Presidential Vote: Have You Changed?

TL;DR no it’s not!

Explain why otherwise you’re not saying anything of substance

Hey check out this immigrant criticizing immigration. It’s hilarious Am I right?

Trump’s supporters are ignorant idiots

White working class people in flyover states overwhelmingly support Trump

Therefore white working class people in flyover states are largely ignorant idiots

Who exactly is a millennial?

Alexander Hamilton was of British descent and emigrated from the British West Indies to British Colonial America. Not a very strong argument if you’re trying to claim thats an equal comparison to modern immigrants in America.

Never took a mathematical proof class, huh?

Things that are missing from my post to make that huge logical leap:
Actual percentage of working class supporting Trump.
actual percentage of Trumps supporters that aren’t white working class.
Any notion that people in other classes or voting any other way aren’t also ignorant.
Any specific correlation in my statement between individual types of Trump supporters and my statement to the exclusion of other types of supporters. It applied to all his supporters, even blacks, hispanics, liberals, New Yorkers, rich, poor, ets.

If I say surfers are lazy you can’t claim I said people who live on the coast are lazy. I never insinuated a disproportionate amount of laziness on the coast. Lazy people in other places probably just don’t surf. Or in this case, ignorant people in other parts of the country probably vote Hilary.

I also think Liberals are idiots, BLM people are idiots, ets.

You’re talking utter nonsense. By your own logic, if you think Obama voters are idiots you’re racist, and if you think Hilary voters are idiots you’re sexist.

1 Like

Duce:

It gets a little “hazy” when you don’t have a clear defining mark (like WWII for the “Boomers” or the Depression for “The Greatest Generation”)…

But millennials are roughly defined as those born between 1981 and 1998; meaning that as of this election year of 2016, they are the 18-35 year old Demographic.

Another way to look at them is those that became adults at the turn of the Century.

Let me clarify that the turn of the Century (2000) does give them a pretty clear defining point.

Some of those between Boomers and Millennials are a little more “hazy”.

I need to mention this again when it comes to those that support Trump.

It is just my personal opinion; but I think that there is a large “silent” group that don’t outwardly admit their support (for various reasons) but are anxious to punch that touch screen for him in November.

How large this group is is anyone’s guess…but my own personal experience has shown me that they are there.

2 Likes

@Mufasa I think there is at least an equal number of those people for Hillary. From what I see, Hillary supporters get much more backlash for proclaiming thir support. There’s always someone waiting to say she’s a liar/murderer/can’t be trusted and I think a lot of her supporters don’t want to bother with the conflict. Especially women, for fear of getting accused of only supporting her because of her gender.

Agree, Max.

I think that this points out the limitations (among many) of using classic metrics to predict this election.

I should point out that a lot of young women support Clinton unapologetically.

Part of the Strategy of bringing on Kellyanne Conway to Trumps team is “soften his edge” and make him appeal more to slightly older, suburban women. (A VERY key Demographic). That is her expertise.

It’s been said that Trump comes off as a crude, dirty old man to many in this demographic.

And how does Clinton come off?

Anywhere from Margaret Thatcher/Angela Merkel…to a ruthless Madame of a Brothel…

(It’s all about ones perspective, isn’t it?)

JB will rip me a new one probably even MENTIONING this (and I DON’T agree…)…

But comparisons have been made of Clinton to…Golda Meir…(ouch!)…whom Ben Gurion described as “The best man for the job” to be Prime Minister of Israel…

(I’m just the messenger, @Jewbacca…!)

(…I’m thinking the ruthless Madame of a New Orleans Cat House…is probably how many more view Clinton…!)

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the recent changes in the Trump camp? I’ve only had time for headlines lately but it seems in the last week Trump has apologized for hurting people, fired Manafort, hired Conway and did his LA tour. Seems like a bit of a change of direction in the campaign, kind of what people expected right after he won the primary.

sig:

With Trump, I think that it is hard to say; but there appears to be two “most likely” possibilities:

1. Polls were sinking; so what they were doing wasn’t working (keeping in mind that Trump doesn’t come off as a person who “looks in the mirror” for the real problem); OR

2. He is aligning himself more and more with people who will tell him what he WANTS to hear instead of what he NEEDS to hear.

The appointment of Stephen K. Bannon, chairman of the Breitbart News; seems to me to be Trump pissing on the “GOP Establishment” who want Trump to “pivot” and ease off the racially charged rhetoric. Bannon has NO love for the “GOP Establishment” as proven by his pivotal role in Eric Cantor’s ouster and in his recent attempt to get Ryan defeated.

1 Like

recent FAILED attempt. Ryan got over 80% of the vote.

I agree with Mufasa, Trump is getting his buddies around him who think like he does, love conspiracy theories, are alt-right, argue with policy-lite statements, misrepresent facts (if have facts at all), and lie. He is doubleing down on what got the right-wing fired up over the primaries, but turns off everybody else.

I often get criticized on this forum for being a recent immigrant who is against the current setup of immigration laws… the point is so was Alexander Hamilton

Hamilton did not immigrate to the US, he and some other guys created it.

I get the eras, I was asking if I was being called one.