Pretty Cool Anti-Cancer Stuff I Found.

Hey guys,

I dont know if yall know people who have cancer personally but my mother has a form of blood cancer which is incurable. Well anyways my mom and my step dad were on a little vacation and they met some people who’s dad died from cancer and they were wearing a wrist band like the “live strong” ones but instead of live strong it says “Fuck Cancer”.

Well we immediately bought 10 for our family but i wanted to pass it onto you guys so that if you hate cancer as much as i do, you can express it very discreetly but when people ask about “whats your band say” you can explain the reasoning behind it. Anyways the website is www.wehatecancer.net and i am by no means affiliated with it, i just wanted to spread the word.

We will donate a portion of the sales proceeds from this site to select cancer patients and organizations who strive to fuck cancer through research and cancer prevention awareness.

Ughh… Hate organisations that try to capitalise with merch.

Yea I agree but… its still awesome stuff that brings awareness you know? and its not like your giving them thousands of dollars. Each bracelet is 4 dollars shipped.

I like it! I wanna punch cancer in the face!

I know too many loved ones who had it. Some have died.

Fuck cancer, indeed!

I feel you, but to be honest I’d much rather just donate the money directly and anonymously.

Still, do what you feel! All the more power to you if this is how you express your opinion. I take it your mother has leukemia; best of luck to you and your family in this situation.

Love it.

My Aunt died from breast cancer. I must buy one of these bracelets.

[quote]acuratlman789 wrote:
Yea i agree but… its still awesome stuff that brings awareness you know? and its not like your giving them thousands of dollars. Each bracelet is 4 dollars shipped. [/quote]

Awareness of what? I’m fairly certain everyone already knows about cancer.

Hmm maybe its a way of venting, venting when something is eating away at a family member and all you can do is be there for them.

Yes people are aware of cancer BUT i dont think people should ever forget this evil disease and anything that people can do to help the cause (raise awareness and show people care)

FOR EXAMPLE, when i went to the dermatology office a woman was sitting next to me and saw my bracelet and said thank you, i said for what, she said for your bracelet, because skin cancer killed my husband. THATS what im talking about.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
acuratlman789 wrote:
Yea i agree but… its still awesome stuff that brings awareness you know? and its not like your giving them thousands of dollars. Each bracelet is 4 dollars shipped.

Awareness of what? I’m fairly certain everyone already knows about cancer.[/quote]

+1

I was thinking of the same thing. However, I came to the conclusion that there’s probably be an organisation’s name or URL printed on the back of the bracelet, hence spreading awareness of a more narrow cause.

Hmm maybe its a way of venting, venting when something is eating away at a family member and all you can do is be there for them.

Yes people are aware of cancer BUT i dont think people should ever forget this evil disease and anything that people can do to help the cause (raise awareness and show people care)

FOR EXAMPLE, when i went to the dermatology office a woman was sitting next to me and saw my bracelet and said thank you, i said for what, she said for your bracelet, because skin cancer killed my husband. THATS what im talking about.[/quote]

I still have no idea what you’re talking about. It seems like a grab for attention, a sort of ‘Look how magnanimous I am’ thing. We all know about cancer, most of us know people that have had or died or are dying from cancer, and everyone knows what cancer is. A woman thanked you for disliking cancer? That’s ridiculous. No one likes cancer, and I’m sure she could have thanked a few other people in the room for disliking it as well. Cancer isn’t fun, but that’s no reason to attempt to martyr people for getting it.

These bracelets are at best silly, and at worst an attempt to not only effectively ‘market’ cancer, but also to attention-whore people who think they are owed something just because someone they know has it. I’ll do without.

ain’t no cure for cancer and there ain’t never gonna be none

Man will figure out ways to cheat death and nature will figure out other ways to fuck with him.

Fuck death.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
acuratlman789 wrote:

FOR EXAMPLE, when i went to the dermatology office a woman was sitting next to me and saw my bracelet and said thank you, i said for what, she said for your bracelet, because skin cancer killed my husband. THATS what im talking about.

I still have no idea what you’re talking about. It seems like a grab for attention, a sort of ‘Look how magnanimous I am’ thing. We all know about cancer, most of us know people that have had or died or are dying from cancer, and everyone knows what cancer is. A woman thanked you for disliking cancer? That’s ridiculous. No one likes cancer, and I’m sure she could have thanked a few other people in the room for disliking it as well. Cancer isn’t fun, but that’s no reason to attempt to martyr people for getting it.

These bracelets are at best silly, and at worst an attempt to not only effectively ‘market’ cancer, but also to attention-whore people who think they are owed something just because someone they know has it. I’ll do without.[/quote]

Yes, these bracelets are a fashion statement for most people. As it happens, being ‘conscious’ is marketable and fashionable. Now, having said that… Would you rather a dollar is wasted by someone on random produce, or a band? Even in this case, some of the proceeds go to charities (though I dread to think of the miniscule percentage…) thus benefiting people with cancer. At worst, I would hope that the bracelets might remind someone to donate to cancer; besides, while juvenile, they at the very least signal a positive attitude.

Now, what I do find silly is the slogan itself. Not indicative of a serious attitude; I don’t think this kind of brouhaha will help in promoting the cause. Nevertheless, it’s the thought that matters. Sorta.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
acuratlman789 wrote:

These bracelets are at best silly, and at worst an attempt to not only effectively ‘market’ cancer, but also to attention-whore people who think they are owed something just because someone they know has it. I’ll do without.

Yes, these bracelets are a fashion statement for most people. As it happens, being ‘conscious’ is marketable and fashionable. Now, having said that… Would you rather a dollar is wasted by someone on random produce, or a band? Even in this case, some of the proceeds go to charities (though I dread to think of the miniscule percentage…) thus benefiting people with cancer. At worst, I would hope that the bracelets might remind someone to donate to cancer; besides, while juvenile, they at the very least signal a positive attitude.

Now, what I do find silly is the slogan itself. Not indicative of a serious attitude; I don’t think this kind of brouhaha will help in promoting the cause. Nevertheless, it’s the thought that matters. Sorta. [/quote]

Support cancer research by donating, by all means, but this is not the way to do it. These bands are selfish and stupid. I would rather see no money go in than a few pennies from self-righteous hypocrites. There is no thought here that isn’t misled or self-centered. The OP may think he’s doing something altruistic by wearing this, but I bet he feels like a real cool motherfucker walking around with it on. Cancer is fine. Fuck this stupid jewelry.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
G87 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
acuratlman789 wrote:

Now, what I do find silly is the slogan itself. Not indicative of a serious attitude; I don’t think this kind of brouhaha will help in promoting the cause. Nevertheless, it’s the thought that matters. Sorta.

Support cancer research by donating, by all means, but this is not the way to do it. These bands are selfish and stupid. I would rather see no money go in than a few pennies from self-righteous hypocrites. There is no thought here that isn’t misled or self-centered. The OP may think he’s doing something altruistic by wearing this, but I bet he feels like a real cool motherfucker walking around with it on. Cancer is fine. Fuck this stupid jewelry.[/quote]

I’m guessing you never got into the whole LIVESTRONG thing, either?

[quote]anonym wrote:
I’m guessing you never got into the whole LIVESTRONG thing, either?[/quote]

I know this is directed at someone else, but still… Where is this leading? (Not a hostile response, just genuine interest)

[quote]anonym wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
G87 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
acuratlman789 wrote:

Support cancer research by donating, by all means, but this is not the way to do it. These bands are selfish and stupid. I would rather see no money go in than a few pennies from self-righteous hypocrites. There is no thought here that isn’t misled or self-centered. The OP may think he’s doing something altruistic by wearing this, but I bet he feels like a real cool motherfucker walking around with it on. Cancer is fine. Fuck this stupid jewelry.

I’m guessing you never got into the whole LIVESTRONG thing, either?[/quote]

Ha! That was one fashion trend I did not partake in. I don’t think anyone could seriously argue it had any merit aside from looking cool and stylish.

WRISTSTRONG

Wow, def didnt mean for this to become a war. Sorry that i am “These bracelets are at best silly, and at worst an attempt to not only effectively ‘market’ cancer, but also to attention-whore people who think they are owed something just because someone they know has it.”

As for the original purpose of this thread, i found a site i liked. just wanted to bring it to your attention. it wasnt a “EVERYONE GO GET THIS CAUSE THIS SUPPORTS CANCER RESEARCH” or “I THINK THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO GET ATTENTION” so get off my case. if you dont like the site then fine, thats your opinion. Why cant we all just be friendly and not try to be all big and powerful behind a keyboard.

Btw mods, feel free to delete this thread. I think this is ridiculous and def was not the intention.

Wow, def didnt mean for this to become a war. Sorry that i am “These bracelets are at best silly, and at worst an attempt to not only effectively ‘market’ cancer, but also to attention-whore people who think they are owed something just because someone they know has it.”

As for the original purpose of this thread, i found a site i liked. just wanted to bring it to your attention. it wasnt a “EVERYONE GO GET THIS CAUSE THIS SUPPORTS CANCER RESEARCH” or “I THINK THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO GET ATTENTION” so get off my case. if you dont like the site then fine, thats your opinion. Why cant we all just be friendly and not try to be all big and powerful behind a keyboard.[/quote]

You said why you liked it, I said why I didn’t. There’s nothing unfriendly about having a discussion about something. Don’t take it personally. You gave your opinion, I gave mine, there’s no war here.

Why do you feel the need to get defensive when your thread topic is questioned? If you were expecting to get a series of back-pats, I’m sorry I couldn’t do that for you. I’m certainly not attempting to be big and powerful, I’m attempting a discussion. You argue your point, I argue mine. It would happen the same way in person. For some reason most people can’t understand how someone can disagree with them but not have any sort of malevolent intent. Should you care to continue, the next step would be where you offer a rebuttal.