President of the US Picks

Anyone but the snake man. Pathological liar and sociopath.

Hillary and Cruz
Cruz
Cruz

If Cruz doesn’t secure the nomination via a contested convention, though, and they crowbar some lukewarm establishment candidate in like Ryan, then #2 changes to Hillary because of widespread disillusionment with the Republican party and droves of voters staying home, either in outright protest or out of ennui at the hopelessness of anything ever changing in Washington.

Any of his stances on social issues. He is not accepting to views that do not perfectly align with his evangelical stance. Being a religious idealist who goes to extremes and is unwilling to change views because you think you are on a moral high ground (think kneedragger on abortion issues) is scary to people who disagree. He would not compromise even if 99% of others saw things differently.

It is possible (and quite normal in everyday life) to get along, work with, and make progress without 100% agreeing with someone. The issue is when a person (Cruz in this example) will not work with anyone who doesn’t think exactly like he does.

Push, in regards all your posts about other politicians… yes to run for president you have to be a political opportunist. The issue with Cruz is that he would ONLY do something if it benefited him.

Others you mentioned have been governors/senators who fought for issues in their state for many years. They served time in the military and climbed the ranks. Cruz, just like Obama, thinks he doesn’t need to do that. You can’t honestly compare Kasich’s and Cruz’s experience and call them the same. However, in this election, experience is not what people are voting for.

I answered… As a side note, you refused to answer multiple direct question in the presidential thread when it wasn’t to your liking… but I’ll answer again. His social issue stances. Here is a wikipedia insight if you want it. Political positions of Ted Cruz - Wikipedia

Abortion and same-sex marriage are ones where I disagree with Cruz, as do a majority of Americans. Most GOP candidates held similar positions, but Cruz approaches the positions with an idealistic religious stance

A minority of the country views abortion as murder. Cruz’s stance is uncompromising which i know gives right-wing true conservatives a tingle up their leg, but all situations do not have to be approached from the extreme or purist position.

The abortion discussion happened in the planned parenthood thread so no need to rehash that here.

Are you trying to say that everyone who ever becomes a senator/governor its only because they are advancing their career?

Some people are trying to benefit the country, and believe they can do that as a senator/governor. They aren’t only using it as a stepping stone. Others climb through the military, serving their country, as I mentioned.

Maybe you have met people in the business world who will do whatever it takes to climb the ladder as quick as possible, even if that means making enemies along the way. The other option is to be more gradual by building relationships and accomplishing things that help your state/country/cause before moving on.

Right now there seems to only be evidence Cruz is willing to make enemies in the Senate to get to where he wants to go. Are you aware that he was the most hated man in the Senate among his GOP colleagues?

No, not all of these individuals were opportunists. “Opportunist” has a very specific meaning, “a person who exploits circumstances to gain immediate advantage rather than being guided by principles.”

Cruz is a careerist climber and his campaign has engaged in dirty tactics (according to other Repubicans). Cruz does what benefits Cruz.

Seriously? Bullshit. You have not done your homework. You really have not. You are just regurgitating what your goto media resources tell you. You are better than this. I know you are. But are you willing to really listen?

Extremist crazy-man Ted!