Pride/UFC Pictures

[quote]skullcowboy wrote:
one thing to medidate…one of the greatest kickers alive uses a smith machine to squat???[/quote]

It sure aint the smith machine that made him a good kicker, Shit man if all he did was sit around and drink beer I bet he’d still have a wicked kick!

[quote]skullcowboy wrote:
one thing to medidate…one of the greatest kickers alive uses a smith machine to squat???[/quote]

are you talking about this guy?

http://djhell.users.cg.yu/IgorVsCroCop.wmv

hey jersey…i’m joking!

having read T-mag since '99, I’m very much aware that smith machine doesn’t do anything good.

the purpose of the post was to show that even an elite athlete does inefficient training…the question is, what would their performance be if they trained “better”?

of course, this is subjective…

Michael570, who is winning that exchange?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1118359415970.2611ArlovskiVictorious.jpg

I really think they should have cast Arvoloski as Wolverine lol

i guess i worded that wrong. i meant where one person is calm cool and collected. and the other person is fighting like a drunk in a bar. i was trying to say that i find it more entertaining to watch martial arts sparing at a traditional dojo rather than UFC.

thats all i meant. yes i agree a lopsided fight would be as entertaining as nascar or baseball.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
I really think they should have cast Arvoloski as Wolverine lol[/quote]

Isn’t he about 6’4"? A bit too tall to play a 5’ Wolverine. He is definitely a bad, bad man though.

[quote]Massif wrote:
Isn’t he about 6’4"? A bit too tall to play a 5’ Wolverine. He is definitely a bad, bad man though. [/quote]

Open question -

WHo would win in Arlovsky -vs- Feodor

La’
Redsol1

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Massif wrote:
Isn’t he about 6’4"? A bit too tall to play a 5’ Wolverine. He is definitely a bad, bad man though.

Open question -

La’
Redsol1
[/quote]

My money is on Fedor, mainly because he is an indestructible cyborg killing machine who cannot be stopped.

Andre has excellent skills, hits like a motherfucker, but is also very patient and tactical in his fights. Fedor is a lot more spontaneous and an “ouside the box” type of fighter. No-one knows what his is going to do next becuase he has no clue. That unpredictability makes him very hard to train for. His attitude is also excellent - he doesn’t go to fight, he goes to war.

I think Fedor hits harder, and is a more natural fighter (on account of his programming), but Andre has a puncher’s chance. I don’t think Fedor has fought anyone as well rounded as Andre.

[quote]willfull wrote:
i guess i worded that wrong. i meant where one person is calm cool and collected. and the other person is fighting like a drunk in a bar. i was trying to say that i find it more entertaining to watch martial arts sparing at a traditional dojo rather than UFC.

thats all i meant. yes i agree a lopsided fight would be as entertaining as nascar or baseball.[/quote]

Hey! I like Nascar…

[quote]Massif wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

Isn’t he about 6’4"? A bit too tall to play a 5’ Wolverine. He is definitely a bad, bad man though. [/quote]

Well…look at what they did the the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy. They took humans and “shrunk” them to look like Hobbits and Dwarves. If they can do it, they can do it for X-men.

Most true thing you ever ever said lol.

[quote]Trailblazer wrote:
Massif wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

Well…look at what they did the the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy. They took humans and “shrunk” them to look like Hobbits and Dwarves. If they can do it, they can do it for X-men.[/quote]

They can do the opposite quite well to. This is why Tom Cruise looks taller than his natural 5’5" at the movies. Tiny little thing who gets way more pussy than he deserves…

[quote]Massif wrote:
My money is on Fedor, mainly because he is an indestructible cyborg killing machine who cannot be stopped.

Andre has excellent skills, hits like a motherfucker, but is also very patient and tactical in his fights. Fedor is a lot more spontaneous and an “ouside the box” type of fighter. No-one knows what his is going to do next becuase he has no clue. That unpredictability makes him very hard to train for. His attitude is also excellent - he doesn’t go to fight, he goes to war.

I think Fedor hits harder, and is a more natural fighter (on account of his programming), but Andre has a puncher’s chance. I don’t think Fedor has fought anyone as well rounded as Andre. [/quote]

Agreed. I think Fedor’s GNP is the best in both leagues right now. I’ve never seen anyone be able to hit as hard as he does from the top.

I’m realy looking forward to the Fedor Cro Cop match (when it happens). That’s going to be a wierd fight because they are two of my fav Pride Heavyweights. I’ll be cheering for them both at the same time.

La’
Redsol1

[quote]Massif wrote:
Trailblazer wrote:
Massif wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

Well…look at what they did the the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy. They took humans and “shrunk” them to look like Hobbits and Dwarves. If they can do it, they can do it for X-men.

They can do the opposite quite well to. This is why Tom Cruise looks taller than his natural 5’5" at the movies. Tiny little thing who gets way more pussy than he deserves…[/quote]

Yeah, now THAT is true…the bastard. I heard John Wayne was a short bastard too…the doorways were made short to make him look tall…at least I THINK is was John Wayne…

[quote]Trailblazer wrote:

Yeah, now THAT is true…the bastard. I heard John Wayne was a short bastard too…the doorways were made short to make him look tall…at least I THINK is was John Wayne…[/quote]

Oh no, John Wayne was 10 feet tall, and bulletproof. They had to make the sets BIGGER… He had to ride clydesdale’s and belgians, his adversaries’s horses had to wear stilts.

That’s the theory I’m stickin’ to anyway.

GAINER

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
.[/quote]

That Randleman suplex of Fedor was unbelievable. Too bad he rolled right into the submission. Typical Randleman - and shows just how good Fedor really is.

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Massif wrote:

Open question -

La’
Redsol1
[/quote]

Like Silva vs Chuck and Silva vs Randy we will probably never find out. Arlovsky has really impressed me, but Cabbage, Eilers and Sylvia are nowhere near the skill level of Fedor. I think Arlovski would give him a run.

Anyone know how Arlovski got to UFC? The western European fighters usually go to Pride.

I just recently began to watch and read about UFC/PRIDE fighting and I was wondering a few things. Is a fedor vs Cro Cop fight going to happen? Are both of these guys in their prime? and also are they considered to be the top two MMA fighters right now?

heres another clip, not pride/ufc but…
http://www.sublimedirectory.com/basement/media/kimbo.wmv

[quote]gladiatorsteer wrote:
I just recently began to watch and read about UFC/PRIDE fighting and I was wondering a few things. Is a fedor vs Cro Cop fight going to happen? Are both of these guys in their prime? and also are they considered to be the top two MMA fighters right now?

heres another clip, not pride/ufc but…
http://www.sublimedirectory.com/basement/media/kimbo.wmv
[/quote]

Fedor is the HW champ, Mirko is the #1 contender. Rumor has it that the Fedor -vs- Crocop fight will be the superfight on the final of the MW Grand Prix (august I think)

Both Fedor and Cro Cop are on top of their game. Mirko was born 9/10/1974 (30), Fedor is 28. Definatly in their prime.

As far as are they the top fighters, they are definatly in the top 5 or 10. Cro Cop is defiatly one of the top if not the top striker. Arlovsky is also one of the top. Cro Cop took out Mark Coleman with ease and his takedown defense is amazing, especialy for someone as tall as he is. Fedor excells at GNP and submissions. As I stated earlier his GNP is brutal! The first fight I saw him in was against Heath Herring. Fedor decimated Herring, breaking his orbital socket in two places. Fedor -vs- Cro Cop will be the textboox example of Striker -vs- Grappler.

La’
Redsol1