Prep for First Powerlifting Meet

So here it is I’m 20 years old will be 21 at the end of April. I have decided to enter my first powerlifting meet and would like some advice on my prep.

weight 205-207 upon waking

want to come in at 198 to be at the top on the weight class

deadlift- 565
squat- 500
bench-315 (shit i know)

cycle history. mind you i know I’m young but this is the lifestyle i have chosen. i don’t drink or do any drugs other then gear obviously. i live and breath lifting.

first cycle
10 weeks
wks 1-10 test prop 500mgs/w
.5mgs arimadex eod
pct nolva 40/40/20/20

second cycle

20 weeks
1-18 test e 500mgs
1-16 eq 600mgs
18 until four days before pct starts hcg 1000iu ed for ten days
pct nolva 40/40/20/20

third cycle (cycle I’m currently on) original suppose to be 16wks but at week 14 i made the decision to enter the meet so the cycle will be extended. dosages will increase and compounds will be added. if i win my division i can qualify for nationals which is possible as i am still a junior.

1-14 test c 500mgs
1-14 tri tren 350mgs
15-21 test c 250mgs
15-21 test ace 500mgs
15-21 tri tren 350mgs
15-21 tren ace 200mgs
18-21 halo 20mgs a day
i have superdrol on hand and haven’t decided if ill use it yet. I’m quite aware of how toxic it would be. Obviously proper pct will follow with some needed time off.

my goals for the meet are to:
dead- 600
squat- 530
bench- 330

Oh ya i will be competing in raw assisted which means i can wear knee sleeves. obviously entering in the open class because I’m not an asshole. anyway i would appreciate everyones opinions and recommendations especially guys like reed as he’s the powerlifter around these parts. thanks a lot

forgot to mention height 5’10. body fat bellow 10% i will post a pic if asked

fuck lol also been taking 1.25mgs of letro a day. i know that seems high but i feel its under dosed because i feel great. prami started at .25mgs a gay tapered up slowly to 1mg a day and just upped it to 1.25 a day since a added the tren ace in

21 weeks of tren? Sweet jesus. I’m looking into doing a 16 week meet prep, with the last 8 weeks consisting of tren/test/dbol. I’m on TRT however, so I’m not worried about recovery.

Why not use the HCG during cycle, instead of blasting it at the end? That is, assuming you will not be blasting/cruising following your meet.

Im assuming youve never run the halo before? Im interested for some stuff to take the day of the meet. I’ve heard tren susp/halo is the way to go.

i know it sounds long but i really don’t think any cycle consisting of long esters should be shorter then 16weeks. just my opinion.

i am very seriously considering blasting and cruising after the meet.

the reason for not running hug through out is do to desensitizing to LH over the course of a long cycle. again just my opinion.

never ran halo but really excited to. i was considering suspension but figured there was no need.

[quote]The Void wrote:
i know it sounds long but i really don’t think any cycle consisting of long esters should be shorter then 16weeks. just my opinion.

i am very seriously considering blasting and cruising after the meet.

the reason for not running hug through out is do to desensitizing to LH over the course of a long cycle. again just my opinion.

never ran halo but really excited to. i was considering suspension but figured there was no need.[/quote]

I hear ya.

Do you have a steady supply of test and AI’s? If so, you seem to know what you’re doing, so long as you know the risks of a B&C you should do ok.

The desensitizing from HCG happens with large doses over a period of time. People actually use HCG to increase their test, instead of using actual test injections… it’s called “HCG mono-therapy” and is actual pretty popular. My point being, if you use HCG in small enough doses (250iu’s 2x week) your PCT will be much easier and shouldnt cause any problems.

I’m quite aware of the risks of b&c and man getting your hands on gear and ancillaries where I’m from is stupid easy it’s ridiculous.

See this is what pisses me off about hcg is that there is so much contadictory info on it. You hear it’s suppessive so don’t use it during pct then people say its not. Also read you lose sensitivity to LH after like 12 weeks even at 500iu a week so it’s just something I guess we would have to run and get blood work to see what’s going on. But I will look a little more into what you mentioned thanks

[quote]The Void wrote:
I’m quite aware of the risks of b&c and man getting your hands on gear and ancillaries where I’m from is stupid easy it’s ridiculous.

See this is what pisses me off about hcg is that there is so much contadictory info on it. You hear it’s suppessive so don’t use it during pct then people say its not. Also read you lose sensitivity to LH after like 12 weeks even at 500iu a week so it’s just something I guess we would have to run and get blood work to see what’s going on. But I will look a little more into what you mentioned thanks[/quote]

Damn, Im jealous!

And yeah you’re totally right. It seems like everyone has different things to say… until I found a few people in the “T-replacement” forum that have decades of studying this kind of stuff, I was skeptical myself.

Anyway, good luck with the cycle man. Keep us posted if you can, i’d be interested to see how it goes.

Ok I’ll check that out and thanks ill keep you posted on how everything is going.

When are you starting your meet prep? I would like to see how your planing the whole cycle.

[quote]The Void wrote:
Ok I’ll check that out and thanks ill keep you posted on how everything is going.

When are you starting your meet prep? I would like to see how your planing the whole cycle.[/quote]

Not too sure on that one, when life isnt so crazy. Between school, two jobs and having part custody of my little sister, life can get pretty overwhelming. Whenever I do a meet it will be something like:

Week 1-16: 700mgs test
Week 1-4: Var 75mg/day (just because I have some)
Week 8-16: 100mg tren A everyday
Week 12-16: 60mg dbol everyday

I’ll be using 25mg aromasin every other day and have caber on hand. Going to look into halo on the day of the meet.

Will just be doing a push/pull since I hurt my right hip a few months ago and still rehabbing it.

Looking to bench 405 and pull 755 at around 255, 25 years old.

Fuck good for you man a lot on your plate and the bar haha.

Tren ace at 700 a weeks sounds awesom but don’t think I’m quite there yet lol. Formy next cycle ill likely just hae it around 350-400 again.

Halo just on meet day?

Injuries fuckin suck man I wasn’t able to train my deadlift for 18 months because of a knee injury that I never took the time to properly rehab but finally got my shit together and my dead is getting to where it should be. I hated telling people I could squat more then I could deadlift lol

[quote]The Void wrote:
Fuck good for you man a lot on your plate and the bar haha.

Tren ace at 700 a weeks sounds awesom but don’t think I’m quite there yet lol. Formy next cycle ill likely just hae it around 350-400 again.

Halo just on meet day?

Injuries fuckin suck man I wasn’t able to train my deadlift for 18 months because of a knee injury that I never took the time to properly rehab but finally got my shit together and my dead is getting to where it should be. I hated telling people I could squat more then I could deadlift lol[/quote]

Thanks dude.

Yeah I was running a gram of tren last year… I lost a good 20 pounds and my lifts all went up, didnt get to run an oral with it though which upsets me because I was already pulling low 700’s, so who knows what I could have gotten if I threw in some Dbol.

I’ve heard a few guys talk about taking halo on meet day (actually Pete Rubish went into it a little and gave me the idea)… ive looked into it, but frankly I’m not entirely sure what the deal is with that, but I know tren or test suspension will give a nice pre-meet boost so I might just go with that.

And yeah man it sucks. Actually I’ve found that upping the dose has been the best thing for me hahaha. My shoulder was a little fucked up going into one of my cycles and the tren cleared it right up :slight_smile:

And hey man, pretty much all the elite guys are like that, Eric Lilliebridge squats over a grand and pulls around 900… so don’t be too bent out of shape.

Hahaha a gram of tren man how did you sleep or not murder someone? And yea I didn’t mention I took drol in my second cycle at 50 mgs a day for four weeks. Loved it can’t hep but pr taking it lol

Pete is a fuckin animal I love his shit same with lillebridge but I would think that you would at least run the halo for two weeks and hen take like 10mgs before each lift.

I agree with you man while having some kind of joint injury being on can only help ifyoursmart about it. Increasing the strength of the muscles around the joint helps protect te joint but again like I said if your smart about it and don’t push to hard to fast. Haha I’ve never nad a period of training with no nagging injuries or soreness simply caused by imbalances since starting tren haha it clears everything right up. I’m at he point now that I think running a cycle without tren is a waste haha fallen in love

Today was supposed to be an off day because I could barely get my sore ass out of bed but after lying around for a while I decided to go in and bench. I felt great under the bar and paused 315 making my 330 goal look very attainable so I was happy with that (still shitty lol).

Tomorrow will be deads. Not sure exactly what the the plan is basically see how I feel maybe pull for a max cuz why the hell not. Then probably pull from a deficit. I’ll inform you all how it goes.

Today was supposed to be an off day because I could barely get my sore ass out of bed but after lying around for a while I decided to go in and bench. I felt great under the bar and paused 315 making my 330 goal look very attainable so I was happy with that (still shitty lol).

Tomorrow will be deads. Not sure exactly what the the plan is basically see how I feel maybe pull for a max cuz why the hell not. Then probably pull from a deficit. I’ll inform you all how it goes.

Pulled 575 just over the knees and stalled out but it’s the farthest I’ve pulled it so far. Then in the evening hit and easy 475 squat so no PRs but not a total waste

Man, I’m not sure why this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but you’re taking a lot of gear for a long period of time and not seeing much at all in the way of results. Particularly for your size. You’re hoping to go from a 315 to a 330 bench over the course of 5 months. That would be a reasonable goal as a natural at your size. Not a guy who’s going to be taking between 1 and 2 grams of test and tren for 21 weeks, and with 2 cycles under his belt already.

I’m not saying any of this to be mean or to belittle you. I’m suggesting that your training is likely far from optimal. If I were you I’d take a good hard look at both diet and training to make the best use of that much gear.

Anyway, best of luck, I’ll be following this thread, assuming you continue to update.

Well I did mention that my bench is shit. I’ve always been a weak presser. I didn’t mention that I literally haven’t flat benched over 185 in probably half a year it’s something I’ve never trained heavy and the only reason I am now is because I’ve decided to do the meet. And if I do hit 330 at 198 that’s 40 pound on the bar with training it for 8 weeks.

As far as the gear yes I’ve been on for a while. I didn’t intend to be but again it’s for the meet. Also until I decided to do the meet I was on 500 mgs of test and 350 mgs of tren not quite two grams lol. Obviously dosages increased for the meet totaling 1.3 grams. So I wouldn’t say that crazy.

I will also add that I injured my knee is over two years ago and wasn’t able to train my deadlifts heavy consistently for 18 months so in just over 6 months my dead has gone from under 500 lbs to were it is now. My training is not something you should be questioning. Or my diet for that matter in the time I’ve started to strength train again I’ve made huge strides forward as my first two cycles were mainly bodybuilding oriented

[quote]The Void wrote:
I will also add that I injured my knee is over two years ago and wasn’t able to train my deadlifts heavy consistently for 18 months so in just over 6 months my dead has gone from under 500 lbs to were it is now. My training is not something you should be questioning. Or my diet for that matter in the time I’ve started to strength train again I’ve made huge strides forward as my first two cycles were mainly bodybuilding oriented [/quote]

You’re right. Nobody should ever question anyone’s diet or training when they put up sub par numbers for their weight class on over a gram of steroids. Especially when nothing about previous injuries or training style were mentioned in the OP. My bad. Keep up the awesome work.