Prescribed Test Cyp

I’ve been lifting for 3 years, while I enjoy it, I always felt like I gained so little over such a long period of time because of low test. So finally now that I have health insur. I went and got tested, and it was Very low (which would explain the reason i’ve been struggling with the same weights for about 1.5 years). My stats as of right now are:

24 years old
5’10 165lb
about 10% bf

bench about 185 x 5rep
squat about 225 x 10rep
deadlift… about 225 x 10rep

these numbers havent budged in over a year.

On to the question… I am prescribed “1/2cc twice a week, TEST CYP 200MG/ML” Which I think turns out to be 2x 100mg a week. Should I be taking an anti-Estrogen pill? I Really don’t want tits. Or is this too small a dose to get much side-effects?

What time of the day should I inject, morning/afternoon/evening?

Any suggestions for anything? This is my first ever ‘cycle’ and as much as I’m excited, im equally worried. Thanks

You could take 5x more without an anti-e IMO. I get problems at about 10x that dose.

If you start to develop gyno tell your doctor and they should prescribe you something but @100mg I think you’ll be ok.

What were your low testosterone levels? I’m curious

I break up my HRT 1/2ml every 3-1/2 days. (T-Cyp) I had E issues until I started on an AI to get it under control. 1 mg/a-dex a week is plenty for most people. My feeling is why wait to see if you will get gyno, or the nasty side effects of elevated E levels. Have your doctor check your E2 or Q-Estradiol (same thing) to see if you are prone to E conversion issues ands get a prescription to fix it. If your doctor is cool, you might ask about HCG to keep your nads from shrinking too.

HCG is a must for some people. Some develop pain in the testes and the HCG will clear that up. And why have shrunk testes at 24, I wouldn’t. I would say try to get the script for the a-dex if you can. But I would hold off on taking it to see how you body reacts to the test. Gonna be about 3-5 weeks before you notice a difference.

As for you 200mg a week, that is great. I think that 100mg 2x a week is good. The goal of HRT and cycling for that matter is to maintain level blood levels, so to answer your “when some I take it”, the same time every week would be my guess.

You may ever consider changing it up to 3x a week and level your dosage across the three.

[quote]KNB wrote:
I break up my HRT 1/2ml every 3-1/2 days. (T-Cyp) I had E issues until I started on an AI to get it under control. 1 mg/a-dex a week is plenty for most people. My feeling is why wait to see if you will get gyno, or the nasty side effects of elevated E levels. Have your doctor check your E2 or Q-Estradiol (same thing) to see if you are prone to E conversion issues ands get a prescription to fix it. If your doctor is cool, you might ask about HCG to keep your nads from shrinking too.[/quote]

Yes, it is true for many people that more frequent injections = milder/less estrogen related side effects.

Thanks for the info ya’ll. So as of now, for my next appointment I’m going to ask the doc for some a-dex/AI (full name?) and HCG.

Is HCG just for comfort purposes or is it another form of test?

[quote]freejury wrote:
Thanks for the info ya’ll. So as of now, for my next appointment I’m going to ask the doc for some a-dex/AI (full name?) and HCG.

Is HCG just for comfort purposes or is it another form of test? [/quote]

Arimidex. It’s for women “only”. If you have a forward thinking doctor, you may get it though…

[quote]freejury wrote:

Is HCG just for comfort purposes or is it another form of test? [/quote]

Just to be crystal clear, you DON’T need a-dex and you only need HCG if you plan on conceiving children. A-dex can lower your estrogen levels too much, at the dose you are taking your levels probably won’t be out of control. Men who use a-dex are typically running 500-3000 mg/wk of test. I never ever use it, I figure if I need it then I am using too much test or not injecting often enough.

Just inject the same amount of test per week, but shoot it EOD if you experience any sides, which you probably won’t at that dose.

Diana,
I disagree with “DON’T need a-dex” as a blanket statement. My E levels started at 34 ( before HRT) and eventually rose to 105, and oh, btw, I was wimpering at t.v. commercials suffering from elevated E problems. My point is everybody is different. “Don’t” may be the wrong phrase…
As far as HCG, whether you’re going to have kids or not, if your nads hurt, ask the doctor for some help.

I am not starting a confrontation here, please don’t misunderstand my tone. I benefited from a-dex at a reasonably low T dose, ands someone else may too, okay?

Maybe you’re right, my experience is not with long term HRT test use. I’ve never needed adex and it seems to be overused IMO. It could be different for HRT, especially the painful nuts stuff.

I’ve been injecting 200mg/week Test Cyp for a couple months now. My experiences so far have been:

-increased weight from 165 to 175
-slightly decreased sex drive
-no strength increase
-slight personality change, a bit more alpha male’ish

I don’t like doing the injections, but I do feel I’m creating more test then I was naturally, although only slightly.

MY QUESTION IS: While I’m on for another month or two (because I’m not gonna do this forever with such minimal benefit) I’m curious if it would be ok to add deca or something else to this cycle. I’m very open to suggestions and would much appretiate some guidance with this lackluster HRT ‘cycle’.

Thanks

Decreased sex drive, no strength gain, and you “feel” different? Sounds like Estrogen issues to me. I don’t know if the weight gain was all muscle, but if not, E is becoming your enemy. You didn’t mention an AI usage, so that’s why I guess E issues. Pretty classic symptoms actually…

100mg/wk causes estrogen poisoning for guys on a life long cycle called TRT. 100mg/wk will shut you down and lead to small testes and a scrotum that does not hang anymore. The estrogen will kill libido and mess up your mind. hCG and anastrozole are needed.

200mg per week seems excessive for TRT, all the more so at 165 pounds.

Testosterone alone is not a complete solution and is often fails to provide the expected results.

Interesting theories. I certainly could manage my sleeping better, which might be the reason for E like symptoms.

But, is there anything I could stack with the 200mg/week of Test Cyp for another month or two? I like what I read about Deca, but maybe T-bol would be better?

TRT is not something that is done for a month or two cause you only feel somewhat better.

Its also not the time to start adding other compounds to see what effect they have.

Figure your TRT out first and foremost and then months to years down the road worry about possibly adding other things.

I’m now done with HRT. It wasn’t worth the effort/money/visiting the doctor all the damn time for the meager (if any) gains. The doc has me on 2,000units of hCG 3x a week. I have a supply of 10 shots (about a months worth at that dose). I want to be done with this, so…

Would it be ok to inject the full months worth of hCG and be done with all this and go back to normal? Or do I need to stay on (very expensive 90$/month) hCG for longer in order to get myself back to normal?

ball size is unimportant to me, but getting normal test back asap is kinda important.

Thanks

[quote]freejury wrote:
I’m now done with HRT. It wasn’t worth the effort/money/visiting the doctor all the damn time for the meager (if any) gains. The doc has me on 2,000units of hCG 3x a week. I have a supply of 10 shots (about a months worth at that dose). I want to be done with this, so…

Would it be ok to inject the full months worth of hCG and be done with all this and go back to normal? Or do I need to stay on (very expensive 90$/month) hCG for longer in order to get myself back to normal?

ball size is unimportant to me, but getting normal test back asap is kinda important.

Thanks[/quote]

Your doc’s a moron, and i’m wondering now about… Oh, nevermind.
HRT/TRT is not for “meager gains” it IS FOR LIFE if your body has denied your hormone levels. Worth the money/effort/etc? A 10 week bottle of T-Cyp is 53.00 at Sam’s Club/Costco. It appears you should have been patient and asked your doctor to let you do your own shots to save money. HCG doesn’t work for everybody.

If you don’t the minimal chemistry available, it’s like adding gunpowder to water, no “bang”. Normal w/o hormones may never happen, and then there’s osteoporosis, and Alzhiemer’s, and hard arteries, and a weak heart, just to name a few.

Did you actually expect to “get swole” on HRT? If so, you are were sadly mistaken and the unfortunate long term side effects of low T can cause early death. Yes, death. Please re-think your position and get back to us…

exagerate much?

No, I didnt expect to get swole. I’ve been lifting for a while and I was curious about how a lil test felt… and i wanted to gain a bit. But I sure as hell wasnt gonna try some dirt made at underground pharmacies that the 21 year olds sell at my gym.

Now I’m over the trial stage and I’m ready to dump the over-the-top efforts needed for it and I’m looking to get back to normal. I don’t believe my normal is low, I purposefully tried to test low on the bloodtest by overtraining for two weeks in advance and getting almost no sleep the night before, which put me borderline low.

So in your effort to sum me up into some dipshit based on a whole 2 paragraphs was way off, and you also added nothing to the question posed:

Would it be sufficient to inject the full months worth of hCG in order to get me back to normal? Or do I need to stay on (very expensive 90$/month) hCG for longer in order to get myself back to normal?

The protocol your doctor outlined does not look good at all. This is the point that was trying to be brought across to you.

You say you tested low in your first post and now your not that low? Which is it?

TRT is not something that is magically figured out for each person in a month or two and nailed down what works for them.

Im unsure of the reasoning of using that much hcg for that long.