Predictions? Let's Have It!

I’m guessing that includes at least 625k photographic portraits of Little Anthony.

2 Likes

Clinton, and I’m completely confident in that. Tightening effect of the e-mails isn’t enough, and will begin to wane. My understanding is that they literally just got a warrant to start reading the e-mails in question. And there isn’t any indication of what might even be in them. It could be absolutely nothing in the end. Either way, I don’t see a conclusion before the election. And I don’t see a batch of who-the-heck-knows-if-they’re-really-even-relevant e-mails maintaining the attention that they have in the first couple days.

1 Like

One of us is misunderstanding the 12th amendment. The electoral college meets on the Monday after the second Wednesday in December. If no candidate has a majority of the vote in the Electoral college, the House “immediately” votes for President and the Senate for Vice President. The new House and Senate take office at noon on January 3rd. While the definition of immediate might be relative in Congress, it stands to reason that the outgoing Congress, not the newly elected Congress, would choose the new President and Vice President.

That means that the (old) Senate will choose Mike Pence over Tim Kaine almost certainly. If the House deadlocks, then the Vice President would become President. However, if the old House deadlock (choosing between Trump, Clinton, and McMullin), then the new House could also vote on the same issue after January 3rd. However, even if the Democrats control the new house, they still would not likely control a majority of state delegations.

That means that Republicans would be able to control the outcome, provided they could avoid fracturing. The only other possibility that I see as not completely unlikely is if some House Democrats and some house Republicans decided to elect McMullin, but I fail to see how enough people would prefer him to Pence to make that a thing.

Yes, we all would, because that would mean that person didn’t get a trial.

I was pretty sure Hilary would win easily, but lately I"m not so sure. I have talked to a lot of closet Trump voters. People where you would never guess they would vote Trump but are keeping it a secret to certain people or just not boasting their vote. Some are registered Democrats.

So my prediction, without looking at the electoral map, is Trump wins.

1 Like

I have a similar outlook. I’ve seen a lot of home-made ‘HIllary for Prison’ signs pop up over the weekend.

Another interesting anecdote:
Trump has just under 12mm FB followers
HIllary has just under 8mm FB followers

Clearly, that isn’t scientific, but interesting nonetheless.

1 Like

I’ve seen very few Trump signs and absolutely NO Hillary signs.

I think there might be a tad bit of buyers remorse after 8 years of Obama and coexist stickers on Priuses with nothing positive to show for it.

Everybody I know supports Trump, but instead of bs-ing about it, they just have the attitude of “screw the media, we’ll see once the votes are tallied”.

Well, you live out in the sticks, not in liberal Shadyside :slight_smile:

I’ve seen a few Trump signs (but virtually none in the city - just when I drive out towards my brother’s place, in Plum) and a few Hilary signs (virtually all inside the city). Kinda funny, really. Overall signage in the area is fairly low, though.

1 Like

Very true. My back yard is the Wash. county line! (sounds way out there, but it ain’t. It’s just South Park twp.).

There are usually signs all over yards and plastered on every major intersection. It really is a drastic change from previous election cycles.

2 Likes

Miami…this is what gives me a LOT of hesitation (coupled with the luke-warm enthusiasm for Clinton and the “closeness” of the NON_EC Polls)…

Election night is going to be anything but boring…

1 Like

Most feel that there will be no “in-between”…

It will either be REAL close…or a blowout.

1 Like

I said the same thing in another thread. I live in liberal ass Minnesota and see far more Trump signs than Hillary signs. If Minneapolis isn’t excited for Hillary, who is?

Trump wins by a nose. Dems are out of stuff against Trump. Hillary tweeting nothingness confirms that. She’s nervous what they will find.

The real loser here is the guy who has to sift through the Weiner emails. Poor guy.

Here is picture of that guy at work

3 Likes

They say 20% have already voted but early voters tend to be the hard core whose minds never will be changed. The undecided and weak voters still have not voted.

Until now I would have said Hillary in a close poplar vote, but a blow out in the editorial votes.

I see that changing now with Trump winning. The fact that Hillary is corrupt is being pounded into even the least informed voter today. Hillary’s approval rating are hitting all time lows. Trump may have just pulled it off.

The electoral college meets to cast their votes in December, but the votes aren’t counted by congress until January 6th, thus the new congress would have to select the President and Vice President.

This is true, and my previous prediction in the other thread did not take into account a re-opening of the investigation by the FBI to narrow the polls.

However, it’s still too much for Trump to take on. I do agree with tedro that the tie scenario might be more viable than Trump winning. I dunno, I haven’t really thought into that particularly–but it’s my favorite scenario of any because it allows us to have a chance at a POTUS who is not either of the 2 scumbags, and therefore the one that will never happen lol.

I still see Hillary winning, and I’m still confident in it. Margin will be narrower than I originally thought due to the late FBI headlines, and unfortunately Johnson/Weld will not crack as high as I want them to. I think they manage 5% though, unless Jill Stein has gained a lot of steam unbenownst to the world.

What will be interesting is to see the amount of write-ins for Bernie.

Johnson was only a dual Never alternative in my view. His platform is unchanged from 4 years ago, and he totaled <1MM iirc.

I think McMullin sp? will get 300k votes, so the thought congress would pick is dreamweaver. Yeah just like the 70s song…

Trump by 5 - 7%, just to get my esteemed colleagues across the aisle going ;7)

Hahaha…I think we’re all in the same boat with this election, no matter who wins!

I see. That does make it more interesting if the Senate becomes democrat and then the House has to chose or accept Kaine. There seems to be some constitutional debate as to whether the sitting VP would be allowed to break a tie in the Senate though, as the 12th amendment strictly requires a majority of the Senators in this case.