Prefer a Busy Gym or Empty Gym?

It doesn’t matter to me, my intensity stay the same. If someone is using something that I need I will ask them can I work-in.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
I train in my yard, under a tree. The other day a flock of several hundred starlings roosted in there. They didn’t make a peep, they just shit constantly.

Get a rifle and incorporate some target practice on the fly.

[/quote]

I was about to go buy a 12 guage and some quail shot, but I live in the city, and that wouldn’t go over too well with the neighbors. I chucked gravel at them between sets instead.

Empty is better, especially this time of year. I try to go at hours when the NYR people aren’t there, meaning no going anytime near lunch or after work.

And the posts about having an empty gym with a couple serious people for spots is dead on. I can dig.

My gym is empty with no energy, the new gym got rid of the power platform, and I end up deadlifting between dumb trainers doing ass lifts with there fat cows.

My only other choice is a crowded 24 hr fitness, with ton of hotties though.

PS. no one in my gym can spot anything maybe a curl.

if there were to hardcores in there capable I would consider that perfect, but it doesn’t exist.

EMPTY!

You can always dump a weight but you can’t get rid of a jerk-off without probably being arrested.

empty any other day then bench day, because usually get a spotter.

Empty. Don’t have to wait for benches or equipment.

EMPTY! I am there for training! If I want chicks there are other places for that!

I prefer empty…however…

My gym is always empty now, but only because it’s on an Army post and everyone is gone in Iraq. For their sake, I’d rather have it crowded.

I have two gym memberships, partly for this very reason; one of the gyms is almost packed and one gym is very quiet and laid-back, a good place to train solo.

Depending on my mood, I select accordingly. Lately I’ve been going to the packed gym more often to feed off of the energy of my training partners.

[quote]sed26 wrote:
I prefer a gym full of gym rats with muscles on top of muscles. I hate those that go to the gym just to hudle up and talk about others and ain’t doing shit.[/quote]

Unfortunately you can’t always separate the two. At my old gym there was this cat (big and dumb), full of juice but wasn’t using it to it’s full potential if you know what I mean. He would show up for about 3 hours at a time but only lift for like 40 min. Always had 2 pathetic cronies following him around listening to him talk about who he beat up last weekend. They would literally get in the way leaning on equipment; I shit you not.

Empty. I train at home. I hate waiting for equipment or getting bitched at for doing something “dangerous”. Plus carrying 70 lbs of chain, bands and a box is a BITCH. Plus I’d rather own all my equipment.

When I lifted at the university gym, I usually lifted when other’s weren’t there. This worked out very well as only people who at least tried were there. Granted, there was the guy that only benched the top half portion of the bench and couldn’t lose his ego to go full ROM. I was the only one that squatted, so squat day was NEVER an issue.

If I need energy, I crank up my stereo. Strength is a mindset. No need for others. Just push yourself.

I’ve had bad luck w/ spotters. Had a bar land on my upperlip (I’m serious) and had to yell at them to help me get it off. They didn’t even notice. Still blows my mind to this day. Shirt training w/ n00bs can be deadly. Thats why I lift in a powercage w/ the catch bars set appropriately. No hand offs, no spotters. I just have someone call depth on squats, but in no way touch the bar.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:

Strength is a mindset. No need for others. Just push yourself.

[/quote]

Whenever I read or hear a quote I like, I write it down on a white post it note and tape it to my fridge.

This is going on my fridge. Thanks!

I prefer empty. Unless I had my friends to work out with ofcoarse.

I like to have some people around to witness my incredible strength:^P

I don’t like it when its so crowded it gets in the way of my workout but having some people in my gym motivates me more. I’m not big on working out by myself either.

This is going to sound horribly selfish, but I prefer the gym completely empty except for me and my training crew. I have been fortunate…I am installing a gym in my new house so I won’t have to go to another commercial gym again. Just me and my crew; MY music, and nothing but heavy iron lifting.

[quote]MISCONCEPTION wrote:
A gym with no one in it no energy, no one to look over get that extra push.

Or a crowded ass 24 hour fitness, with at least some hot bunnies doing leg spreads im mean press.[/quote]

I only care about use of the equipment. As long as nobody is using the power rack to do curls, I can stand that gym. I just need a power rack, a barbell and some plates. Leave me be…

… a cute girl would be a decent bonus, though.

Definitely empty. I do enjoy women walking by, but that rarely ever happens so it’s not worth dealing with dudebros taking up equipment.