Prescribed TRT for Postmenopausal Women

I am 53 yr old woman with all the signs of thyroid issues but all my test came back neg. so after several months of consistent neg results my doc prescribed me First-Testosterone MC a 2% testosterone in moisturizing cream base. I am to apply a pea size amount to my clitoris daily. I start tonight !!
I have been trying to find other woman who are trying TRT to see what their results have been. I have not had any luck in finding much.
So any woman my age trying TRT PLEASE let me know how you are doing, from what little i have found seems results are great.

This is not unusual at all with progressive doctors. T will absorb while also waking up the local nerves.

T as applied will boost serum levels. Look for feeling more assured and confident. Your sexual performance and libido should improve. But you do need estrogens to maintain vaginal structures and lubrication and sex can be painful without. Estrogens are important for mood and libido too. You should also have some progesterone cream which opposes the negative effects of estrogens and you really do need to avoid estrogen dominance that threatens uterus, breast tissue and cardiovascular health. Do not take progestins aka fake progesterone. Estrogens should be bio-identical human hormones.

Postmenopausal: Please explain what if any surgeries were involved.

This statement worries me: “all the signs of thyroid issues but all my test came back neg”

Thyroid lab ranges are useless and mislead doctors and patients.
TSH should be near 1.0
T3, T4, fT3, fT4 should be near mid range or a bit higher.
fT3 is the active hormone and should be tested directly.

Often thyroid problems are a direct result of not using iodized salt and iodine deficiency. Women need more iodine than men and women are more prone to thyroid problems and disease. Low thyroid function decreases energy, mood, libido, insulin sensitivity and leads/contributes to fat gain.

See the last paragraph to evaluate your overall thyroid function.

Post you oral body temps then ping me here: KSman is Here

There is some material here that a man in your life probably needs to consider.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

1 Like