Preparation for Spring Break

Hey guys, I am going to vegas for spring break in March. My goal is to have the beach body/“look good naked.” Currently I plan on leaning down to about 190lbs,8% body fat, and try to losing minimal muscle. I am currently 197lbs, 12% body fat at 6’2".

Once I hit my target weight I will gradually increase my calories slightly above 3500 calories to a bulking diet to try and put on some muscle. I have been lifting consistently for about 5 years.

Online calorie calculators say I need about 3500 calories to maintain my weight with my current activity level. I lowered my caloric intake to 3000 but after two weeks saw no loss in weight, so last sunday I dropped down to 2500 now, and I am now seeing results. Here is my current diet:

7:15am: 430cal, 7g fat, 60g carb, 34g protein
1 cup of oatmeal
1 scoop of On whey protein, Gold Standard
a shot of prune juice to keep things moving
multi-vitamin

9:30am: 325cal, 2g fat, 32g carb, 43g protein
1/2 of a chicken breast
1/2 of a veggy bag(broccoli, spinach, green beans, or brussel sprouts)
apple

noon: 350cal, 5g fat, 48g carb, 35g protein
1/4lb of deli turkey on lite wheat bread
~1 cup of unflavored plain yogurt

2:30pm: 220cal, 6g fat, 10g carb, 27g protein
one 5% fat beef burger
1/2 bag of veggies

5:00pm pre-work: 150cal, 0g fat, 27f carb, 1g protein
1 banana…I don’t know about this one. Seems to work for me so far.
3 scoops of Amino Shooter(has caffeine, creatine, and select amino acids including BCAAs ) i drink this starting 10mins before lift upto ~20mins into lift as directed.

LIFT ~5:15
then do some cardio ( high intensity, ~25mins)

7:00pm Post Workout: 430cal, 2g fat, 60g carb, 48g protein
50/50 maltodextrin/dextrose
2 scoops of ON whey protein Gold Standard
5g creatine

9:00pm: 255cal, 9g fat, 2g carb, 40g protein
can of tuna
flax seed pills

10:30pm 240cal, 3g fat, 18g carbs, 36g protein
1/2 tub of cottage cheese

11pm sleep

I change the meal ordering everyday(chicken, burger, tuna) with things like 5oz steak and potato, egg whites, almonds.
I am drinking well over a gallon of water a day.
One day a week I will bring my calories back up to 3000 or 3500.

This week I started Chad Waterbury’s “The 3-day-per-week, full-body workout plan”, and following the guidelines pretty strictly. The program basically has me doing compound movements every workout(deadlift, squat, bench, military press, etc). After each lift I do some where from 15 to 25mins of cardio based on how beat I am. If i feel really taxed I’ll walk on an incline on the treadmill. I try to change it up: treadmill, bike, stepper, etc…

On non-workout days tue, thur, and sat I do abs work and more cardio. Again based on soreness, sometimes go for low-intensity for an hour or high-intensity 20mins.

I think it is worth noting I walk to work (0.3miles) and to the gym (0.8 miles) everytime.

Some questions:
Is 1,000 calories under too much??? I seem to be losing around 1/4lb a day, for the last 3 days anyways(Their is a really nice scale at the gym)
How can i minimize muscle loss?
Any changes to the diet?
Any changes to the workout?

Any suggestions or advice would be very helpful.

I’m on vacation right now, so that was too much to read. Let me just say good luck!

And remember- what happens in Vegas, must be reported here.

Tell me what you like about it, what you don’t like. Any feedback would be helpful.

Your 6’2" and you want to weight 190 lbs ?

haha. I know I am not big.

I will go into a bulking stage once I get below 10% body fat.

Dont stress it man, just go to Vegas and have a good time. Dont forget to hit up the Voodoo Room! Good Luck