Prepping for a Photo Shoot

I’ve practiced on contest prep a few times just to see where I would end up…just for fun always with good results. Now I wonder when on your last week and doing the whole sodium load/ carb deplete, sodium deplete/carb load thing (yes with all the right vitamins, diruetics, etc…)Could you and would you throw creatine in there, if so when and how?

Reasons for asking 1# when I carb deplete my workouts go to shit(for obvious reasons) so the creatine would help with energy levels and #2 when dehydrating wouldn’t the creatine suck more water out of the body and into the muscle cell giving a more full look?(or take away from the hardness?)(or worse causing cramps)? Does anyone have any exp. on this?

Approx stats. 30 yrs old, lifting 12 years, 5’11", 10% or less(I have a six pack) 195. Never wanted to get hyoooge just maintain athletic performance. Reason for post is up coming photo shoot(1 mo.).

Bump… Help anyone??? Do I need pixs or sump’n? A little more info I’m about to go on a quick cycle of Epistane(IBE) and Furazadrol(Axis) plus utilizing(Biotest) Alpha-GPC and Drive, ECA, SuperPump 250 until the last week,2/day Multi, Liver support,2 tbsp/day ODO’s Choice Oil, taraxatone(last 3 days, vit. K, and PCT.

I am also carb cycling usually 3 high days(2,500 kcal) and 1 low day(1,750) 2 gal water/day. Five days weights and four days 45-60 cardio @ 160 bpm. I posted this orginally on the nutrition board with no help, lots of views but no help. Common bros some body has to know sump’n…

[quote]James23 wrote:
I’ve practiced on contest prep a few times just to see where I would end up…just for fun always with good results. Now I wonder when on your last week and doing the whole sodium load/ carb deplete, sodium deplete/carb load thing (yes with all the right vitamins, diruetics, etc…)Could you and would you throw creatine in there, if so when and how?

Reasons for asking 1# when I carb deplete my workouts go to shit(for obvious reasons) so the creatine would help with energy levels and #2 when dehydrating wouldn’t the creatine suck more water out of the body and into the muscle cell giving a more full look?(or take away from the hardness?)(or worse causing cramps)? Does anyone have any exp. on this?

Approx stats. 30 yrs old, lifting 12 years, 5’11", 10% or less(I have a six pack) 195. Never wanted to get hyoooge just maintain athletic performance. Reason for post is up coming photo shoot(1 mo.).

Bump… Help anyone??? Do I need pixs or sump’n? A little more info I’m about to go on a quick cycle of Epistane(IBE) and Furazadrol(Axis) plus utilizing(Biotest) Alpha-GPC and Drive, ECA, SuperPump 250 until the last week,2/day Multi, Liver support,2 tbsp/day ODO’s Choice Oil, taraxatone(last 3 days, vit. K, and PCT.

I am also carb cycling usually 3 high days(2,500 kcal) and 1 low day(1,750) 2 gal water/day. Five days weights and four days 45-60 cardio @ 160 bpm. I posted this orginally on the nutrition board with no help, lots of views but no help. Common bros some body has to know sump’n…

[/quote]

I know that 2,500 kcal = 2,500,000 cal which seems a little on the high side…

No actually kcal is the right term. People just shorten it to ‘cal’ for whatever reason. When someone says theyre eating 5000 calories they are talking kcals

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
No actually kcal is the right term. People just shorten it to ‘cal’ for whatever reason. When someone says theyre eating 5000 calories they are talking kcals[/quote]

Yup.
-1000 calories=1 Calorie=“1kcal”

For instance, I ate 3,000 Calories yesterday, or 3,000,000 calories, or 3,000 “kcals”.

Okay guys thx. for the nutrition debate, however I still got the issue at hand. Yes yes I know 1g pro.= 4 cals, 1g carb.= 4 cals, 1g fat= 9 cals, 1g alcohol= 7 cals, and for every gram of H2O you consume you hold 3 grams of water blah blah blah. I’ve been doing this for years but I just haven’t tried creatine loading while I’m carb loading at the tail end of a cutting cycle. Also 2,500 kcal/day is actually low for me.

I usually cut on 2,800 w/o the low day only going keto for a few days toward the end.(trust me its for everyones best that is around me) I usually only reserve high/low days for clients with extreme goals in a short period of time.

Why don’t you just try it out and see for yourself. That’ll be the most valuable information you can accquire. I’ve also read that one can not drop subcutaneous water without also dropping intracellular water. Something about a proper ratio needed for cell function. The body keeps a 70:30 ratio of intracellular to extracellular water. It is tightly controlled.

Bodyfat levels are the ultimate factor in looking ripped. With that said I don’t think creatine is strong enough to combat shitty workouts from contest diets. Bodybuilders don’t even lift weights the few (4-7) days before a competition, the time while they are manipulating carbs and water. Using havoc should help a little, certainly more than creatine, but you cant expect to have productive workouts when calories are that low no matter what chemicals you add.

Thx Bonez,I respond REALLY well to creatine which is why I was considering adding it. Might as well sac up and try it myself. I was just hoping for someone that has been the guinea pig already for me. Thanks for the insight on the intra vs. extracellular ratio I’m going to do some more looking into that specifically.

What I plan on doing is cutting the creatine and flush my system for 5 days 2-3 gal of water/day while I go completely keto(grrrrrrrrr), Entire 8 days 45 min-60 min cardio(or as long as I can stand before passing out). Three days out add back in the carbs(low glycem/complex) and start cutting the water 1 gal/day. So day3- 2 gal, day2-1 gal, day before no water afternoon.

The only difference from normal would be the 5g of creatine over the last 3 days. Of the 8 days I’ll do 4 weight training all circuits and posing practice. Day of some IHOP pancakes with lots of syrup and water go for the pump and take some pics. I’ll let cha know…

Bump…anyone else how does my experiment sound? Ques/comments