Preparing to be a Survivor Contestant

So I have always been a big survivor fan, and finally decided to submit an audition video. Would anyone have any ideas on how to eat and train in order to make my time there easier. I have been lifting for a long time and am used to eating healthy, but this would be a totally different animal. Not sure this is in the right area or not but any input would be appreciated

I think some of the prepping/survival content in #combat might be a good choice.

You’re going to have to eat what you can, and it might be better for you to learn how to prepare food out there. I personally would just eat plants and stuff. Maybe learning what you can forage by region would be good, and acquiring a taste for those things. If you don’t know how to feather/separate a chicken, that might be helpful too.

The challenges seem really obstacle-style, so that kinda training could help. But I don;t think lifting would prepare you for the conditions you’d have to live in.

Isn’t that show about being snarky and turning people against each other?

For training maybe work in a women’s clothing store?

6 Likes

Yeah I know once I get out there it will be eat what I can. Catching fish, gathering fruit and plants, and whatever rice would be available. I guess what I’m asking is should I be intermittent fasting to be used to not eating a lot? Should I focus on putting size on so that I have mass to lose while I’m on the show? Condition, swimming, climbing, and gpp are the most needed physical attributes I would think.

That shows still going? Good lord.

1 Like

I’d work on intermittent fasting. It would be useful to be somewhat acclimated to going 24 hours plus with no food and still be able to function mentally and physically. I would also kick my caffeine addiction as well.

1 Like

I’d toughen up my feet by not wearing shoes whenever possible and going outside. I’d also learn to swim better and do a lot of rock climbing, rope climbing, etc.

I’d also learn some basic survival skills like how to build a fish trap, start a fire, etc.

3 Likes