Prescription Cypionate Regulation in Canada

5’7
33" waist
185 lbs

Before TRT was starting to show feminine weight distribution and is now changing.
Sought TRT because of: reduced libido, pain during urination/ejaculation, depression, fatigue, low quality of life, cognitive depression.
No Rx
Diet is low in processed foods but is somewhat typical of a N.American diet. Limit protein powders to 40g/day.
Moderate cardio (10-20min), moderate-low weight training total-body each workout.
Testes never ache
Morning wood disappeared and I hadn’t really noticed. Now on TRTs it’s 50%
No ED or difficulty in reaching climax.

Total T 12.0 (8.4-28.8)
Free T 286 (170-630)
Bioavailable 6.7 (4.7-15.0)
SHBG 36.2 (10.0-70.0)
TSH 2.3 (0.27-4.2)
Prolactin 2.2 (<15)

Semen analysis:
Volume 1.5 mL (>1.5mL)
Sperm count 9 (>15)
Motility 51% (>40%)
Normal Forms 3 (>4)
Abnormal Forms 97 (<96)

It was a real battle getting put on T replacement with my GP and my aging Urologist. Once I got in to see an Endo at Vancouver General Hospital it was a no-brainer for him to put me on treatment.

My Rx is 25mg 2X Wk of Test Cyp.

Here in Canada Test Cyp is only available in 100mg/mL and the drug has a 400mg/month maximum.

I see the doses on here are typically 2-3 times what I’ve been prescribed yet I feel good, have increased my muscle mass, reduced my body fat, and have a raging libido again (at 7 weeks in). Testes have shrunk and are soft which I don’t like. I intend to ask for hCG and an AI at my next visit.

My question is: is anyone here on such a low dose? Does anyone here live in Canada and receive a large dose like 150-200mg/wk and have it dispensed legit at a pharmacy? Does anyone know the rules as far as how much a Dr. can prescribe per month and still have it filled?

Currently a 10mL vial of 100mg/mL is only available to me every 70 days. So the MAX dose I can administer is 84mg/WK without getting it off the street.

No need to explain any Endocrinology or Biology, I’m studying medicine and have a good understanding.

I live in Vancouver and was told by my endo that the national standard is a maximum of 200mg every two weeks. I am currently on delatestryl Test E at 200mg/1 ml. I am using about 60 mg/week in two divided dosages. I am on a low dosage because of a E2 sides namely gyno. I have extensively researched the possibility of being prescribed an AI but it was a dead end for me. If you find a doctor who will prescribe it off label I would be very appreciative if you could advise me of his name. Good luck.

Well, the low dose seems to work for me but for how long? I’m hoping the access to hCG and an AI would put me in power to compensate for any issues that crop up. I really want to see where I’m at TT and E2 wise but need to wait until I’m closer to my follow-up appointment before I get my labs done. The TT feels higher than before I started but I’m concerned the E2 is also higher.

The high cost of anastrazole and hCG are a big deterrent and the endo I saw wasn’t a fan of the sides of clomiphene citrate but he does seem open to work with me. I’ll let you know if I can make headway and the costs if I get that far. The endo’s name is Dr. Marshall Dahl. Very friendly guy and didn’t waste my time because he knew I’d done my research.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
The high cost of anastrazole and hCG are a big deterrent and the endo The endo’s name is Dr. Marshall Dahl. Very friendly guy and didn’t waste my time because he knew I’d done my research. [/quote]

Post more labs so people can better help you…

Here we incourage people to find the root of the problem… If you did your homework sir and understood endocrinology you would understand that just jumping on testosterone is a mistake.

I believe you have a subclinical thyroid issues and who knows what else is going on which could be leading to slightly lower T scores.

So many factors come into play here and you are looking at things all wrong… More is not better… Blood work don’t mean shit… If you feel better on T be happy cause for a lot of people this isn’t the case!!.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky and maybe not give advice until you understand your own mistakes…

You have underlying issues man an trt was the wrong choice for you… You really need to be open minded… Big pharma has no problem taking your money…

If I come off as rude it’s not the case but from what I see here you do not know enough to be giving advice to people on trt…

T tunnel vision is a problem we often have seen here and we try to discourage this kind of thinking.

I wasn’t looking for advice on my treatment actually. I wanted to know what the laws and regulations on dosing legally in Canada are. I just posted labs because the site sticky asked for one. I know I’m subclinical hypothyroid and my Endo doesn’t want to touch it.

endos are idiots in almost all cases and drugs are not the solution to all problems…

and i live in canada and at one time i was at 150 per week and could have had 200 if i wanted. more T can mean more E2… you don’t want this… like i said if you feel great be happy… i only know 2 docs in canada who will give hcg and an AI

If you feel good don’t stress about it. Also, as long as you feel good it is better to rather be on a lower T dose than a higher one where you need anastrozole. For many people, aromatase inhibitors are bad news - few people actually do well on them as far as I can tell.

So it turns out the regulation on how frequently I refilled my prescription was based only on my prescription. At 25mg twice/week i could refill a 100mg/mL, 10mL vial every 70 days. My endo accidentally wrote 50mg twice/week on my new script instead of 50mg/week divided in two doses. So, I can refill every 35 days now. If I wanted to it would be enough to go way over.

Since you are doing really well at 50 mg per week that sounds like a good dose for you, and I wouldn’t worry about it. T is very often overdosed. A healthy young male produces only about 4-7 mg T per day and most of them function fine and build good muscle on that. When you do the math, that is significantly less than the usual 100 mg /week dose many doctors in the US will start you on.

You say “how long,” well, as far as I can tell, people don’t need increasing doses as they age, so a good dose now should still be good in 5 years. As for those who “crash” after a few weeks on TRT, they are often those who take doses that are too large for them, which aromatize into too much estrogens, causing crash symptoms. At higher T doses estrogen control is a nightmare for many guys. If you can avoid all that by staying at a lower dose that sounds pretty effective for you I think that would be the best.

I feel better on 60mg/week as I did on 100mg/week.

Well I broke down and bought a thyroid supplement. I’m not convinced I need thyroid hormones just yet but I’m going to give supplementing a try. Has anyone here had positive results from a supplement?

My latest thyroid numbers are as follows:
TSH 3.9 (0.27-4.2)
T4 free 12.1 (10.5-20)
T3 free 5.6 (3.5-6.5)

Over the next month I am going to see if my temperature rises due to the supplement. I’ve tested low 36.2-36.4 for as long as I can remember. Not surprisingly I’ve also felt fatigued and had a layer of belly fat that never went away regardless of diet/training.

[quote]Hook24 wrote:
I feel better on 60mg/week as I did on 100mg/week. [/quote]

I started off with androgel for 3 months where my testosterone spiked and felt real good, libido was up, and a great feeling overall. But now im on 100mg/week test e and everything seems to be going down hill. I dont get it.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

[quote]malekinception wrote:

[quote]Hook24 wrote:
I feel better on 60mg/week as I did on 100mg/week. [/quote]

I started off with androgel for 3 months where my testosterone spiked and felt real good, libido was up, and a great feeling overall. But now im on 100mg/week test e and everything seems to be going down hill. I dont get it.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?
[/quote]

You might just need to go back to Androgel if thats what works for you.

Are those your labs before or after T ??
If they are after T replacement … What were your previous labs…

I am no expert on this subject but was on TRT for a little over a year…
So I do have some personal experience…

IMO - with the really low amount you are taking you may be still near your natural level… Your likely shut down so the only Test you are getting is by pinning… Adding clomid will up this number IMO… but I personally get sides with almost any dose…
I wish you good luck getting a script for HCG by your DOC… IMO its not gonna happen…
I myself am going for blood work soon and have been on 25MG of clomid EOD since December…If my numbers are good
I’ll try and taper… and then see where my levels are…

When I came of Test E injections my TT number 4 months after was 15.1 but I felt weaker than normal…

BTW - I am from eastern Canada and will keep in touch :slight_smile:

[quote]Macmathews wrote:
Are those your labs before or after T ??
If they are after T replacement … What were your previous labs…

I am no expert on this subject but was on TRT for a little over a year…
So I do have some personal experience…

IMO - with the really low amount you are taking you may be still near your natural level… Your likely shut down so the only Test you are getting is by pinning… Adding clomid will up this number IMO… but I personally get sides with almost any dose…
I wish you good luck getting a script for HCG by your DOC… IMO its not gonna happen…
I myself am going for blood work soon and have been on 25MG of clomid EOD since December…If my numbers are good
I’ll try and taper… and then see where my levels are…

When I came of Test E injections my TT number 4 months after was 15.1 but I felt weaker than normal…

BTW - I am from eastern Canada and will keep in touch :)[/quote]

Those are my pre-TRT lab values. I think that I had both sources of testosterone adding to my levels until these last couple of months. I feel weak and am losing weight. Whatever I did have for production is done and my LH FSH values came back as 0’s.

I’ve heard clomiphene has a lot of side effects and luckily my Endo was one of the people telling me that when I went to him with the intention of starting with it. He said no we’ll try testosterone first. So here I am just came back from the shittiest workout ever and pretty bummed.

Do U know maybe a endo willing to give HCG in Alberta? or somewhere in western part of Canada?