Presidential Peace Prize Paradox?

The Nobel Peace Prize winner ushering in the largest single arms deal in history, then justifying it as ‘a job creator’. In other words, the Nobel Peace Prize winner creating jobs at the hands of the military industrial complex (amongst other ‘war stuff’).

Fascinating.

Thoughts?

Critics Slam Obama Administration for ‘Hiding’ Massive Saudi Arms Deal

The Obama administration has touted the deal as a boon for American jobs, and as a move to solidify the alliance between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia at a time when American intelligence is dependent on the Islamic nation for help in the war on terror. Earlier this month, it was a tip from Saudi intelligence that helped foil an al Qaeda plot to hide a bomb in a desktop printer aboard a UPS cargo plane.

He also put an exception on the shunning of countries using child soldiers if they are helpful in the “war of terror”.

Obama didn’t advocate himself to win the Nobel Peace Prize so how can you fault somebody who didn’t ask for it? If anything its the people who gave it to him are at fault.

Maybe one who wins the Nobel Peace Prize should realize that their actions should be consistent with peace. But then again, it’s not like he actually deserved the fucking medal in the first place. So no surprise here.

Hopefully that ends the silly idea that you can influence global politics with fancy medal gift, handed out as a credit of trust.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Obama didn’t advocate himself to win the Nobel Peace Prize so how can you fault somebody who didn’t ask for it? If anything its the people who gave it to him are at fault.

[/quote]

yeah - the award really put him in an awkward and difficult situation.

my question though is: does anyone really take this seriously? i mean these are the same people that gave the peace prize to yassar arrafat. what a joke.

on a side note: Nobel Prize Committee Adds ‘Most Ripped Abs’ Category

Don’t forget Henry Kissinger.

I`m drunk so take this with a grain of salt.

the nobel comitee is a bunch of crap. they think they can influence the world with theire little shinny medal.
I believe that Obama was given the peaceprice so he would visit the norwegian political elite. You see for politicians in small countrys like mine its big when they get a visit from the american president. I meen realy big. Its the hig point of any primeministers career. The reason I belive this is the reason is because the head of the comitee is Torbjorn Jagland, and he is a member of the same party as the primeminister. A conspiracy theory maybe, but this is how I feel about the matter.

He could have turned it down.

[quote]Big Banana wrote:
He could have turned it down.[/quote]

Would you?