the fields, but they just stuck their fingers in their ears and
kept coming.

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who
meet liberals just south of the border, pack them into electric
cars, and drive them across the border, where they are simply
left to fend for themselves after the battery dies. “A lot of these
people are not prepared for our rugged conditions,” an Alberta
border patrolman said. "I found one carload without a single
bottle of Perrier water, or any gemelli with shrimp and arugula.
All they had was a nice little Napa Valley cabernet and some kale
chips. When liberals are caught, they’re sent back across the
border, often wailing that they fear persecution from Trump high-
hairers.

Rumors are circulating about plans being made to build re-education
camps where liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer, study the
Constitution, and find jobs that actually contribute to the economy.

In recent days, liberals have turned to ingenious ways of crossing the
border. Some have been disguised as senior citizens taking a bus trip
to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs. After catching a half-dozen
young vegans in blue-hair wig disguises, Canadian immigration authorities
began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior citizens about
Perry Como and Rosemary Clooney to prove that they were alive in the
'50s. “If they can’t identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk
Show, we become very suspicious about their age,” an official said.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are
creating an organic-broccoli shortage, are buying up all the Barbara
Streisand CD’s, and are overloading the internet while downloading
jazzercise apps to their cell phones. “I really feel sorry for American
liberals, but the Canadian economy just can’t support them,” an Ottawa
resident said. "After all, how many art-history majors does one country
need?”

6 Likes

Good thing all those stand up Americans in the natsec community are refusing to work with him. I mean what says “I love my country and want it secure” than knowing your the best at your job but refusing to work for the elected boss because you’re being a butthurt little bitch?

Trump isn’t a moron. And here’s why:

This is how wealth works:

1. Not highly intelligent
  2. Remain rich
  3. In control of your money
    choose two

Add in the ego, and trump is likely sitting there thinking “I don’t want to suck like Obama, I’ll listen to these guys and stand on stage and take all the glory”. He wants statues in his name, and he’s not dumb enough to think he is a natsec expert.

It’s not that simple. I’ll try to elaborate my point - real estate is not a zero sum game. You have a vision, you try to get something done (something built or refurbished or whatever). Sure, there are bumps along the way - from corrupt politicians to annoying local councilors and regulators and environmental groups etc. but everything is proceeding along a familiar, well trodden path - no one is actively trying to sabotage your project and you believe that basically everyone is striving towards the same goal.

Therefore, I think this is where Trump’s “working along with everyone” comes from. He thinks is he lays out a win-win scenario US rivals will follow suit. So it’s like talking to another real estate developer.

In my opinion, that’s a recipe for disaster. For example in Russian foreign policy, which is traditionally (from the time of Tzars) deeply paranoid and distrustful, any compromise or detente offered is perceived as a sign of weakness that needs to be exploited. So any attempt to sets things straight with Putin in a direct meeting will be met with almost immediate backstabbing.

Also, I’m not sure you guys know how much of a Trump hysteria is developing in Russia. He’s on billboards, Russian nesting dolls, murals, magazine posters… Based on his campaign statements, both the politicians and the general public believe that he’ll start the “Imperial withdrawal” from US commitments overseas, similar to the withdrawal of the British Empire in the 50ies and 60ies, opening up a space for expansion of Russian and Chinese zones of influence.

So even if Trumps backtracks on some of those issues - and he hasn’t denied any of the more adventurous statements yet - this will cause huge tensions with China and Russia because they believe that Trump actually committed to a specific course of action.

4 Likes

Myron Floren - DUH.

Oops, Damn It,

1 Like

Lol the butt hurt is epic

1 Like

What a bunch of depressing assholes. Buying each others bullshit until they’ve talked themselves in to a feeling of complete social disenfranchisement, then gathering together to blow smoke up each others assholes until they become their own heros.

And Bono.

3 Likes

Except illegals vote in Cal. Hell Cal makes it so easy your fog can vote in California

That picture of Hillary reminds me of the Kim Il-sung propaganda art in North Korea. It just needs a background instead of all white.

I know Conservatives were pissed when Obama won, but this level of butt hurt is clinical. You would think America got a colonoscopy.

Psychological Projection

If it does not get gutted, it will collapse under it’s own weight. It’s failing without any action. It has to be replaced or medical costs and insurance will be unreachable for the majority of people.
The problem was is that obama never understood the problem. He thought it was coverage. Well if you have coverage but your deductible is $5000, which is common, you do not have affordable healthcare. You have a healthcare system that will put you in considerable debt whether you are covered or not.

The problem with healthcare is cost. You control cost, everything else follows. If you can afford healthcare, you don’t need insurance, save for the most extreme situations. If you control costs, then insurance costs will naturally fall and will become more affordable for everyone. Then if you don’t want insurance, well at least you can afford basic care without it.

It’s about cost, cost has always been the problem. The next healthcare program needs to target cost…

1 Like

It’s the butthurt many of us experienced in 2008 when the country made a sharp left. The only difference is the candidate and the unlikeliness of his actual victory.

It certainly is. Trump’s got such a phenomenally repulsive group of enemies that he’s almost worth supporting regardless of anything he actually does in office, at least at present.

1 Like

Hey Pat
I was thinking this is your field actually

By projection, I was referring to transferring one’s shortcoming to another
ie I procrastinate to the point of being a mediocre employee, but get into it with my homemaker wife by calling her lazy, when she suggests talking about finances.

I am saying, not just cheesed because the other side won, but psychological inability to cope with adversity leading to anti social behavior.
Melt downs, physical assaults, riots - really?

I work on the IT side of healthcare. Far less romantic.

Uh
well I was pretty close

Why do you have to attack me every post?:slight_smile:

I’m still around, just busy at work.

2 Likes

Healthcare cost is a huge and unfortunately very difficult problem. I frankly don’t think it can be solved by government because its actually a technology problem. At issue is the fact that the definition of “health insurance” is experiencing rapid scope creep even though it seems to remain the same thing.

Every time we develop a treatment for a previously untreatable condition and that treatment become accepted as mainstream and recommended, the scope of health insurance creeps to include it. In the past, anybody that got that condition would just suffer with it or die and such suffering or death was free from a healthcare cost standpoint. Now, if that is the recommended treatment, health insurance includes it. And there is very little pressure to bring the cost of that treatment down.

In short, the cost of health insurance continues to go up because the quality and breadth of care continues to go up.

Obviously, there are inefficiencies and profit built into the system, but the cost of medical care can’t be expected to go down as the treatment gets better and better.

True, if you have this many political hacks mad at you, you’re definitely doing it right.