T Nation

Premium.Fitness Training Log

Hey all, I was worried that this was going to be cheesy, posting my Training Logs on here but I can see I am not the only one lol.

My aim on this is to try to motivate myself that extra step as I have a huge obsession with my health and fitness, seeing as it is my profession.

!!!I just want to make one thing clear on this. Yes I know my weights are not great at the moment, I have spent most of my youth toying aroung with different routines, different methods and such and now I believe I have enough of an understanding to begin hitting it all big time.!!!

So let me introduce myself, I am the founder of Premium Fitness, at the moment a one man Personal Trainer company but I have big plans for the future. I’m 17 years old, 18 in July and I am leaving college next month hopefully with my National Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science. I played Rugby semi-pro for a number of National League teams over here in England, howver, the season has finished and I am finding myself drawn more and more towards weights and gym fitness lol.

Competing in weight events…i’m not so sure yet, we’ll have to play itby here, I am a long way away from even thinking about that yet, at the moment my goal is to get my body fat percentage to be below 10% and to increase my weight to 13/14stone, I currently weigh in at 12 stone.

My 1-Rep max at the moment are as follows:

Bench Press- 90KG
Squat - 90KG
Deadlift - 150KG

so i’m off to train now, watch this space and let me now what you think.

Just come back from the gym at my college for the 1st of my training sessions today, I was originally aiming for 2 weight sessions a day Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, with a Cardio day on Wednesday and the weekend off. But my calorie intake at the moment is not enough to support this, so that idea has been discarded until I begin to see some definate improvement in my look.

Monday I worked Back and Legs

Back

• Bent Over Row - 3 X 10 reps 40KG repeat 3 times
  • Single Arm Row - 3 X 12 reps 20KG repeat 3 times
  • Wide Grip Pull Ups - 3 X MAX reps
  • Lat Pull Downs - 3 X 12 reps 50KG

Legs

• Plyometric Jumps - 3 X 12 reps repeat 3 times
  • Leg Extensions - 3 X 10 reps 50KG
  • Leg Press - 3 X 8 reps 100KG

Today, Tuesday, I worked Arms and Shoulders

Arms

• Dumbbell Curl - 3 X 10 reps 14KG
  • Hammer Curls (cable) - 3 X 10 reps 23.75KG
  • Single Arm Preacher Curls - 3 X 8 reps 12KG
  • Tricep Pull Downs - 3 X 10 reps 23.75KG
  • Tricep Dips - 3 X 12 reps

Shoulders

• Arnold Press - 3 X 10 reps 18KG
  • Lateral Raise (cable) - 3 X 10 reps 8.75KG
  • Bent Over Flyes - 3 x 10 reps 8KG
  • Dumbbell Shrugs - 3 X 10 reps 24KG

It has come to my attention, (I say that although I have known a while but refused to admit it to myself) that my posture is not great due to the instinct in me that I MUST HAVE BIG CHEST haha, my posture has gone from normal to kyphotic, which is not great, thus I need to correct it. This I hope that explains to anyone who may have been wondering why I am not training chest. I am…except I am only doing press ups as I am attempting to pull my shoulders back and allow my posture to correct itself with time.

well i think you really should change program and do rippetoes. aside from tricep dips??? how can you make a dip without the triceps? or how can you isolate them without using your back?

anyway except for dips the rest you shouldnt be really doing for another year or two. not much point

Cardio Training was yesterday and was…i’ll admit, harder than i forsaw lol. Remember a time where I could just run and run…what happened lol.

Any way here it is.

Wednesday, Cardio

7 mile jog - 20 Minutes
Skipping - 1 minute skip, 30 seconds rest repeat 3 times
Step ups - To top of my stairs, walk back down, repeat 5 times.

Hitting the weights again bit later. So expect to see that soon.

Thursday Back & Legs

Back

Wide Grip Pull Ups - 3 X 6 BW
Lat Pull Downs - 3 X 10 55KG
Shrugs - 3 X 12 24KG

Legs

Leg Press - 3 X 12 78KG
Leg Extensions - 3 X 8 55KG
Plyometric Jumps - 3 X 12 BW
Calf Raises - 2 x 96 BW

Finished off with 3 X 10 reps of Press Ups…just to keep the chest ticking over. As have stated…looking to correct posture as I am Kyphotic therefore, I am not doing specific Chest Training.

Understandable for Bulk I need to do alot lot more…at the moment making do with what I have available…Dumbbells and Cable Machine…if anyone can think of any other exercises that I do not know of…let me know

Cheers Guys