T Nation

Prescrpition T-Replacement, Need Anything Else?

Ok, my T was really, really low, so I got my doctor to prescribe some t-replacement gel (Fortesta)…I’ve not had blood work since starting it, so don’t know for sure how effective it is/will be.

In your opinion, should I even concern myself with the OTC testosterone boosting stuff, or should I just wait and see if I get into normal range and take it from there?

Thanks
Sean

I would recommend ample amounts of sun light and 50-100mg of zinc per day, every day. If you work indoors like most of us pale desk jockeys than I also recommend supplementing with vitamin D. Don’t wait, do it now!

Vitamin D article:

Web MD on Zinc:
www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-982-ZINC.aspx?activeIngredientId=982&activeIngredientName=ZINC

ok kewl…got those covered already :slight_smile:
Thank you !

Sean

I have not gone the prescription route yet, but I do find Biotest’s Alpha Male to work well.

[quote]duke6j wrote:
I have not gone the prescription route yet, but I do find Biotest’s Alpha Male to work well.[/quote]

If OP is getting T from an external source, his own LH production will likely shut itself down. I’m not sure that a supplement that mainly tries to raise natural LH production will be worth the investment.

“But this may depend on how much sunlight you get and your ethnicity. Some estimate that dark-skinned individuals, brown and black guys if you will, may need double the amount of D that a pasty white guy needs.”

lol