PreGame Rituals

I usually play on Saturday nights so…

-I try to eat a solid meal about 4 hours before game time. 2potassium tabs, 1/2 multi, 2 calcium tabs

Then I’ll have a protein shake with water about an hour and a half before warm ups. 2 pot. tabs, 1/2 multi vit, 250mg Vit. C

Some lite form running, stretching, and thinking about assignments.

Kinda boring but I’m not a big rah rah guy. I just go out and play.

I play OL in d3 football for a small college in Iowa. Pre-game for me kinda sucks because we have to be up and at the locker room about 3 hours before the game. When i’m in there though, i’m usually just meditating, with some Slayer as backgroung music, trying to focus. Once on the field, after warm-ups and what-not, while the National Anthem is playing, at the very end of it I say a little prayer that i’ve used since I was a Freshman in H.S. I’m sure some of you know it:
And shepards we shall be
For thee my Lord, for thee
Power hath decended forth from thy Hand
That thy feet may swiftly carry out thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patri
Et Fili
Spiritu Santi
(sorry, I don’t know how the Spell that last part)

From the movie Boondock Saints;

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
~ Boondock Saints

[quote]Beowulf66 wrote:
I play OL in d3 football for a small college in Iowa. Pre-game for me kinda sucks because we have to be up and at the locker room about 3 hours before the game. When i’m in there though, i’m usually just meditating, with some Slayer as backgroung music, trying to focus. Once on the field, after warm-ups and what-not, while the National Anthem is playing, at the very end of it I say a little prayer that i’ve used since I was a Freshman in H.S. I’m sure some of you know it:
And shepards we shall be
For thee my Lord, for thee
Power hath decended forth from thy Hand
That thy feet may swiftly carry out thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patri
Et Fili
Spiritu Santi
(sorry, I don’t know how the Spell that last part)[/quote]

Don’t have to be a rugby fan, to know what the haka is about.

I take 2 half swings and one full swing. Then I stand behind the ball and pick my target. A few waggles then…O wait…you said PreGame not Pre Shot :-\

[quote]jackzepplin wrote:
… Boondock Saints …[/quote]

quite possibly the best movie that very few have seen