President of the US Picks

Usmc : I’m not in front of my computer but take a look at polls done on Muslims living in the West. They largely support sharia law and other anti-woman and anti-west beliefs.

There’s a guy named ezra Levant from rebel media that goes into great detail discussing it.

Demographics is destiny.

I think Trump hurts the GOPs chances of retaining the Senate, thoughts?

1 Like

It depends on how his Presidency goes. I see this whole situation as a polar opposite of Obama in 2008, he was highly approved by the public in the beginning and things went south ever since. It turns out people approved of him because he was the first black president, yet hadn’t done much of anything outside of his 2 years in the Senate.

One thing we haven’t yet seen, is how someone in the business world who is successful (this has been debated so let’s not bring this issue up) would handle a Presidency. Successful people in business know how to weed out the bullshitters, and delegate authority and responsibility to people under him who know their shit. With how his campaign has gone it would be hard to argue against him having done a great job thus far. This is where Obama failed, he never ran shit, so why would he succeed ? Trump’s main appeal is that he has the ability to get the right people into the right positions to clean shit up.

Make no mistake, I am less than thrilled that we are in this position. But you have to give credit whose first attempt at politics knocked out 16 competitors (14 of which were seasoned politicians), and won in big margins with huge turnouts.

1 Like

Credit for what, though? He didn’t win through dazzling statesmanship, reasoned argumentation, etc. He won by acting like a 5 year old bully at the playground. “Lying Ted.” “Little Marco.”

And by repeating; Going to be yuuuge. It’s going to be fantastic. It’s going to be beautiful.

It’s an embarrassment, not something to credit.

It worked though and He’s setting records using his approach

Okay… :confused:

Herbert Hoover comes to mind immediately. His protectionist economic policies (which are eerily similar to those being advocated by Trump) led to a global economic depression.

1 Like

It’s a strategic and moral victory over ISIL. As the the polical scientist Marc Lynch points out, “Promoting a clash of civilizations and destroying the reality of productive coexistence between Muslims and non-Muslims was always at the heart of al-Qaeda’s strategy. The Islamic State has avowed the same goal of eliminating the “gray zones” of toleration. With American political discourse these days, the prospects for escaping the iron logic of this strategy have never looked more dismal.” Trump and his ignorant ilk (including yourself) play right into the hands of al-Qaeda and ISIL propagandists.

1 Like

Every school student for the past 60 years has been taught that Hoover was a free market capitalist and his hands off approach led to the great depression. This was just not the case and it’s weird agreeing with you, but history and facts are stubborn things.

1 Like

This is the only thing that has me even remotely considering voting for Trump. Knowing Hilary will appoint a lib judge vs taking a chance the Trump may not.

Yeah, that is the only possible thing that could make me vote Trump…the small random chance his ego could tell him to nominate a couple conservative justices when the time comes. But ultimately that is just not enough to vote for him. And it is a random chance, not a calculated probability

Question : do you consider it equally wrong that Israel has been doing virtually what Trump has suggested for the US?

TO ME…the two situations (Israel and the U.S.) are not even close to being similar.

Israel is LITERALLY fighting for it’s sovereignty, the safety of it’s citizen’s and it’s very existence each and every hour of each and every day. They simply cannot let Jerusalem and Tel Aviv turn into Mosul and Baghdad.

Netanyahu said it best not too long ago: (In the understatement of the Century):

“We live in a tough neighborhood…”

So…is it “equally” wrong?

No.

Setting aside your massive deflection of my post . . .

Has Israel designated Muslims persona non grata? Has it stifled religious freedom and shut down mosques? Does the IDF commit war crimes by intentionally targeting women and children? Do Israeli intelligence organs utilize torture “so much stronger than waterboarding”?

You don’t have a rudimentary understanding of the forth wave of terrorism or state responses to it. It’s far more nuanced than the from the hip Manicheanism you’re espousing.

[quote]

Setting aside your massive deflection of my post . . . [/quote]

I can see why you think that, but I asked it up front because it’s going to greatly affect my response to you.

[quote]
Has Israel designated Muslims persona non grata? Has it stifled religious freedom and shut down mosques? Does the IDF commit war crimes by intentionally targeting women and children? Do Israeli intelligence organs utilize torture “so much stronger than waterboarding”?[/quote]

Why should I answer your questions when you haven’t answered mine?

[quote]
TO ME…the two situations (Israel and the U.S.) are not even close to being similar.

Israel is LITERALLY fighting for it’s sovereignty, the safety of it’s citizen’s and it’s very existence each and every hour of each and every day. They simply cannot let Jerusalem and Tel Aviv turn into Mosul and Baghdad.[/quote]

Well for me, I believe in universal standards. If it’s okay for jewish nations to do then it’s okay for Christians and Muslims nations to do it.

If it’s okay for Saudi Arabia to bar non-muslims from entering their country then it’s okay it for the US to ban muslims.

I do not want the US to develop muslim style ghettos like we see in Europe such as Molenbeek

[quote]
Netanyahu said it best not too long ago: (In the understatement of the Century):

“We live in a tough neighborhood…”[/quote]

But what makes their neighbourhood tough?

I disagree

The answer to all of the questions I posed above are a resounding no. You don’t understand terrorism and you don’t understand Israel national security policy. There’s a tendency for some to perceive Israel as ruthless in conducting counter-terrorism campaigns (while the United States is comparably fighting with one hand behind its back because of feckless politicians and political correctness). The reality is that Israel goes to extraordinary lengths to avoid civilian casualties and to espouse a sense of religiously inclusive national identity.

Are you an isolationist @therajraj?

Let’s look at some of things Israel does do:

They have something called “prevention of Infiltration law” where the purpose of the laws is to prevent entry from Palestinian refugees or their sympathizers due to to fear of TERRORISM.

So the jews are right to prevent the US from allowing these people from entering their country but Americans want to bar these same people thing are ignorant.

In the late 2000s hordes of African (mostly muslim) migrants were entering Israel so you know what Israel did? he put them in detention camps.

when asked about the draconian treatment of these muslim migrants the Israeli PM commented by saying:

“If we don’t stop their entry, the problem that currently stands at 60,000 could grow to 600,000, and that threatens our existence as a Jewish and democratic state,” Binyamin Netanyahu said at Sunday’s cabinet meeting. “This phenomenon is very grave and threatens the social fabric of society, our national security and our national identity.”

So Israel is scared of allowing more muslims into their country because they fear it will lead to increased terrorism and threaten their jewishness. Hmmm… the Jewish PM is worried about allowing people from an incompatible culture with a history of violence between the two cultures into their country. Western european culture and Islamic culture have a history of violence too so perhaps it might be an extremely bad idea to let more muslims into the US?

Did I mention Israel makes people wanting to move to Israel take DNA tests to prove their Jewishness? Remember evil when US does anything to protect their borders, but always okay for Israel.

Oh and did you know Israel has a ban against mixed faith marriages? a Jew and a non Jew (Hint that means Muslim) cannot get married. How’s that for treatment of muslims?

“Israel’s religious authorities — the only entities authorized to perform weddings in Israel — are prohibited from marrying couples unless both partners share the same religion, therefore interfaith couples can be married only if one of the partners converts to the religion of the other. However, civil, interfaith and same-sex marriages entered into abroad are recognised by the state.”

But setting aside Israel, let’s look at some research on Muslims:

a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing “25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad” and 51% of those polled, “agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah.” Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won’t convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2015/06/23/nationwide-poll-of-us-muslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

You know what’s anti-western values? Sharia Law. People often forget that Islam isn’t just a religion it’s a governing structure. So essentially you’re inviting a population where 25% of them want to institute a governing structure that subjugates the majority of the population (hint: Islam = subjugation). There are roughly 50 Islamic countries in the world, how many have western style democracies and freedoms?

If you agree that bringing in more Jihadists into the US is bad (I really hope you do) then it follows that you shouldn’t import people from countries with a history of Islamic supremacism. I mean the US government can’t even keep drugs out of prisons, how on earth can they possibly prevent Jihadists from entering the US?

Here’s the thing about being at war. When you’re at war it is extremely important to not let people from those countries enter your country, especially military age men. ISIS has already stated they’re going to use the refugee crisis to infiltrate the West.

Nope but I don’t believe in open borders