Prep for First Powerlifting Meet

post a pic

I didn’t mean to come across as a dick man I tried sending you a PM but it doesn’t work. I never said my numbers were good believe I’m quite aware my bench suck and my other lifts are very mediocre. But in saying that I’ve came a long way in a short period of time. I hope you keep following the thread.

I’ll try to get one up soon

[quote]The Void wrote:
I didn’t mean to come across as a dick man I tried sending you a PM but it doesn’t work. I never said my numbers were good believe I’m quite aware my bench suck and my other lifts are very mediocre. But in saying that I’ve came a long way in a short period of time. I hope you keep following the thread.[/quote]

I will indeed keep following.

My main point in all of this I guess was that if your training is on point, your diet is on point, and your drugs are what you think they are, you should be seeing greater results. I didn’t know you had started at 290 or whatever, since you didn’t initially mention that. Even given that though, along with your bodyweight, I feel that something may be off in one of the 3 areas I mentioned. My questioning your diet and training was not meant to be an insult, it was simply an observation I was making.

I can see how you think that and I’ll say yes my training for bench has never been on point until now. I’ve never programmed it or trained it heavily. As far as seeing more in the ways of strength from the drugs I think most people will agree that if your not training to increase your strength you won’t be seeing huge gains in the area regardless of drug use. But I’m attacking my bench right now and it is going up and I only said 330 was my goal because I believed it was so bad lol. I think I can hit more.

I would have layed out my injury history and all that but it would have been the longest op ever lol.

Diet is at least 300 grams of protein a day mainly chicken and one meal a day is red meat. Carbs Are around 600 grams with 300 coming pre during and post training And can get higher then 600 as I don’t have a set meal plan. Fats are likely around 100 might seem high but my body handles fats well.

I train seven days a week taking a day off when I feel I Need one

I don’t think that’s high at all for fats. I think it’s reasonable. All your macros are fine. How do you program your bench press now? Do you believe you’re using optimal form for powerlifting purposes? I ask this since you said you’ve previously trained as a bodybuilder.

Right now I am benching twice a week. Started at 275 for 3x3 all paused reps adding 5 lbs each session until I hit 290 then it’s 3x2 and 305 I’ll start hitting for 3x1 or possibly 5x1. I have to see how my tricep tendons hold up. I have switched to a slightly closer grip.

As far as optimal form for powerlifting that’s really anyone opinion I guess. I squat high bar and try to stay upright as possible I hate a conventional powerlifting squat just my opinion. I deadlift conventional. I don’t like pulling sumo and just like the back squat I don’t like watching it. I’ll probably get flamed for saying this but hey I’m doing this for fun well I’m obviously giving it my all but I just enjoy lifting the way I like to.

I also use the slingshot at the end of my workout to overload my lock out

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/f/d/fd29f_ORIG-IMG_20150226_174147.jpg

Here it is

You look awesome dude! Huge delts. This is why I asked about your form. With that much size, I would think you’d have the potential to be pressing more! Do you use much of an arch when you bench? I would be that making some tweaks could significantly impact the rate at which your bench improves going forward, assuming you’d like to pursue powerlifting.

As for the squat and deadlift, nothing wrong with high bar and conventional. There are strong guys out there squatting high bar for sure, and the whole world hasn’t switched to sumo. Benny Magnusson does conventional, and he’s got the best deadlift in the world, lol.

^^^ helluva physique there mate!

Thanks for the compliments guys means a lot coming from you guys as I’ve been reading your posts for a long time now.

I get as much of and arch as I can and just started to grip closer. I already feel a hell of a lot better under the bar in this short period of time and as far as 330 being my goal I think I can hit more. I want more.

Failed on a 515 back squat today but I feel it’s really just a matter of time before I break through. I’m taking a few days off to rest and recover because my training has been quite high frequency and I think that that has to do with why I have set any PRs for my squat lately.

So I’ll take the weekend off. This is probably the biggest flaw in my training is that I hate taking days off. I just feel like a bum but not only that it’s more that when you consider every bit of training fun why would you wanna take a day off. but this can only benefit me so I have to commit to it.

Lolz at you thinking your bench is bad.

188 bw and my prs from the last few weeks are

squat 515x4 @ 9 no wraps
bench 255x8 @ 10
deadlift 530x4 @ 8

Not sure if your laughing at me thinking my bench is bad when really my squat and dead are bad or what lol. Also not sure what you mean by @9 or @10?

But anyway man those are some nice numbers at your bodyweight.

[quote]The Void wrote:
Not sure if your laughing at me thinking my bench is bad when really my squat and dead are bad or what lol. Also not sure what you mean by @9 or @10?

But anyway man those are some nice numbers at your bodyweight.[/quote]

I just mean your ratio is better than mine. Your body is also sexier :slight_smile:

@9 is just the RPE. just means I had a rep left @ 10 means nothing left.

Oh I understand

Lol well my bench ratio might be a bit better but your shitting on my squat and dead haha

And actually man 255 for 8 would be a grind for me

[quote]The Void wrote:
And actually man 255 for 8 would be a grind for me [/quote]

It was a 2-3 rep pr I believe; however…im on day 8 of my 14 week tren train

Nice man I can’t wait to hear how everything goes for you good luck