]

Really good. The influence of the Bourne movies is clear throughout, so I think it will appeal to people that enjoyed them, not so much to the people that didn’t.

The girl with the unpronounceable name (Saoirse Ronan?) did well in the lead and was as convincing as a teenage assassin could be this side of Hit Girl. Some stand-out scenes, especially at the beginning. Eric Bana kicked ass. [/quote]

Nice. Ive heard good reviews for it. Probably be the next thing I see.

Now Hanna on the other hand was awesome, except it felt a little weird with whole adolescence part of story and the serial killing girl, didn’t mesh too well together. But regardless was a fun and entertaining movie, very art house style directing. Soundtrack was the shit as well.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Now Hanna on the other hand was awesome, except it felt a little weird with whole adolescence part of story and the serial killing girl, didn’t mesh too well together.[/quote]

The awkwardness of Hanna trying to live a normal life was deliberate. (SPOILERS) She’d never interacted with anybody but her father. She’d never even heard music before she was “ready”, which is why music figures so heavily in the film (not just the soundtrack, but the incidental music).

I came out of it thinking that it wasn’t violent enough. I thought that the scene where the Spanish kid trys to kiss Hanna would have been better if Hanna’s fights were more graphic. I was wrong: she wasn’t amoral, she tried to kill the stag in the opening scene quickly and cleanly "I missed your heart, she says to it (and also to Cate Blanchett’s character). (/SPOILERS).

[quote]
But regardless was a fun and entertaining movie, very art house style directing. Soundtrack was the shit as well.[/quote]

Agreed. Chemical Brothers. Mainstream bands crossing over to movie soundtracks really deliver the goods.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

How was it?[/quote]

The girl with the unpronounceable name (Saoirse Ronan?) did well in the lead and was as convincing as a teenage assassin could be this side of Hit Girl. Some stand-out scenes, especially at the beginning. Eric Bana kicked ass. [/quote]

Nice. Ive heard good reviews for it. Probably be the next thing I see.[/quote]

Cool. I’m finding it hard to keep up with cinema releases at the moment. Hanna took priority over Priest because I’ve been waiting to see it for months. X-Men: First Class will be out soon so I’ve got a limited window of opportunity to see Priest. I’d like to support it because it isn’t Twilight, has a new-ish director and Paul Bettany is a good actor (just watch Gangster Number 1 - the film that made his name).