T Nation

Preparing for PH Cycle Months Ahead

Hey, guys! I've been lurking T Nation for over a year now it's about damn time I join! I'm preparing for a PH Cycle and when I take it depends on how well I'm doing diet and training-wise. Anyways here are some quick facts about me:

Birthday: 4/16/1993
Height: 6'1
Weight: 182
Body fat: 11-13% depending how I squeeze the calipers.
Frame: thin
Bodytype: Ectomorph, used to live a sedentary lifestyle and was very skinnyfat a few years ago.
Arms: 13.5- 14.5 on a good day (I never measure when I have a pump)
Bench 1RM : 225
Squat 1RM: 315
Deadlift 1RM: 365, might be a little higher, haven't maxed in a while.

I've known how to lift since I was a 15 year old on my school's wrestling team. I just didn't do it much. Around late 16 years old, I completely stopped, because I was always taking adderall and my body was constantly in starvation mode. When I stopped taking adderall, I was the same height, around 150 lbs (driver's license hahaha), and had that skinnyfat body. My max bench was around 120, max squat around 135. 2011 rolled around and I was around 170 lbs, and casually working out. I was partying A LOT though and eating junk. This is how I looked in December 2011:

Started Lifting 3-4 times a week in April 2012

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu from September 2012 though April 2013 slowed down gains a lot and I didn't adjust calories to compensate. I was still learning how many calories I really need to grow.

June 2013: Started lifting 6 times a week and eating 6-9 meals a day. Doing everything in my power to train and eat while working and going to school. I have not had less than 6 workouts a week since then besides one week when I was sick and I took a double day off. All I think about is lifting. I read articles and do research on bodybuilding, nutrition, and even anatomy on a daily basis. This is my life now.

September 2013:

Sunday- Chest
Monday- HIIT, Back
Tuesday- Legs, Abs
Wednesday- Shoulders
Thursday- Biceps, Triceps, Forearms, Abs
Friday- Full-body. Pretty much all the essential compounds. Sometimes I just do legs If I feel the need to. (Drink gin or tequila every other week. I've gone up to 3 weeks without drinking though and am more than happy to stop while on a PH)
Saturday- Off, possibly HIIT

Sample Diet:

1. 2 cups uncooked w.g. oatmeal, 2 scoop Dymatize Whey, fish oil
  2. W.G. Toast and 4 eggs, fish oil, zinc
  3. 2, angus roast beef sandwiches, 3 oz each, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp mayo, letuce & tomato
    5: preworkout- zinc, 2 cups brown rice w/ a little low-sodium soy sauce and 2 scoops White Flood.
  4. Postworkout- 2 scoops dark matter, 1 tsp ON Creatine, 1 tbsp gatorade powder, 1 scoop dymatize whey.
  5. 10-12 oz chicken breast smothered in olive oil, sometimes 3 tbsp of w.g. flour, 2 cups brocolli, tobasco sauce
  6. Can of tuna or 5 oz chicken breast
  7. 2 scoops Dymatize Caseine and 1.5 oz of walnuts, fish oil

Wake Up... hungry as FUCK.

Not making the size gains I want to make. When I train I train for around 90 minutes and I start of with strength training. Usually 3x5 or 5,3,1. Then I go for hypertrophy training in the 8-12 rep range, much more slow and focused. I also do what I call "pump sets" of lighter weight 20-30 reps to keep my pump going. I was wondering if any of you have any diet/training suggestions that I should improve upon before I consider taking a PH. I have a bottle of Nolva waiting for when that time comes, but until then, I know I have work to do. Thanks in advance!

look at ur avatar OP, and all will be explained.

Take my advice, and wait to cycle anything. I am 20 years old as well. And did a cycle of HDrol back in April, and my hormones have not been the same since. Wait another year or two. Get creatine or whatever to try an break that plateu. But wait to cycle. And if you’re going to cycle don’t do PH, do test injections if you’re really serious about doing a cycle. I will never touch another pro hormone again.