Prescription TRT and Traveling

I need some advice. I am travelling overseas for the first time since I was young. I am going with my girlfriend (who doesn’t know yet that I am on TRT) and friends to DR. I inject twice a week (1/2ml of 200mg test cyp 2X a week). I also take .25 mg of adex and 250IU of HCG 2X a week. I will be gone from a Saturday to a Saturday. I thought about taking my whole 200mg in one injection before I left, but I don’t think it would be optimal. I don’t see any reason why I would have any problems getting my prescribed test into DR, but I have no experience with this.

I assume that if I pack a syringe and a small vial of test in a packed bag that I shouldn’t have any problems. However, I have never done this, so I don’t know what the variables of travelling with syringes and prescription Test might be.

I greatly appreciate any advice I can get! I want to make this an awesome trip. I am travelling with my girlfriend and about 6 of her female friends. She doesn’t know I am on TRT right now, but I plan on telling her on the next day or so. We are in a relationship, and we are starting to have access (exchanging alarm codes and keys) to each other’s places. My Test is in my medicine cabinet, so I’ve made no attempt to hide it. She’s a fitness instructor…lucky me. And, she make’s comments about how great my body all the time. I’m 43…I don’t think it will be a surprise that I am on TRT…LOL. I am probably 7-10% BF

Flying into the DR they have never opened my bags nor have I seen them open any other tourists. You buy your visitor visa for $10, get a stamp and on your way. Coming back into the US it is no problem either. It is a us FDA approved med, prescribed by a US physician and dispensed by a US pharmacy. No different than if you were bringing any other prescribed medicines on your trip with you.

This probably goes without saying but unless you want to deal with the hassle of refrigeration I’d just take the Test and skip the HCG for a week. You wont loose your boys in one week. If you do want to take the HCG, there are insulin coolers you can buy on amazon and the like that are great for travel. I have one that fits two vials of insulin and comes with a spare ice pack that I use for travel. It is pretty compact and keeps my HCG cold for 12 hours. The problem is that it is only a solution for trips between refrigerators.

If I were you I’d just skip the midweek dose or take a slightly larger dose before you leave. Doing that kind of thing never made any difference that I could tell.

Thanks, Duece! It’s good to know from someone who has actually travelled with their script trt into DR. I wouldn’t have thought it would be a problem, but several responses on another board had me thinking twice. It wasn’t from anyone who had travelled, though, especially to DR. It was just guessing on their part. It’s legal coming in and out, so I wouldn’t have seen what the issue is.

1 Like

[quote]duece wrote:
Flying into the DR they have never opened my bags nor have I seen them open any other tourists. You buy your visitor visa for $10, get a stamp and on your way. Coming back into the US it is no problem either. It is a us FDA approved med, prescribed by a US physician and dispensed by a US pharmacy. No different than if you were bringing any other prescribed medicines on your trip with you.[/quote]

Thanks, Duece! I couldn’t tell if my reply posted

You need to have your drugs in containers with Rx info on them. For T, the box with the label, showing your name. The date needs to be recent, not old. Biggest issue is when you return. You can take an empty vial in Rx box, with some preloaded syringes. When you return, you have discarded empty vial and syringes.

hCG does not travel well, take more before you go and coast.

Take adex in Rx container or enough to finish before you return.

T is federal schedule III can can create some unwanted attention if not presented properly. hCG is not federal schedule III, but is in several States. Anastrozole is not schedule III. In any case, with recent Rx labeling you will not have any problems. hCG needs to be kept cool and not shaken, taking a full vial that is all at risk of degradation is not wise. You can take hCG in loaded syringes in a diabetic travel kit. Keeping hCG in a hotel room refrigerator is not stealth. Alternatively, one can use Nolvadex 10-12mg EOD while on the road, if pituitary is responsive.

if traveling with injectables that need to be kept cool, present kit with its gel-pack to TSA screeners and tell them its drugs that need to be kept cool. Never had them want to see. With injectables, you have the right to open the kit for them to inspect and not have them touching your injectables kit or contents. Box with Rx will not fit in kit, or pill bottle, so you can keep them outside of the kit to present if needed. They should be in a plastic back with the diabetic kit. You will not be keeping a secret from your travel companions.

[quote]KSman wrote:

if traveling with injectables that need to be kept cool, present kit with its gel-pack to TSA screeners and tell them its drugs that need to be kept cool. Never had them want to see. [/quote]

I have traveled a lot with injectables and I never volunteer that I have them; I just let them ask if they want and they almost never do. Was asked only once in about a hundred flights to open it, because the cold-pack I used to keep it cool showed up on the X-ray.

Always keep drugs in the scripted packaging though. Never travel with unlabeled preloaded syringes.

I am a Dominican Citizen and live there for six months out of the year.
You will NOT have a problem in the DR because you can buy Testosterone over the counter at any pharmacy (Nebido, Sustenon 250, etc.).
It is NOT a controlled substance there. I travel back and forth between Miami and the DR every month with my U.S. meds (Cypionate) and never had trouble. Most of Latin America is the same way as far as Testosterone being available over the counter. Mexico and Colombia are two other countries that I’ve travelled to with no problems and where test is obtainable with no prescription.