Presidential Debate #3

It just seems silly to be outraged over a biased media (which I believe is true to some extent). Well no, I understand the outrage, but only as a distant second to the outrage at Trump supporters/defenders/enablers. Those folks put that kind of a candidate in knowing the nature of the media…I mean, how does one not understand the Trump was especially vulnerable?

Nope, this year outrage goes to the GoP, and especially its primary voters. You gave away the election by choosing the only person less likeable than Hillary Clinton.

And, as a “flush the system” hero…If you mean pretty much guarantee a Hillary victory and endanger the GoP down ballot, sure.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Trump swore off touching entitlements. Instead falsely claiming he could save them by simply cutting waste and fraud (which is false) along with his fantastic plans that would lead to yuuuuge economic growth (to grow us out of it all!).

1 Like

[quote=“Aragorn, post:59, topic:222653, full:true”]

Honestly, if we had a candidate worth a damn the whole news cycle these past 3onths would have been email email email, corruption corruption corruption. HRC is a headline maker…except if Donald Trump is opposite her. [/quote]

Yep. If you know the media is an issue, why serve them up such an easy target in Trump? I blame the voters this time.

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s not surprising. He wasn’t liked early, he said stupid stuff often, and he has a history of controversy. Nobody can claim surprise at how this has turned out.

I don’t blame the media for taking Trump’s own words as headlines. You can’t claim attack ads are false when they are quotes from the candidate. GOP deserves to lose with the clown they nominated.

1 Like

Following the 2012 Romney loss, people swore the GOP had to move more to the middle to win. They did the opposite, and won the Senate, extended their majority in the House, and won a couple surprising gubernatorial elections. As far as down ballot elections, you are talking about stuff 2 years from now. I think it’s a bit early to be predicting the death of the GOP at this point.

The more Trump stays on the issues the more he sounds like a standard issue Republican. His fans love him for when he goes off script.

I wonder if Hillary Clinton realizes how lucky she is that she’s not running against Jeb Bush.

The GoP is about to lose to what should’ve been a gimmie. The republicans are about to lose to what is a lazy, right down the middle, soft-ball. You are even seeing some red states starting to look scarily swing ‘statish’ as they move within the margin of error. And it may extend down-ballot.

Trump did lasting damage. Every single person who didn’t fully remove support from Trump harmed the GoP as an opposition party in the future. The GoP has a big fat Trump Face stamp on it.

2 Likes

Called it, called it, called it. Dammit I don’t want to be right this time.

2 Likes

Everybody knows it. Literally anybody else would demolish her.

Basically this:

Honestly, I thought this was common knowledge by now. Mainstream (The dominant trend in opinion) media is without a doubt bias toward the left. When you look at who makes up the MSM, these are the top news channels: ABC, NBC, MSNBC, FOX News, CNN. Unless I’m forgetting one, that’s 4-1 in favor of the left.

How many of these “news”( I use that term loosely) channels consistently reported about any of the recent wiki leaks? In fact, CNN claimed it was illegal for us to read them!! Within that question, lies your answer if there is a systemic bias in our news.

2 Likes

I would love to remain neutral, but we all know that Trump is bat shit crazy, Hillary is a criminal, and the media is biased. The fact that people continue to argue these points simply tell me how desperate everyone else is to believe “their” party is right. This country deserves what what will come.

2 Likes

I lot of trump supporters are laying low, but will show up on election day, people think if you support trump you are racist. At work they found out i was trump supporter because my labor union had clinton flyers in break rooms and i was ytearing up and throwing away. I am the ugly American now.

2 Likes

Oh no you’re wrong about that. He conceded, then retracted his concession when the recounts started. The Supreme court ruled and Gore and the Dems claimed Florida was rigged and they never, never stopped bitching about it.

I recall John Kerry bitching about Ohio when he lost in 2004 too.

1 Like

There were elections in Montenegro last Sunday - it was basically a referendum on EU/NATO membership pitting the pro-Western ruling party against the pro-Russian opposition.

What’s this got to do with the US elections you may ask?

Well, the pro-Russian opposition is pretty much a bunch of imbeciles who brag openly about working for the Russian government, even detailing how they receive detailed talking-points from Putin’s advisor Surkov during daily briefings in the Russian embassy.

A couple of days before the aforementioned elections, the pro-Russian opposition issued a statement that they will “not recognize the results of the elections, unless they win” (actual quote)

Hmmm…this last line sounds familiar, I guess I’ve must have heard it somewhere else…more recently?

Why is it that all Trump’s statements are perfectly aligned with Russian interests - a nihilistic rejection of democracy that enables Russian to proclaim a false moral equivalency between the Russia and the West?

“Whataboutism” at it’s finest - “look, they steal elections in the US, everyone is corrupt and democracy is a sham”

2 Likes

I agree, I also think there are Clinton supporters laying low. It’s not really an arguable point, so sure, that’s fine. But how do you get past the fact that the electoral map gives Trump such a slim chance he needs an act of god to change the state of the race:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

He literally needs to win EVERY state that is a toss up, which includes states like Flordia where he’s down by an avg of 3.8. RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Florida: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

And NC, where he is down an avg of 2.5

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nc/north_carolina_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson-5951.html

Arizona where he’s down an avg of 1.3 with the latest polls swinging to Hillary:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/az/arizona_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-6087.html

Don’t ignore states like Utah that have McMullin tied with him.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ut/utah_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein_vs_mcmullin-6154.html

I’ll look at it another way, the map here reflects the current polling. Even if Trump flipped every light blue state to red, he still wouldn’t have enough.

It just doesn’t add up.