T Nation

Presidential Election Winner 2.0

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Romney showing some seriously bad form at this point…it’s over, concede.[/quote]

He’s stalling for time to write his concession speech.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Romney showing some seriously bad form at this point…it’s over, concede.[/quote]

He’s stalling for time to write his concession speech. [/quote]

He did say that he’d only written a victory speech, you may be right.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
I mean how would you feel being the result of rape? [/quote]

Alive.[/quote]

As I said, you were given the gift of life. It is just a touchy subject. Abortion is a terrible thing. [/quote]

It’s not a difficult subject to be morally consistent on. You punish the rapist according to the damage of the crime he committed, which in these cases means the undesired burden of a rape induced pregnancy on the mother. You’re weighing the additional burden placed on the mother against the homicide of a prenatal human.

The nature of the rapists punishment should be severe enough to reflect the magnitude of the burden which could be applied in a similar category to imprisonment and torture. I also don’t think it would be inappropriate to use an indirect form of indentured servitude as punishment in this case.

Edit: actually thinking about this from a political standpoint, you could really bring down the hammer on this in your response. Essentially you take the hard-line view that neither the mother nor the child should be punished but, but the convicted rapist should be executed/indentured without the possibility of appeal if the rape resulted in conception.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Romney still winning popular vote. [/quote]I know LOL!! Let’s be honest. We love the electoral college when our guy wins and hate it when he loses.
[/quote]

California passed a law yesterday that gives all it’s 55 electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote. It was done so candidates would still have to campaign even in the big “already predicted to win” states. Somehow, if it were actually allowed to go into effect, I think our Governor Moonbeam would rethink it tonight.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Romney still winning popular vote. [/quote]I know LOL!! Let’s be honest. We love the electoral college when our guy wins and hate it when he loses.
[/quote]

California passed a law yesterday that gives all it’s 55 electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote. It was done so candidates would still have to campaign even in the big “already predicted to win” states. Somehow, if it were actually allowed to go into effect, I think our Governor Moonbeam would rethink it tonight.[/quote]Well, Obama just passed Romney in the popular vote too.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
[/quote]

California passed a law yesterday that gives all it’s 55 electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote. It was done so candidates would still have to campaign even in the big “already predicted to win” states. Somehow, if it were actually allowed to go into effect, I think our Governor Moonbeam would rethink it tonight.[/quote]

It is looking like even losing California wouldn’t cause Obama to lose. Plus, he is now up in the popular vote.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:<<< If you’re too stupid to grasp that, quit breathing my damn oxygen.[/quote]Whose oxygen should these stupider than you people quit breathing? Get a grip Aragorn. We are coming to a time when God’s people must REALLY be strong in HIM and HIS oxygen. Quit whining like a man with no hope. Can you do all things through Christ who strengthens you? Is He that is in you greater than he that is in the world? What weapon formed against you shall prosper? Get your bible out and read 2nd Corinthians all the way through. Put your hands in the air and sing praises to your King, who is still on His throne and is still good. All the time. I’m being quite sincere and PM’s don’t work or I’d be doing this there.
[/quote]

I do appreciate the thought to PM first. And I know you’re being sincere. I’m trying hard not to show bad form here because of that too. but…really, can’t a guy blow off some steam and stress after a harsh depressing election?

Sometimes even the most levelheaded get a bit bleeding pissed. Even if irrational.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:<<< If you’re too stupid to grasp that, quit breathing my damn oxygen.[/quote]Whose oxygen should these stupider than you people quit breathing? Get a grip Aragorn. We are coming to a time when God’s people must REALLY be strong in HIM and HIS oxygen. Quit whining like a man with no hope. Can you do all things through Christ who strengthens you? Is He that is in you greater than he that is in the world? What weapon formed against you shall prosper? Get your bible out and read 2nd Corinthians all the way through. Put your hands in the air and sing praises to your King, who is still on His throne and is still good. All the time. I’m being quite sincere and PM’s don’t work or I’d be doing this there.
[/quote]

I do appreciate the thought to PM first. And I know you’re being sincere. I’m trying hard not to show bad form here because of that too. but…really, can’t a guy blow off some steam and stress after a harsh depressing election?

Sometimes even the most levelheaded get a bit bleeding pissed.[/quote]If you like you can mail me at tiribulsu@gmail . (no pm’s) I wish you would. Forget before huh? I’m very glad to you received my post as I intended it.

[quote]Dr. Skeptic wrote:

And the winner is…

…a lame duck
…with no mandate
…with no clear program
…with a divided government
…with no one indebted to him
…and with no allegiances.

HIs party will not be able to legislate
The “fiscal cliff” will not be his to negotiate

This leaves us the most fearful consequence: government by executive order and unreviewed regulation.

I will wait for the final vote count. I like drama.[/quote]

Doc, as usual, great insight. After all the cheering by Democrats and weeping by Republicans, we are in a very strange place. I’ve never seen an incumbent with so little of a tangible plan to govern, and he will have divided government. There is no doubt he will continue to use executive action when Congress won’t pass bills he wants, and that should be a frightening thought, regardless of party.

But, not frightening enough for the American people, apparently.

This may be a tough one for you, TB…but I’ll throw it out there anyway.

Do second term President’s tend to “learn lessons” from their first term that serves them well in their second?

(There is the thought that Clinton did, especially when it came to governing and compromise. Reagan also?).

Bush is unclear.

I just don’t have a good feel for this at all.

Mufasa