President of Poland dead

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
This reeks of conspiracy.[/quote]

that was what i said when i first read the headline, i said ‘there is no such thing as an accidental tradgedy in Russia’. I truely do hope its an accident, but russia would be on my list of countries that i would deem capable of doing something like this if they so chose.
[/quote]

The presidents plane was totally redone recently so it was absolutely flight worthy. They are blaming pilot error…he landed when air traffic control said it was a bad idea and they should go to a different air field due to fog and lack of lights… upon decent the plane hit the tree tops… so it fits together well. They have both black boxes and Russia is being as helpful as they can be and even being very sympathetic so I doubt conspiracy is a reasonable explanation.

The interesting thing is how many important people were on the plane at the same time. I know it is due to lack of funding but the U.S is much more paranoid about the president being shot down etc so only a limited number of important people travel on the same plane and the successors of the president in case of assassination or incident are rarely ever together in one place. Hopefully Poland will adopt this protection…it just shows that disaster can occur and potentially totally screw up the government. luckily for poland many of the people were figure heads of sorts and the day to day operation of the government is not affected.

[quote]Petermus wrote:

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
This reeks of conspiracy.[/quote]

that was what i said when i first read the headline, i said ‘there is no such thing as an accidental tradgedy in Russia’. I truely do hope its an accident, but russia would be on my list of countries that i would deem capable of doing something like this if they so chose.
[/quote]

The presidents plane was totally redone recently so it was absolutely flight worthy. They are blaming pilot error…he landed when air traffic control said it was a bad idea and they should go to a different air field due to fog and lack of lights… upon decent the plane hit the tree tops… so it fits together well. They have both black boxes and Russia is being as helpful as they can be and even being very sympathetic so I doubt conspiracy is a reasonable explanation.

The interesting thing is how many important people were on the plane at the same time. I know it is due to lack of funding but the U.S is much more paranoid about the president being shot down etc so only a limited number of important people travel on the same plane and the successors of the president in case of assassination or incident are rarely ever together in one place. Hopefully Poland will adopt this protection…it just shows that disaster can occur and potentially totally screw up the government. luckily for poland many of the people were figure heads of sorts and the day to day operation of the government is not affected.[/quote]

Yeah, I was a bit surprised at that. Many U.S. corporations wont have that many high ranking officers fly on the same plane for that reason.

[quote]cakewalk wrote:
And to Sen Say -re: your unfortunate post above, please show some respect for the dead and to the people of Poland.[/quote]

Totally. Were you fucking drunk when posting that, Sen?

Can we not start the conspiracy bullshit? I can understand some of you not being satisfied with your lives and having to invent some fantasy to cope, but these people just died.

I swear to God, it’s just as bad as the 9/11 “truthers”. People died, show some god damn respect.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
R.I.P. to everyone on that flight.[/quote]

this

and my condolences to the families of the deceased, who must be going through hell right now.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]cakewalk wrote:
And to Sen Say -re: your unfortunate post above, please show some respect for the dead and to the people of Poland.[/quote]

Totally. Were you fucking drunk when posting that, Sen?
[/quote]

Yes. Sorry. My sincere apologies. I regret my post.

I did not realize the magnitude of this. After I posted I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning felt like a total asshole. I would have deleted it, but I thought the thread would disappear. Either way, I’m sorry for my post.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]ZuluSierraPapa wrote:
Not trying to be a jerk, but why is everyone in Poland so heart broken about it? The reaction seems more appropriate for losing a close personal friend rather than a leader of a nation. Is there something I’m missing?

Regardless, you have my prayers. I’m just curious why it’s being treated like it is.[/quote]

Tons of American’s cried when President Kennedy died. [/quote]

Wasn’t around for that. Still just a little fella. But I guess I just don’t respond to these things like others shrug

My dad told me that the Prime Minister actually told the pilot to land, despite the weather conditions. He also told me that this was the 3rd or so time the Prime Minister has done this.