T Nation

President Wants to Purge Professors

Iranian president wants to purge profs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

The crazy part is this guy sounds like many right wingnuts we have in this country.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Iranian president wants to purge profs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

The crazy part is this guy sounds like many right wingnuts we have in this country.[/quote]

Comon Marmadogg, everyone knows the Earth is only 5,000 years old!

Except what you have here is just idle chatter. You have people in this very forum wanting to do ban someone for talking about religion. I guess you can find it just about where ever you choose to look.

But this is the leader of Iran that is doing the purging - it has already happened.

He is also banning satellite TV.

Make all the comparisons you want to the right wingers - you know you are full of shit.

huh. mike wallace found this guy brilliant and…strangely attractive (he said it. not me!). wallace was rather taken with him. much like most on the far left (i.e. the mainstream media) are with lefty tyrants. castro. stalin (uncle joe, as truman called him), et al. purge the professors? but you DO hate bush, right? you do? oh. well…then that’s cool. that’s…probably the way to go then!

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
huh. mike wallace found this guy brilliant and…strangely attractive (he said it. not me!). wallace was rather taken with him. much like most on the far left (i.e. the mainstream media) are with lefty tyrants. castro. stalin (uncle joe, as truman called him), et al. purge the professors? but you DO hate bush, right? you do? oh. well…then that’s cool. that’s…probably the way to go then![/quote]

I like President Bush and would like to have dinner and a beer with him sometime but I do not know how you worked our Presidents name into this thread.

As far as I know President Bush has never had anything negative to say about left wingnut professors.

I do not see President Bush as a right wingnut. I see President Bush as a ‘true believer’ led astray by right wingnuts.

At the end of the day I would not put George W. Bush in charge of anything but I would put him on a board of directors so that I could trade off of his name.

The article refers to the President of Iran.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Except what you have here is just idle chatter. You have people in this very forum wanting to do ban someone for talking about religion. I guess you can find it just about where ever you choose to look.

But this is the leader of Iran that is doing the purging - it has already happened.

He is also banning satellite TV.

Make all the comparisons you want to the right wingers - you know you are full of shit. [/quote]

I’m full of shit?

When you stop getting high on your own supply let me know by ‘chemical’ dealing friend.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Iranian president wants to purge profs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

The crazy part is this guy sounds like many right wingnuts we have in this country.[/quote]

This has been going on for a few decades. We’ve had a steady influx of Iranian professors here in the Bay Area, mostly to Berkeley; lately the influx has been reduced, not because they have better luck in Iran, but because this administration has made it VERY difficult for highly qualified people to enter this country (legally). So they are turning to other countries that will welcome them with open arms.

I really wonder how is it possible that anyone in this country is able to rationalize the current policy of tolerating illegal cheap laborers – or, worse yet, to propose amnesty for them – while making it harder and harder for good, honest, intelligent, highly qualified people to get in legally.

Pretty sad.

[quote]hspder wrote:

This has been going on for a few decades. We’ve had a steady influx of Iranian professors here in the Bay Area, mostly to Berkeley; lately the influx has been reduced, not because they have better luck in Iran, but because this administration has made it VERY difficult for highly qualified people to enter this country (legally). So they are turning to other countries that will welcome them with open arms.

I really wonder how is it possible that anyone in this country is able to rationalize the current policy of tolerating illegal cheap laborers – or, worse yet, to propose amnesty for them – while making it harder and harder for good, honest, intelligent, highly qualified people to get in legally.

Pretty sad.
[/quote]

To digress:

Our immigration policy is dysfunctional and incentivizes precisely the wrong things. I’ll only note in passing that it was another product of the 60s… but that observation doesn’t help a whit w/r/t addressing the issue. Why on earth should we make it harder to get in to the country the more skills you have and the greater amount of wealth you can produce?

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
hspder wrote:

This has been going on for a few decades. We’ve had a steady influx of Iranian professors here in the Bay Area, mostly to Berkeley; lately the influx has been reduced, not because they have better luck in Iran, but because this administration has made it VERY difficult for highly qualified people to enter this country (legally). So they are turning to other countries that will welcome them with open arms.

I really wonder how is it possible that anyone in this country is able to rationalize the current policy of tolerating illegal cheap laborers – or, worse yet, to propose amnesty for them – while making it harder and harder for good, honest, intelligent, highly qualified people to get in legally.

Pretty sad.

To digress:

Our immigration policy is dysfunctional and incentivizes precisely the wrong things. I’ll only note in passing that it was another product of the 60s… but that observation doesn’t help a whit w/r/t addressing the issue. Why on earth should we make it harder to get in to the country the more skills you have and the greater amount of wealth you can produce?[/quote]

The arguement is protectionism but the truth is racism.

[quote]hspder wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
Iranian president wants to purge profs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

The crazy part is this guy sounds like many right wingnuts we have in this country.

This has been going on for a few decades. We’ve had a steady influx of Iranian professors here in the Bay Area, mostly to Berkeley; lately the influx has been reduced, not because they have better luck in Iran, but because this administration has made it VERY difficult for highly qualified people to enter this country (legally). So they are turning to other countries that will welcome them with open arms.

I really wonder how is it possible that anyone in this country is able to rationalize the current policy of tolerating illegal cheap laborers – or, worse yet, to propose amnesty for them – while making it harder and harder for good, honest, intelligent, highly qualified people to get in legally.

Pretty sad.
[/quote]

Are you done with your hijack and your sly hate-America rhetoric now? Leave it to a Lib to somehow turn what this Iranian jackoff-in-chief does, into some more anti-American bluster…

Your post had NOTHING to do with the OP, in case you haven’t figured that out yet.

hey, doophus. my rant was an imagined conversation between wallace and the president of iran. see. wallace thinks all that other stuff is okay as long has he hates bush. what were you saing about reading comprehension? i’d say thinking is not something you excel at, huh?

i was essentially agreeing with you, although my advanced verbal and literary skill is beyond your comprehension. although you reveal your low IQ by using the term ‘wingnut’. here’s some advice: start with ‘see spot run’. plot’s a little advanced for you, i think. but the words are easy.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
hspder wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
Iranian president wants to purge profs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

The crazy part is this guy sounds like many right wingnuts we have in this country.

This has been going on for a few decades. We’ve had a steady influx of Iranian professors here in the Bay Area, mostly to Berkeley; lately the influx has been reduced, not because they have better luck in Iran, but because this administration has made it VERY difficult for highly qualified people to enter this country (legally). So they are turning to other countries that will welcome them with open arms.

I really wonder how is it possible that anyone in this country is able to rationalize the current policy of tolerating illegal cheap laborers – or, worse yet, to propose amnesty for them – while making it harder and harder for good, honest, intelligent, highly qualified people to get in legally.

Pretty sad.

Are you done with your hijack and your sly hate-America rhetoric now? Leave it to a Lib to somehow turn what this Iranian jackoff-in-chief does, into some more anti-American bluster…

Your post had NOTHING to do with the OP, in case you haven’t figured that out yet.

[/quote]

Throwing out the ‘hate-American’ statement belittles the true meaning of the phrase.

Do you mean to tell me that David Horowitz does not make the same statements as the Iranian president?

This is a ‘world issue’ and you can ignore my threads if you don’t want to read them.

FYI - Your lame attempt at an insult is a hijack of this thread.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
hey, doophus. my rant was an imagined conversation between wallace and the president of iran. see. wallace thinks all that other stuff is okay as long has he hates bush.[/quote]

If you say so but your sloppy paragraph does not read like a converstation between anyone. It reads like just another angry rant from you.

I appreciate that you agree with me but your angry rant looks like you are assuming that I hate President Bush.

The conversation you claim to document is indeciferable.

David Horowitz is a right wingnut and Michael Moore is a left wingnut. Do you understand the word now?

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
hspder wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
Iranian president wants to purge profs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

The crazy part is this guy sounds like many right wingnuts we have in this country.

This has been going on for a few decades. We’ve had a steady influx of Iranian professors here in the Bay Area, mostly to Berkeley; lately the influx has been reduced, not because they have better luck in Iran, but because this administration has made it VERY difficult for highly qualified people to enter this country (legally). So they are turning to other countries that will welcome them with open arms.

I really wonder how is it possible that anyone in this country is able to rationalize the current policy of tolerating illegal cheap laborers – or, worse yet, to propose amnesty for them – while making it harder and harder for good, honest, intelligent, highly qualified people to get in legally.

Pretty sad.

Are you done with your hijack and your sly hate-America rhetoric now? Leave it to a Lib to somehow turn what this Iranian jackoff-in-chief does, into some more anti-American bluster…

Your post had NOTHING to do with the OP, in case you haven’t figured that out yet.

Throwing out the ‘hate-American’ statement belittles the true meaning of the phrase.

Do you mean to tell me that David Horowitz does not make the same statements as the Iranian president?

This is a ‘world issue’ and you can ignore my threads if you don’t want to read them.

FYI - Your lame attempt at an insult is a hijack of this thread.[/quote]

Ummm…what are you talking about? I read the link and Hspder went on a rant about refusing entry to educated foreigners. What does the link have to do with any of that?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
hspder wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
Iranian president wants to purge profs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

The crazy part is this guy sounds like many right wingnuts we have in this country.

This has been going on for a few decades. We’ve had a steady influx of Iranian professors here in the Bay Area, mostly to Berkeley; lately the influx has been reduced, not because they have better luck in Iran, but because this administration has made it VERY difficult for highly qualified people to enter this country (legally). So they are turning to other countries that will welcome them with open arms.

I really wonder how is it possible that anyone in this country is able to rationalize the current policy of tolerating illegal cheap laborers – or, worse yet, to propose amnesty for them – while making it harder and harder for good, honest, intelligent, highly qualified people to get in legally.

Pretty sad.

Are you done with your hijack and your sly hate-America rhetoric now? Leave it to a Lib to somehow turn what this Iranian jackoff-in-chief does, into some more anti-American bluster…

Your post had NOTHING to do with the OP, in case you haven’t figured that out yet.

Throwing out the ‘hate-American’ statement belittles the true meaning of the phrase.

Do you mean to tell me that David Horowitz does not make the same statements as the Iranian president?

This is a ‘world issue’ and you can ignore my threads if you don’t want to read them.

FYI - Your lame attempt at an insult is a hijack of this thread.

Ummm…what are you talking about? I read the link and Hspder went on a rant about refusing entry to educated foreigners. What does the link have to do with any of that?

[/quote]

My bad.

On another topic…you live in Ohio?