T Nation

Prescription Test. and Steroids

What is the difference in the testosterone that my doc just prescribed and steroids.

Mine is injected once a month.
I think it is testosterone cyg

And…what can I expect from this RX.

Thanks

[quote]wishin wrote:
What is the difference in the testosterone that my doc just prescribed and steroids.

Thanks

[/quote]

More info…
testosterone cyp 200 mg/ml Qty: 10ML

refill two times…but my pharmacist says that it is cheaper to get the one that is for 5 months.

info?

[quote]wishin wrote:

Thanks

[/quote]

Testosterone Cypionate is indeed an androgenic / anabolic steroid. So, there is no difference. Other then you never have to worry about proper dosing or sterility. =) 200mgs per month isn’t going to do much in the way of performance enhancement or muscle gain, unless it’s being prescribed to you because you have low Testosterone levels. In that case, it should help you a good deal.

What brand is it? UpJohn? That is some sweet stuff.

One cc of cyp injected only once per month will do you more harm than good.
There are guys on this site on TRT that adminster it E3D and at the very least once per week.
SeeYa

[quote]Fullcontact wrote:
wishin wrote:

Thanks

Testosterone Cypionate is indeed an androgenic / anabolic steroid. So, there is no difference. Other then you never have to worry about proper dosing or sterility. =) 200mgs per month isn’t going to do much in the way of performance enhancement or muscle gain, unless it’s being prescribed to you because you have low Testosterone levels. In that case, it should help you a good deal.

[/quote]

I do have low test.
I will pick up the RX tomorrow…so I don’t know the brand.

I have had low libido and just no motivation for much of anything…tired.

I am hoping that this will also kick start my efforts at wieght loss…and muscle gains.

So…how long before I feel or see results?

[quote]Fullcontact wrote:
wishin wrote:

Thanks

[/quote]

It is Watson.

I hoping for moderately decent results.
I am low in testosterone…hence the RX.

The Dr. is saying to be injected with 2ML once a month.

[quote]wishin wrote:

It is Watson.

[/quote]

You need to do self injections, at least .5ml per week. Once a month is totally insane and will make you feel worse in th e end.

I inject .14ml EOD, every other day.

The testosterone will increase your E2 levels and that can make you later feel as bad as before starting TRT. Do you have your blood work numbers. ALWAYS get complete copies of your blood work and keep these in YOUR file.

TRT will shrink your testicles, which hurts for some. You can inject 250iu HCG SQ EOD to keep your testes working. The testes will also support your T levels and the HCG improves mood for most guys.

Go to the over 35 lifter and read about TRT there, especially the “self injections are great” thread.

Your doctor is an idiot so far. You need to learn on your own and become proactive.

[quote]KSman wrote:
wishin wrote:

It is Watson.

You need to do self injections, at least .5ml per week. Once a month is totally insane and will make you feel worse in th e end.

The testosterone will increase your E2 levels and that can make you later feel as bad as before starting TRT. Do you have your blood work numbers. ALWAYS get complete copies of your blood work and keep these in YOUR file.

TRT will shrink your testicles, which hurts for some. You can inject 250iu HCG SQ EOD to keep your testes working. The testes will also support your T levels and the HCG improves mood for most guys.

Go to the over 35 lifter and read about TRT there, especially the “self injections are great” thread.

Your doctor is an idiot so far. You need to learn on your own and become proactive. [/quote]

I was afraid of that.
I will go find out about TRT and what is that HCG SQ…does it need to be prescribed?

[quote]KSman wrote:
wishin wrote:

It is Watson.

Your doctor is an idiot so far. You need to learn on your own and become proactive. [/quote]

Oh yeah…and E2 levels…is that estrogen?

How the heck do I find a doctor that knows what they are doing in this area of medicine.

And in the area that I live?

yep, E2 = estrogen. I beleieve the range is between 16-28ng/ml and most men should strive to be at 21ng/ml(nanograms per milliliter). I may be wrong on this though. You can find a lot more info on TRT, or HRT on “The over 35 lifter”. Great knowledge there…

some good info for you here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1635717

[quote]wishin wrote:

I was afraid of that.
I will go find out about TRT and what is that HCG SQ…does it need to be prescribed?
[/quote]

SC or SQ means injected under the skin into the fat layer, typically the same as with insulin and using fine insulin needles. IM means injected into muscle.

HCG is a peptide based hormone, as opposed to the cholesterol based steroids. It is water soluble and must be refrigerated after adding water to it. It is a major hormone of pregnancy that is very similar to the LH that stimulates your testes to produce T. So it is used as a replacement for LH.

When on gear or TRT, your T levels are above the amount that your body wants to make, and the pituitary stops releasing LH. The testes stop working, typically shrink and a few feel pain. The scrotum also pulls up tight instead of hanging.

Most doctors start with 1ML every 14 days.

Currently I am on 1ML every 10 days.

Most guys divide the dose up to at least once a week.

You need to get your doctor straightened out.

[quote]KSman wrote:
wishin wrote:

It is Watson.

Okay…I am trying to get it together in my mind so that I will know what to discuss with my Dr. next week.

I need to inject .5 of test. cyp. every week…maybe .25 twice a week.
AND some HCG to counter the negatives of the T.
The negatives being this…testosterone production shutting down because of test. already in my system.
Correct?

AND how much HCG and when, or how often should it be injected.
Is it costly?

I injected 2 ML of the cypionate about three weeks ago…about twelve days later I felt a real boost in my energy level and felt like my workouts were more productive…however, no spontaneous wood.

BTW, my T level was below low acceptable.
My doc stated that even if it was in low acceptable, it still is not really enough. So I am assuming he knows a little something.
Maybe he is being cautious because of the publicity of steroid abuse?

Man, when I was twenty I never thought I would never have this problem!!!

Many thanks for any help.
I hope I don’t insult my doc…lol.

[quote]wishin wrote:
KSman wrote:
wishin wrote:

It is Watson.

Your doctor is an idiot so far. You need to learn on your own and become proactive.

Okay…I am trying to get it together in my mind so that I will know what to discuss with my Dr. next week.

The negatives being this…testosterone production shutting down because of test. already in my system.
Correct?

Is it costly?

I injected 2 ML of the cypionate about three weeks ago…about twelve days later I felt a real boost in my energy level and felt like my workouts were more productive…however, no spontaneous wood.

My doc stated that even if it was in low acceptable, it still is not really enough. So I am assuming he knows a little something.

[/quote]

I get 10,000iu HCG (APP brand) at Sam’s Club with a business membership for $16.25. Expect to pay $30-$50 elsewhere.

Reasons, mood, self image and QOL, keeping physical state of testes and scrotum - also of concern to women, fertility.

What about a script for arimidex/anastrozole? What are your serum E2 levels?

[quote]KSman wrote:
wishin wrote:
KSman wrote:
wishin wrote:

It is Watson.

Correct?

Is it costly?

I get 10,000iu HCG (APP brand) at Sam’s Club with a business membership for $16.25. Expect to pay $30-$50 elsewhere.

Reasons, mood, self image and QOL, keeping physical state of testes and scrotum - also of concern to women, fertility.

What about a script for arimidex/anastrozole? What are your serum E2 levels?[/quote]

Serum E2?
Is that Estrogen?
He said my estrogen was normal.

I have no scripts for arimidex/anastrozole.

Does that work with the HCG…BTW…what is HCG?
If I bust up in the doctors office and say HCG is he gonna know what I am talking about?

AND when do you take the HCG?
I think I read somewhere that it is best to take it before you inject the test.

Right?

Again,
many thanks

That is an average dose of test. I think most Dr.s will prescribe about 100mg test per week. The other stuff about needing Hcg and arimidex is wrong. You shouldn’t need any of them. You don’t need to worry about your natural testosterone production shutting down.

It’s going to…But it soesn’t matter because: You’re not making much anyway, and you are injecting what you need each week. So, your body will have enough without your nuts producing it. This is the whole point of TRT!

If your testosterone was low, You’re going to feel better. Take one shot a week(100mg from the info you gave) and tell us what happens. I think you’ll get way more erections, have a better sex drive, feel more confident, and be happier. If you’re looking to use trt to “get big”, you will probably need a higher dose.

[quote]confusion wrote:
That is an average dose of test. I think most Dr.s will prescribe about 100mg test per week. The other stuff about needing Hcg and arimidex is wrong. You shouldn’t need any of them. You don’t need to worry about your natural testosterone production shutting down.

It’s going to…But it soesn’t matter because: You’re not making much anyway, and you are injecting what you need each week. So, your body will have enough without your nuts producing it. This is the whole point of TRT!

If your testosterone was low, You’re going to feel better. Take one shot a week(100mg from the info you gave) and tell us what happens. I think you’ll get way more erections, have a better sex drive, feel more confident, and be happier. If you’re looking to use trt to “get big”, you will probably need a higher dose.
[/quote]

That almost makes sence of what the doc is doing…total of 400 mg but once a month…instead of spreadout.

I will see what he says about the info produced here.