Preworkout Stimulants

i recently gave up my preworkout Caffeine and ephedrine for adderal. when i take the caffeine and/or ephedrine before my workouts i feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. with the adderal i had more energy than i have ever had, but i was focused and my heart rate was normal. i talk to some of my friends they were recommending ritalin as a preworkout stimulant.

what you think? what preworkout stimulants do you take?

i take adderal but after it wears off about 4hours later it makes me feel like shit mentally. I take it for school / studying.

IMO this is an area Biotest supp rules. Powerdrive and Spike are both awesome, though I usually get by with HOT-ROX when I’m cutting (as is the case now).

And I’m in the opinion that adrenal burn out is very real so I wouldnt take stimulants day in and day out.

I have used Power Drive pre workout and liked it years ago. I think they market Power Drive for neural recovery now and recommend using it after training and Spike before hand. I still recommend Power Drive before training. I have used Spike a few times. Never thought it was as good as Power Drive. I once took Spike after I had been awake 24 hours and needed to drive 4 hours to get somewhere. I took the pill made the drive and then slept for 10 hours as soon as I got there.

I’m going to go ahead and metaphorically whack off Biotest again here…

I fucking LOVE Spike. Seriously, I get almost euphoric on it. Life just seems so much better on it. That goes alongside with the fact that I just DON’T get tired on it. Amazing stuff.

Bushy, the way you keep on hyping up the Moda has got me getting antsy about it. I just may have to try it out finally.

redline RTD > Spike pills or RTD

i love some of Biotest’s stuff but pre workout im not a fan of any of it.

Instant coffe works for me!!!

d-bol

Hell yeah my last run in with d-bol i took 10mgs before and after work outs.

LOVELY!!!

[quote]thebigguy wrote:
i recently gave up my preworkout Caffeine and ephedrine for adderal. when i take the caffeine and/or ephedrine before my workouts i feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. with the adderal i had more energy than i have ever had, but i was focused and my heart rate was normal. i talk to some of my friends they were recommending ritalin as a preworkout stimulant.

what you think? what preworkout stimulants do you take?[/quote]
wow. You know you are taking pure speed now before ur workouts? You may as well be using crystal meth although that would be a bit stronger. I would say, yeah you will get a great workout and I have taken dexedrine which is also an amphetamine before training but only when my carbs were really low before a contest.

However, u are probably playing with fire as u will probably end up not being able to workout without it and even worse could become an addict. Also it will be tough to maintain your bodyweight as that shit eats weight away. I don’t know, I don’t like to preach because of what I have done in my life but really, I would leave this drug alone.

Doesn’t taking a stimulant before a workout keep your veins constricted?

I was also under the impression that it was bad for bulking purposes…

I am sure I am wrong… sorry for the dumb questions.

I don’t enjoy the Spike pills as much as Shooters.

[quote]kayveeay wrote:
Doesn’t taking a stimulant before a workout keep your veins constricted?

I was also under the impression that it was bad for bulking purposes…

I am sure I am wrong… sorry for the dumb questions.[/quote]

I have heard the same thing about ephedrine, reducing blood flow. I just pop 300mg of caffeine with a Rockstar blue and that gets me pretty good to go. Its about 540mg of caffeine in one sitting.

30mg of dbol 3 or 4 hours after before the workout.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
The way I understand most stimulants to work (in a very general way) is threefold.

Firstly you have the CNS stimulating effects - releasing more neuro transmitters, etc.

Secondly, you have the effects on the sympathetic nervous system, i.e. the increase of body temp and metabolic rate. This leads onto…

Thirdly, there is diversion of blood away from areas like the genitals and the internal organs, towards the limbs and other skeletal muscles.

Basically, stimulants create a false ‘fight or flight’ response, which generally involves vasodilation of some areas (muscle) and vasoconstriction of other areas (guts, genitals).

Now you guys (KVA, G_B) may be thinking of cocaine which has the fairly unique property of being a local cutaneous vasoconstrictor. In other words, if you apply it to the skin, it will constrict blood vessels in that immediate area, making it useful for surgery. Unfortunately it may be this same vasoconstrictive property of cocaine that is responsible for sudden cardiac death in some athletes who have taken it. However, that’s my own conclusion so don’t go repeating that as fact ;)[/quote]

Hmm… for some reason I always thought caffeine was supposed to be really bad for BBing.

In addition, I know you’re an expert on chemistry, but a bit of personal experience with adderall…

I have used Adderall (Xtended release) for studying and tests in college… when working out on it, I feel like I can go forever. However, I crash afterwards, and I find myself not getting the best pump or strength from my workout.

On a side note, I think I’ll try one of those preworkout drinks tomorow to see if you guys are right! :slight_smile: