Prepare for the Next Attack

ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s Taliban chief promised attacks on major U.S. cities in a video apparently dated early April and released following the weekend’s car bomb attempt in New York City, a monitoring group said Monday. It followed reports of another video in which the group apparently tried to take credit for that attempted strike.

U.S. authorities have played down the potential connection between the Pakistani militant network and the car bomb attempt in New York’s Times Square, saying the group does not have the global infrastructure to carry out such a strike. However, the Pakistani Taliban are allied with al-Qaida and other groups, which could expand their reach.

The latest video is about nine minutes long and features Hakimullah Mehsud, the Pakistani Taliban chief, according to IntelCenter, a U.S.-based group that monitors militant media.

Mehsud does not specifically mention New York, but says he is speaking on April 4 of this year, and promises that, “God willing, very soon in some days or a month’s time, the Muslim (community) will see the fruits of most successful attacks of our fedayeen in USA.”

“Fedayeen” usually refers to suicide bombers, which the car bomb attempt in New York did not involve.

Mehsud also refutes earlier Pakistani and American claims that he died in a U.S. missile strike in January, a belief Pakistani intelligence officials recently revised.

The video follows a second, shorter clip in which the group appears to claim responsibility for the attempted car bomb, according to the SITE Intelligence Group, another monitoring organization.

In the 1 minute, 11 second video allegedly released by the Pakistani Taliban, the militant group says the attack is revenge for the death of its leader, Baitullah Mehsud, and the recent slaying of al-Qaida in Iraq leaders Abu Omar al-Baghdadi and Abu Ayyub al-Masri, who were killed by U.S. and Iraqi troops last month north of Baghdad.

SITE, a U.S.-based terrorist tracking organization, first uncovered the video on YouTube. The tape, which later appeared to have been removed from the website, makes no specific reference to the attack in New York, nor does it mention that the location or that it was a car bomb.

New York City’s police commissioner said there’s no evidence of a Taliban link to the failed car bomb.

In a copy of the tape provided by SITE, an unidentified voice speaking in Urdu, the primary language in Pakistan, says the group takes “full responsibility for the RECENT ATTACK IN THE USA.” The speaker says it comes in response to American “interference and terrorism in Muslim Countries, especially in Pakistan for (the) Lalmasjid operation,” a reference to the Pakistani army’s 2007 storming of the Red Mosque in Islamabad where militants were holed up inside.

The claim could not be immediately verified. But if it turns out to be genuine, it would be the first time the Pakistani Taliban has struck outside of South Asia. It has no known global infrastructure like al-Qaida. In at least one past instance, the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for an attack it played no role in.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs declined to comment on the claim.

“I’m not going to get into assumptions about who might be involved or what their motives might be,” Gibbs said on Air Force One as President Barack Obama flew to New Orleans.

At the start of the video, a text in gold letters on black background celebrates the “jaw-breaking blow to Satan’s USA.” As the speaker delivers the message, images of the slain militants mentioned flash across the screen. English subtitles are provided at the bottom.

The speaker says the attack also avenges U.S. drone strikes in Pakistani tribal areas that target Taliban leaders hiding there and the “abduction, torture and humiliation” of Aafia Siddiqui.

Siddiqui is a 37-year-old Pakistani scientist who was convicted in a U.S. court in New York in February of trying to kill American service personnel after her arrest in Afghanistan in 2008. Her case has triggered anger among Pakistani extremist groups and in sections of the media.

As the message concludes, the voice calls on NATO countries – who have troops stationed in Afghanistan – to oppose “evil U.S. policies” and “sincerely apologize for the massacres in Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan and Pakistani tribal areas.”

The Pakistani Taliban is one of Pakistan’s largest and deadliest militant groups. It has strong links to al-Qaida and is based in the northwest close to the Afghan border. The group has carried out scores of bloody attacks inside Pakistan in recent years, mostly against Pakistani targets, but it has made no secret of its hatred toward the United States.

Last year, its then commander, Baitullah Mehsud, vowed to “amaze everyone in the world” with an attack on Washington or even the White House. But Mehsud also reportedly said his men were behind a mass shooting at the American Civic Association in Binghamton in April 2009. That claim turned out to be false.

The claim comes a day after police in New York found a potentially powerful car bomb that apparently began to detonate but did not explode in a smoking sport utility vehicle in Times Square.

The vehicle contained three propane tanks, fireworks, two filled 5-gallon gasoline containers, and two clocks with batteries, electrical wire and other components, officials said.

I really wonder why they build such shitty bombs.

If I really wanted to, I would probably be a much better terrorist than them.

Oh well…

Local police say there’s no evidence that Al Qaeda is connected to the Times Square bomb attempt. The Pakistani group claiming credit has lied about their involvement in a similar incident before.

Also, they have a suspect on video tape walking away from the car and pulling off his top-clothes… a white guy in his mid-40s. I’d say the odds are 50-50 that it’s a Glenn Beck fan.

[quote]K2000 wrote:
Local police say there’s no evidence that Al Qaeda is connected to the Times Square bomb attempt. The Pakistani group claiming credit has lied about their involvement in a similar incident before.

Also, they have a suspect on video tape walking away from the car and pulling off his top-clothes… a white guy in his mid-40s. I’d say the odds are 50-50 that it’s a Glenn Beck fan.[/quote]

Because white people can’t be muslim extremists, must be a Glenn Beck fan.

Non-sequiters and straw arguments make politics fun!

Just because someone tried to explode a bomb doesn’t mean Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl!

See, I can do it too!

My main point of this thread is that Pakistan is getting pissed, but you would have to follow what I have been posting, that is why things go way over your head.

If you want any part of PWI you must pay attention to posts not just in one thread but many to understand what we are talking about.

PWI is most likely not for you.

You where the first to throw out the unproven jab so don’t get all defensive on me.

[quote]orion wrote:

Oh well…

[/quote]

You would have thought if he would have made sure the fertilizer was the correct grade if he was making the bomb. This deserves to go into the epic fail category of terrorism.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

Oh well…

[/quote]

You would have thought if he would have made sure the fertilizer was the correct grade if he was making the bomb. This deserves to go into the epic fail category of terrorism.[/quote]

As far as I know he had propane gas, gasoline and firecrackers.

WTF?

Fertilizer, diesel, BOOM!

No need to overthink all of this.

You do not get bonus points for the most complicated design.

What I meant to say is GREAT THREAD BRO!!!

YES, GET READY FOR THE NEXT ATTACK!!!

Good thread.

This will likely lead to heightened security in subways/public buildings… I think we’ll see more attempts before summer is over.

No surprise here. We have been sending Predator Drones, bombers, and covert operations commandos into Pakistan for some time now. Obama has been stepping up the Pakistan War ten fold since he took office. Of course there are going to be reprisal attacks on U.S. soil, that is just a given.

What surprises me is that people in this country WILL ACTUALLY be surprised when a large scale terrorist assault takes place on American soil again. And that more than likely it will be a terrorist associating his attacks on what the U.S. has been doing in Pakistan.

Unfortunately, most Americans get their news from the Main Stream Media. They know more about who’s dating who in Hollywood than what is actually happening around the world.

Unfortunately - and much to the chagrin of the leftists - the muslim does not care who is in charge of American politics - we are and will always be the great Satan who needs to be destrpyed so that the servants of Allah can usher in the golden age where the entire world is ruled by Islam as promised in the Koran.

Wake up - this war has been raging since 700 AD and it ain’t over yet, people!

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
Unfortunately - and much to the chagrin of the leftists - the muslim does not care who is in charge of American politics - we are and will always be the great Satan who needs to be destrpyed so that the servants of Allah can usher in the golden age where the entire world is ruled by Islam as promised in the Koran.

Wake up - this war has been raging since 700 AD and it ain’t over yet, people![/quote]

No, it has raged for 50 years now, you started this round when the British no longer were able too and as long as you kill and maim them and install and oust dictators at will in this region, yes, they will hate you.

Losing your family to a predator drone > building a world wide califate.

LOL - and you prove my point - - “this round” - - perennial excuses for starting yet another jihad against the West - as muslims have done for centuries now . . . .

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

Wake up - this war has been raging since 700 AD and it ain’t over yet, people![/quote]

No, it has raged for 50 years now, you started this round when the British no longer were able too and as long as you kill and maim them and install and oust dictators at will in this region, yes, they will hate you.

Losing your family to a predator drone > building a world wide califate.

[/quote]

Really? There would be no desire among more aggressive Muslims to see that the sun never sets on a worldwide caliphate absent Western intervention in the ME? Hmmm…

As far as the coming of more routine Islamic terror attacks on US soil, anyone who has been paying attention(really been paying attention) will not be surprised by this. Our sleeping, soft population is ripe for the picking and there has been no secret made of their intentions. We can only hope that there are enough people like the vendor in times square(a veteran of Vietnam) who have the ability to recognize danger and respond to it. Proportionally, most people in the US will fail that test.

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
LOL - and you prove my point - - “this round” - - perennial excuses for starting yet another jihad against the West - as muslims have done for centuries now . . . .[/quote]

Excuses?

It’s like the bully that constantly picks on a kid and then one day, after all the abuse, the kid fights back and busts the bully in the nose.

Afterward, the bully cries foul and claims to be the victim.

Americans need to take off their red, white, and blue glasses and see what the government does in their name.

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
LOL - and you prove my point - - “this round” - - perennial excuses for starting yet another jihad against the West - as muslims have done for centuries now . . . .[/quote]

Excuses?

It’s like the bully that constantly picks on a kid and then one day, after all the abuse, the kid fights back and busts the bully in the nose.

Americans need to take off their red, white, and blue glasses and see what the government does in their name.[/quote]

Riiight, all of the hatred towards the West and the US is based solely off of the trillions of dollars we have paid into the ME, the humanitarian aid we have always provided, the weapons we have sold to ME nations that allow them to defend themselves, the goods and services we have continued to provide, and on and on - we’ve been just merciless in our goodwill - we should stop . . .

Yep - we’ve been the big bad ugly bully . . .whatever . . .

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

Excuses?

Americans need to take off their red, white, and blue glasses and see what the government does in their name.[/quote]

Riiight, all of the hatred towards the West and the US is based solely off of the trillions of dollars we have paid into the ME, the humanitarian aid we have always provided, the weapons we have sold to ME nations that allow them to defend themselves, the goods and services we have continued to provide, and on and on - we’ve been just merciless in our goodwill - we should stop . . .

[/quote]

Please edumacate yourself.

No, absolutely no reason to hate us.

This isn’t even taking into account the governments constant fellatio of the Saudi Kingdom and Israel.

If you are simply an American Statist and don’t care what the government does, then fine. Just say that, but don’t ignore the last 70 years or so of the U.S government’s constant meddling in the ME and say the U.S does nothing wrong.

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

Excuses?

[/quote]

This isn’t even taking into account the governments constant fellatio of the Saudi Kingdom and Israel.

If you are simply an American Statist and don’t care what the government does, then fine. Just say that, but don’t ignore the last 70 years or so of the U.S government’s constant meddling in the ME and say the U.S does nothing wrong.[/quote]

Educate yourself - regardless of the current rationale for violence against the west (it make sno difference which western nation is the target) - the basic premise underlying the entire jihadist movement is one of islamic domination over all other forms of government. The “submission” of the globe to Allah’s reign. Individual reasons for taking up arms are based in causalities that occur regulary on all sides of the issue. For every “wrong” the US commits there is a corresponding “wrong” committed by the other side.

The underlying intention of the West has never been to harm, maim or kill anyone in the ME. Do people get harmed maimed killed? Yes. It has never been the intention of the West to subjugate, enslave or reign over anyone in the ME. Has the US (and the West at large) supported governments that do this things? Yes - has that been wrong? If you call it wrong, then for each instance you cite, you must define the right action in those situations - can you do that? What would have been your choice in Afghanistan as the Soviets invaded? What would have been your choice in choosing whom to deal with in the ME as the British pulled out - what tribe would you have selected as a trading partner? What would have been your choice in Iran - which rebel faction would you have supported in opposition to the Shah?

People like you try to make it seem so simple to show how the West has wronged the ME without actually understanding ANY of the underlying tribal, cultural, national and international ramifications affecting each and every decision along the way - - - And all of this still is based on a centuries old ideology that demands that anything not islamic be subdued or destroyed.

Say what you will, in the end, either you will have to fight islam or submit to it

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

Excuses?

[/quote]

If you are simply an American Statist and don’t care what the government does, then fine. Just say that, but don’t ignore the last 70 years or so of the U.S government’s constant meddling in the ME and say the U.S does nothing wrong.[/quote]

Educate yourself - regardless of the current rationale for violence against the west (it make sno difference which western nation is the target) - the basic premise underlying the entire jihadist movement is one of islamic domination over all other forms of government. The “submission” of the globe to Allah’s reign. Individual reasons for taking up arms are based in causalities that occur regulary on all sides of the issue. For every “wrong” the US commits there is a corresponding “wrong” committed by the other side.

The underlying intention of the West has never been to harm, maim or kill anyone in the ME. Do people get harmed maimed killed? Yes. It has never been the intention of the West to subjugate, enslave or reign over anyone in the ME. Has the US (and the West at large) supported governments that do this things? Yes - has that been wrong? If you call it wrong, then for each instance you cite, you must define the right action in those situations - can you do that? What would have been your choice in Afghanistan as the Soviets invaded? What would have been your choice in choosing whom to deal with in the ME as the British pulled out - what tribe would you have selected as a trading partner? What would have been your choice in Iran - which rebel faction would you have supported in opposition to the Shah?

People like you try to make it seem so simple to show how the West has wronged the ME without actually understanding ANY of the underlying tribal, cultural, national and international ramifications affecting each and every decision along the way - - - And all of this still is based on a centuries old ideology that demands that anything not islamic be subdued or destroyed.

Say what you will, in the end, either you will have to fight islam or submit to it[/quote]

1. The U.S government only cares about it’s own interests. It doesn’t care who gets eliminated in the process. To say they never intended to kill or maim the people of ME is ridiculous.

2. This Jihad movement you mention is carried out by militants who, prior to Iraq and A-stan invasions, were largely marginalized, if not, disliked in the region. You need to differentiate between radical elements and the average person who just wants to live their life.

3. I don’t care what the Soviet Union did in A-stan, or if Iranian’s rebel, or if the Brits lost power in the region. Why is that the U.S government’s responsibility to intervene? These situations have no bearing on our lives?

And before you bring up energy resources, nations participate in peaceful trade relations all the time. The ME should be no different.

1. In the end, Middle Easterners are not much different than anyone else. They just want to be left alone. There are radical elements, but you need to realize these fanatics don’t wake up one morning hating the west and that 9/11 was motivated by specific reasons.