Predators Preview

The Expendables is gonna be an action junkie’s wet dream. But, it shouldn’t be in this thread. There was a previous thread about it some time ago. I’m not in the mood to track it down, though.

BUMP

The real trailer is out! Google it, I don’t feel like sharing.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
BUMP

The real trailer is out! Google it, I don’t feel like sharing.[/quote]

Here it is ya stingy bastard.

Get to the choppa! Looks OK by me but Adrian Brody? Somewhat of a stretch but about time they brought this franchise back with a decent director at the helm

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
Get to the choppa! Looks OK by me but Adrian Brody? Somewhat of a stretch but about time they brought this franchise back with a decent director at the helm[/quote]

Think about it. Not all soldiers are as jack as Arnold. They would be leaner and look like Adrian Brody. I think he and the others can pull it off.

Besides, there’s no way he’s beating Predator in a fist fight. Arnold couldn’t do it, he can’t do it.

I think Christian Bale would be a better fit for the lead. At least when he bulks up for a role it’s noticeable.

And Laurence Fishburne sure has been hitting the Hagen Daaz and stuffed crust pizza since he was Morpheus.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
I think Christian Bale would be a better fit for the lead. At least when he bulks up for a role it’s noticeable.

And Laurence Fishburne sure has been hitting the Hagen Daaz and stuffed crust pizza since he was Morpheus.[/quote]

Let’s see you in your later 40’s, Skaz.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

And Laurence Fishburne sure has been hitting the Hagen Daaz and stuffed crust pizza since he was Morpheus.[/quote]

Let’s see you in your later 40’s, Skaz.[/quote]

Sorry man! I guess I should have followed up with a point, which is:

How an overweight, 50 year old man is somehow able to survive on a planet populated by killing machines, and still remain well-fed, clean shaven, and without any apparent physical handicaps.

We all know that 99% of everyone in this movie is going to be killed, my guess is Fishburne’s character will be the last one left.

I’m postulating that Fishburne’s character has been able to survive for so long because the Predators are keeping him alive in order to guide the other humans through their ordeal, and teach them how to evade the Predators in order to make them more challenging prey.

Either that, or there is some sort of underground city, like Zion a la ‘The Matrix’ that Fishburne’s character has been able to hide out in for all these years.

Either way, I’m very intrigued at how his character will eventually play out.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

How an overweight, 50 year old man is somehow able to survive on a planet populated by killing machines, and still remain well-fed, clean shaven, and without any apparent physical handicaps.

We all know that 99% of everyone in this movie is going to be killed, my guess is Fishburne’s character will be the last one left.

I’m postulating that Fishburne’s character has been able to survive for so long because the Predators are keeping him alive in order to guide the other humans through their ordeal, and teach them how to evade the Predators in order to make them more challenging prey.

Either that, or there is some sort of underground city, like Zion a la ‘The Matrix’ that Fishburne’s character has been able to hide out in for all these years.

Either way, I’m very intrigued at how his character will eventually play out.[/quote]

According to the Trailor they all just appeared on the planet like they were teleported. So im guessing somehow Fishburnes character either heard of them through his travels as a soldier/merc or he reads a lot of comics.

My guess is his character is the war weary vet who has seen and heard it all and is there to say “I’m too old for this shit” before he becomes Johnny Badass and fucks the Predators in the ear(if they have any)

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Either way, I’m very intrigued at how his character will eventually play out.[/quote]

good post.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
Get to the choppa! Looks OK by me but Adrian Brody? Somewhat of a stretch but about time they brought this franchise back with a decent director at the helm[/quote]

Think about it. Not all soldiers are as jack as Arnold. They would be leaner and look like Adrian Brody. I think he and the others can pull it off.

Besides, there’s no way he’s beating Predator in a fist fight. Arnold couldn’t do it, he can’t do it.[/quote]

It’s not just his body though, it’s his face. He just looks like a bitch. And when I think of some of his previous roles I just think “bitch.” He’s gonna have to do some serious acting to make me think he’s a badass.

I’m psyched!

[quote]AttackOfTheChris wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]jaybvee wrote:

Besides, there’s no way he’s beating Predator in a fist fight. Arnold couldn’t do it, he can’t do it.[/quote]

It’s not just his body though, it’s his face. He just looks like a bitch. And when I think of some of his previous roles I just think “bitch.” He’s gonna have to do some serious acting to make me think he’s a badass. [/quote]

This is his chance to redeem himself to the male population. ai BELIEVE IN GIM.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]AttackOfTheChris wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]jaybvee wrote:

It’s not just his body though, it’s his face. He just looks like a bitch. And when I think of some of his previous roles I just think “bitch.” He’s gonna have to do some serious acting to make me think he’s a badass. [/quote]

This is his chance to redeem himself to the male population. ai BELIEVE IN GIM.[/quote]

Adrien Brody can do some serious acting. Check out the “The Pianist”…sick movie.