Prep for First Meet

[quote]emskee wrote:

[quote]RozS wrote:
Not that it’ll help you much for tomorrow, but try calling your local high school’s athletic dept. (if they have a wrestling team) and asking if they know of a local source. There might be a small mom-and-pop joint that has them. [/quote]

Brilliant![/quote]

At least someone recognizes it :wink:

I’d agree dropping your openers down a little. At my first meet I was aiming for a 405 squat and missed 345 cause I got on the platform and panicked lol

As far as a water cut I personally didn’t have any problems (also cut about 5 pounds) but different people react differently so maybe try it out at some point before your weigh ins to see how your body reacts? I’d wait for others to confirm or deny that tho cause I’m just throwing out ideas. This is all of course if you have a goal of totaling/ lifting so much in the 165’s, if not wouldn’t really worry about it.

This won’t help for tomorrow but you can get wrestling singlets from amazon.

Well, I ended up finding a singlet for triathletes at a local bike store… for $260.00. I didn’t buy it. I appreciate all the advice in here, I didn’t expect to get so much out of this thread, so thanks to everybody.

I’ve decided to go ahead and lift at Europa in May, even though there isn’t a raw division. And I’ll watch some of the meet today. I won’t do any sort of water cut for Europa, but I may try to for the Metroflex meet in June

Emskee, sorry I couldn’t provide the story of the month. I tried!

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Well, I ended up finding a singlet for triathletes at a local bike store… for $260.00. I didn’t buy it. I appreciate all the advice in here, I didn’t expect to get so much out of this thread, so thanks to everybody.

I’ve decided to go ahead and lift at Europa in May, even though there isn’t a raw division. And I’ll watch some of the meet today. I won’t do any sort of water cut for Europa, but I may try to for the Metroflex meet in June

Emskee, sorry I couldn’t provide the story of the month. I tried![/quote]

This was still a super story because as far as I’m concerned, a $260 singlet, actually in existence is apeshit crazy and a good story in and of itself!!! If you had actually bought it, that would have been the story of the month, but you didn’t and so no story at the expense of your integrity. You’re good.

Okay, cool, I was just screaming “DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT” hoping that I could help you jump a through a hoop and purge your ?s before you realized how nuts it is to drop in cold at a meet you just heard about.

All is good.

Okay, you are on track to:

1.) Fine a realistically priced singlet.
2.) Compete in May.
3.) Post videos!

Cool thing, as stated earlier, is that if you compete in an equipped meet in a singlet, you will exist all chill because everyone (including you) will know that you are just there to break your cherry.

Remember, its just a game. Have fun.