Priest Hires Hit Man

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
The problem, brother chris, is that the priests were NOT being “released and excommunicated.” They were being shuffled around and purposefully shielded from civil prosecution.

If you have evidence to the contrary, or stating that this has changed, I would very much like to see it. [/quote]

Not worth the conversation. I was going to say some nasty mean shit, actually I did, but this is an edit. The man isn’t worth donkey piss.

Catholics suck enormous amounts of donkey dick. All day long. If they were allowed to fuck maybe they wouldn’t go and rape little boys bum bums.

[quote]SlothGuy wrote:
Catholics suck enormous amounts of donkey dick. All day long. If they were allowed to fuck maybe they wouldn’t go and rape little boys bum bums.[/quote]

Go forth and be fruitful…we’re commanded to fuck like rabbits…in marriage. Hey, but I guess being the best in the world brings haters.

[quote]pat wrote:
Not worth the conversation. I was going to say some nasty mean shit, actually I did, but this is an edit. The man isn’t worth donkey piss. [/quote]

You should do some Yoga, heard its good for the soul. :wink:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]SlothGuy wrote:
Catholics suck enormous amounts of donkey dick. All day long. If they were allowed to fuck maybe they wouldn’t go and rape little boys bum bums.[/quote]

Go forth and be fruitful…we’re commanded to fuck like rabbits…in marriage. Hey, but I guess being the best in the world brings haters.[/quote]

Best in the world at what, being sheeple? Running around like chickens with your heads cut off, worried about if you can work hard enough for the church to get into heaven after a few thousand years of torment? Or that you are simply not good enough to speak directly to God so you have to sit in a tiny booth and tell all your sins to another man while he sits there and jerks off while listening to it?

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
when are the catholics going to stop molesting boys wtf lol[/quote]

Sorry, what? I don’t molest boys. Child molesters do. Being Catholic doesn’t make you a child molester, being a child molester does.

But, I digress. Hang the motherfucker.[/quote]

But your religion CONDONES it. It PROTECTS priests that molest boys by reassigning them instead of turning them in thereby giving them the opportunity to molest MORE boys. Not to mention the two BILLION dollars the catholic church has spent in settlements to victims in civil lawsuits… again, protecting the faggot, child molesting priests, not incarcerating them.
[/quote]

None of the faggots I know would ever molest a young boy.

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:

[quote]SlothGuy wrote:

Go forth and be fruitful…we’re commanded to fuck like rabbits…in marriage. Hey, but I guess being the best in the world brings haters.[/quote]

Best in the world at what, being sheeple? Running around like chickens with your heads cut off, worried about if you can work hard enough for the church to get into heaven after a few thousand years of torment? Or that you are simply not good enough to speak directly to God so you have to sit in a tiny booth and tell all your sins to another man while he sits there and jerks off while listening to it?[/quote]

All straw man, haters gonna hate!

• Sheeple, I’d say monkeys in a monkey house, not sheeple.
  • Works never saved anyone.
  • There is time restrictions in the afterlife, how do you measure purgatory when Catholics can’t?
  • I speak directly to God and Jesus every day (I got to daily Mass).
  • Jesus implemented the sacrament of Confession, “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Mt 16:19, 18:18) “If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained” (Jn 20:23).
  • You should really calm down with the Ad hominem attacks, you sound like a child…or a hater. Are you a hater? I think so. I’m going to brush off my shoulders hater, but you keep hating. :smiley: I <3 Hater!

No hater here. Just observer. And before we get into the “Chick” questions, the first time I read those was when DF linked to them.

• Monkeys in a monkey house would be an apt description of just about any religion or denomination.
  • I’m glad to hear you say that works don’t save but my question is what does the Roman Catholic post vatican II teach? Baptism is necessary for salvation. Is the act of baptizing not a work? What about the “following of the natural law” as well as faith? “The authority of the Magisterium extends also to the specific precepts of the natural law, because their observance, demanded by the Creator, is necessary for salvation.” You are adding a lot to salvation there. And, of course, you must partake of the sacraments as well for they are “necessary for salvation”. Is that not a physical act as well, or work?
  • Purgatory is never described in scripture. Where is the basis of belief other than the former Councils and Vatican teachings? Btw, indulgences are still accepted and encouraged even if you say they aren’t. “The Church also commends almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead”
  • Why go to confession when the Eucharist is all you need? “The body of Christ we receive in Holy Communion is “given up for us,” and the blood we drink “shed for the many for the forgiveness of sins.” For this reason the Eucharist cannot unite us to Christ without at the same time cleansing us from past sins and preserving us from future sins:” But if the Eucharist, or wafer, is able to cleanse us from past sins, would that not be salvation? And to quote it even further “As bodily nourishment restores lost strength, so the Eucharist strengthens our charity, which tends to be weakened in daily life; and this living charity wipes away venial sins.” So if it can wipe away the venial sins, those sins that keep you in purgatory, who holds the power of salvation? God holds the power of salvation but the church maintains the power over purgatory through the Eucharist which can only be received from the Catholic Church.

This is a bit of a convoluted mess isn’t it?

Hater? My friend you have no idea of the road I have traveled spiritually. And I have no idea of the road you have traveled. But don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining.

I am disgusted at how the church hides the perverts when they become apparent. They should be arrested without question. You gotta love the Catholic church, securing the right to touch boys, one tickle at a time.

The one silver lining is that despite the scandal, the priesthood is by and large made of up of some of the most self-sacrificing men. Most figures I see places sexual abuse as roughly equivalent with other clergy, and lower than that of public schools. And with the continuing reworking of procedure (screening techniques, church investigative procedure, communication, oversight, and judicial reform) I’m looking foward to when the Catholic Church is sitting well below protestant churches with regards to such a tragic stat.

And if one more numbskull brings up the discipline of celibacy, I’m going to curse you out with ineffective non-swear words. Folks, sexual abuse of minors is higher in public schools, and much higher among family members. Now unless these folks are participating in some new celibacy craze sweeping the nation…

As far as the piss-poor understanding of Catholic doctrine/dogma, and even of scripture, I’m not interested. Sorry, but I’m not going to entertain “bible Christians” any further than to provide a bit of ammunition for my atheist friends. Atheist friends, here’s an arrow for your quiver…Neither Christ, nor the apostles established a bible. They established a church, with a hierarchy; elders, deacons, presbtyrs, etc. Sola scriptura is an admission that Christ is a myth. Why? Because apparently Christ’s church was cast down. Christ, apparently, couldn’t protect his Church from the gates of sola scriptura, much less hell itself.

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:
No hater here. Just observer. And before we get into the “Chick” questions, the first time I read those was when DF linked to them.

• Monkeys in a monkey house would be an apt description of just about any religion or denomination.
  • I’m glad to hear you say that works don’t save but my question is what does the Roman Catholic post vatican II teach? Baptism is necessary for salvation. Is the act of baptizing not a work? What about the “following of the natural law” as well as faith? “The authority of the Magisterium extends also to the specific precepts of the natural law, because their observance, demanded by the Creator, is necessary for salvation.” You are adding a lot to salvation there. And, of course, you must partake of the sacraments as well for they are “necessary for salvation”. Is that not a physical act as well, or work?
    [/quote]

You have to understand right now, my head is in a fog because I’ve been working non-stop for four weeks. And, my mind is slipping so I’ll try to come up with a short answer, as you can see in the immigrant thread, that last night I just did a mental dump on MaximusB, which if you’re reading this MaximusB: I am sorry.

James 2:24 “You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.”

2:24 faith alone: Faith by itself is “dead” (2:17), “barren” (2:20), and has no power to “save” anyone (2:14). In the NT, the expression “faith alone” occurs only in James, where it is rejected as false teaching. Paul often stresses the importance of “justification by faith”, but he nowhere speaks of justification by faith alone (Rom 3:28; Gal 2:15-16).

So, we are justified by faith and works, but does that mean we are saved? I say no, some say yes. In my prideful nature, I say they are wrong. Without Jesus, would faith and works have the power to save? No, so only Jesus saves us. However, as Eph 2:6-10 says there are works we should be concerned with and doing.

[quote]

• Purgatory is never described in scripture. Where is the basis of belief other than the former Councils and Vatican teachings?[/quote]

Well, let’s see what I can wrangle up, and what is wrong with former councils, didn’t former councils give us the Bible?

Rev 21:27, “nothing unclean shall enter it.” There is the thing that if we die with our mortal sins forgiven, we can still go to heaven. But we have to fix our mess though.

Heb 9:27 shows us that there are two judgments. Augustine tells us that temporary (def. temporal) punishments are suffered by some this life, by others after death, and some both now and then, but all of them before the last and strictest judgement.

Luke 12:59 tells us that we’ll never get out of the hell of the dead, purgatory, purgatorio, whatever the Orthodox call it until we pay the very last penny (or copper).

Monica asked Augustine (her son) to remember her in the Masses. It wouldn’t make sense to ask her to remember her if she wouldn’t benefit from the prayers, which if you’re in Heaven you don’t need prayers because your saved, and if you’re in Hell you don’t need prayers because you can’t be saved.

Also, tombs or catacombs had graffiti during the first three centuries show prayers for the dead. Again, people in both Heaven and Hell don’t need prayers.

in 1 Peter 3:19, “in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison.” The Church takes this as Jesus in Purgatory with the spirits. No reason to go to Hell to talk to spirits, their souls are damned forever.

Also in Matthew 12:32, Jesus refers to the sinner who “will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” which suggests that one can be freed from his punishment from one’s sins.

1 Cor 3:15, Paul talks about man’s works will be tried after he dies, where are they going to be tried…if he’s in Heaven he’s not going to get kicked out, and Hell he’s staying there forever. Heaven specifically because their is no suffering or fire there.

Plus there is 2 Macc 12:43-45: “In doing this he acted in a very excellent and noble way, inasmuch as he had the resurrection of the dead in view; for if he were not expecting the dead to rise again, it would have been useless and foolish to pray for them in death. But if he did this with a view to the splendid reward that awaits those who had gone to rest in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin”

The Jews believed in Purgatory, and history shows us that early Christians did. Even though they didn’t call it purgatory, but purgatory can be called anything, it is the concept and being humans we gave it a name.

So, I don’t put a bunch of stuff on here I’ll just give you a link I found: http://www.catholic.com/library/Purgatory.asp

Of course indulgences are accepted and encouraged, I just did a plenary indulgence on All Soul’s Day. I try to do one once a week after I go to confession and take communion.

Yes, it is good to do indulgences for those in purgatory so as to easy their temporal punishment.

Yes, it will clean us of our sins, as we are perfected in the presence of the Lord. However, that does not mean that we don’t have stuff before that we need to do before taking Eucharist. The Bible says that before we give our gift/sacrifice that we have our brother forgive us.

Basically, goes something like this. We are absolved of our sins, we are no longer guilty of our sins, we take communion so we are cleaned of our sins, made perfect in the Lord’s presences, indulgence or purgatory cleans up the mess.

By the way, sorry if I didn’t answer your question, your source is a little confusing, can I get a link to it so I can read what it says to put it in context.

You can be free of all sin and still make it into purgatory. Where did you get your stuff from? I’d like to see what this is, I have a feeling it is a Catechism.

Think of it like this, if I went to my father’s house (earthy father) and I spilled OJ. And, I tell my father I am sorry, of course he’s going to forgive me. However, the spill has to be cleaned up. That is purgatory. It’s kind of abstract, but that’s as basic as I can get. When we sin we hurt others and we have to fix that, either through punishment now or later, or both.

[quote]
This is a bit of a convoluted mess isn’t it?

Hater? My friend you have no idea of the road I have traveled spiritually. And I have no idea of the road you have traveled. But don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining.[/quote]

I have no clue what you’re talking about, I don’t know if you have seen what flack I get…on these forums…by people that call themselves my friends for being Catholic. I assume everyone hates me because I’m Catholic, and that is fine. It is easy to hate something you don’t know or understand.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I am disgusted at how the church hides the perverts when they become apparent. They should be arrested without question. You gotta love the Catholic church, securing the right to touch boys, one tickle at a time. [/quote]

I am disgusted as well, but it is not the whole Church who is doing it, sorry. And, you haven’t even attempted to prove this.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
The one silver lining is that despite the scandal, the priesthood is by and large made of up of some of the most self-sacrificing men. Most figures I see places sexual abuse as roughly equivalent with other clergy, and lower than that of public schools. And with the continuing reworking of procedure (screening techniques, church investigative procedure, communication, oversight, and judicial reform) I’m looking foward to when the Catholic Church is sitting well below protestant churches with regards to such a tragic stat.

And if one more numbskull brings up the discipline of celibacy, I’m going to curse you out with ineffective non-swear words. Folks, sexual abuse of minors is higher in public schools, and much higher among family members. Now unless these folks are participating in some new celibacy craze sweeping the nation…

As far as the piss-poor understanding of Catholic doctrine/dogma, and even of scripture, I’m not interested. Sorry, but I’m not going to entertain “bible Christians” any further than to provide a bit of ammunition for my atheist friends. Atheist friends, here’s an arrow for your quiver…Neither Christ, nor the apostles established a bible. They established a church, with a hierarchy; elders, deacons, presbtyrs, etc. Sola scriptura is an admission that Christ is a myth. Why? Because apparently Christ’s church was cast down. Christ, apparently, couldn’t protect his Church from the gates of sola scriptura, much less hell itself.[/quote]

Wanna a beer? I’m tired, too.

Short true story…

My sister-in-law is a screaming catholic and always insisted that their kids (2 girls, 1 boy) go to the local catholic grammar school because, you know, the catholic kool-aid says the education is the best of any school in the area. Regardless, the non-catholic side of the family was very concerned about the young boy, for obvious reasons. I’m talking ‘wake up in the middle of the night’ kind of worried/concerned.

So my non-catholic, go-with-the-flow brother says…“We don’t have to worry about that because the priest of the parish is married.” Apparently, there was a shortage of catholic priests and the catholic church hired priests from outside the fold. In this case, it was a married former protestant priest, his wife and I believe two kids. Fine. The boy makes it through that school without event (we think). Then, a few years ago, the priest gets busted for beating his wife. It comes out that the wife beating was an ongoing problem when the priest drank too much but finally it was so bad one night that the wife called the cops.

Of course, the church immediately holed the priest up in another local catholic church, so the family could stay in the rectory until they found other lodging. He eventually pleaded guilty on all counts. WTF?

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2006/05_06/2006_05_13_McHugh_YearsOf.htm

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
Short true story…

My sister-in-law is a screaming catholic and always insisted that their kids (2 girls, 1 boy) go to the local catholic grammar school because, you know, the catholic kool-aid says the education is the best of any school in the area. Regardless, the non-catholic side of the family was very concerned about the young boy, for obvious reasons. I’m talking ‘wake up in the middle of the night’ kind of worried/concerned.

So my non-catholic, go-with-the-flow brother says…“We don’t have to worry about that because the priest of the parish is married.” Apparently, there was a shortage of catholic priests and the catholic church hired priests from outside the fold. In this case, it was a married former protestant priest, his wife and I believe two kids. Fine. The boy makes it through that school without event (we think). Then, a few years ago, the priest gets busted for beating his wife. It comes out that the wife beating was an ongoing problem when the priest drank too much but finally it was so bad one night that the wife called the cops.

Of course, the church immediately holed the priest up in another local catholic church, so the family could stay in the rectory until they found other lodging. He eventually pleaded guilty on all counts. WTF?
[/quote]

I would have worried about the boy more after I found out that he was married. I really wouldn’t, because there isn’t much to worry about in the first place.

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2006/05_06/2006_05_13_McHugh_YearsOf.htm[/quote]

Ah…the issue of marriage and priesthood, they briefly mentioned it but the man fondled a boy four times while drunk. As well, sounds like he broke down and neglected his duties to his family because of his duties to the Parish.

I absolutely hate and loath people that abuse people, especially those that are close to them that have invested their trust in them.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
<<< Christ, apparently, couldn’t protect his Church from the gates of sola scriptura, much less hell itself.[/quote]Sloth, ya know I love ya buddy. Despite our grave differences you remain one of my very favorite people here whose insights and analysis I respect immensely. You also know I really do mean that. I additionally do not want a round three with you. Let me just simply say that this is a not up to your caliber.

I will also say I’m prepared to accept your numbers on perversion. It’s probably true that on a per capita basis the rate of deviancy is not much different than elsewhere. It’s how it’s been handled that raises the ire as you know. Still, as much as I disdain the RCC I don’t champion the perversion angle against it. I’m not even positive why, I just don’t like it and have not felt led to go that route.