Predators Preview

Well I had this whole long detailed post but some how I clicked on the “Free Shipping” banner so Ima make this short.

1: I’m not going to get my hopes up for this movie b/c then it will fall short no matter what and i’m not going to go into it thinking “what a peace of shit” b/c that is how I’ll feel when its over so I’m just going to wait and see.

2: Its not 1987(sadly), there just isn’t the same type of talent in hollywood any more. Danny Trejo is about the only person that you could put in with Jessy and the Gov. I am intrested in Fishburnes character and we’ll have to see if Oleg Taktarov can act.

I guess we’ll see what we’ll see 7/7/2010

If they don’t kill off Topher Grace in the first 5min this movie will blow! Go back to smokin’ refer in Red’s basement and leave the killin’ to the real men.

After reading the description it actually sounds kind of cool, I’ll see it.

I have faith that Rodriguez will do this right. Should be cool.

Predators is one of my favorite sci fi franchises.
The first and second were great. The alien vesus predator ones were pretty shitty.
I hope they do this right.

This is one of my favorite franchises as well.

WANT SOME CANDY!!! DANNY BOY!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!

Sounds like a teenie weenie flick with Topher Grace. And what do they plan on doing with an emaciated 120 lb. Adrien Brody? Shit, the only bad ass in this movie is Trejo.

This cast is the suck. Less scrawny weenie teen scream bullshit, more buffed out badasses in the jungle shooting predators and blowing shit up.

The new and “improved” Sgt Dutch

FFS :frowning: Feed them some steroids…

Danny Trejo is awesome, and I think Walton Goggins will do a good job

But I have a hard time picturing Adrien Brody as a leader of mercinaries…

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
The first and second were great. The alien vesus predator ones were pretty shitty.
I hope they do this right.[/quote]

That is because they left all of the “baggage” behind when they made those movies…which proves there was more to the success of Predator and Aliens than the actual monsters themselves.

Alien is not Alien without Ripley/Bishop/Wayland.

Predator is not Predator without one lone bad ass in a sea of minor bad assery to stand against them.

There should ALWAYS be a Ripley/Wayland tie-in to any Alien movie (which is why the last VS movie “requiem” was the best but also the least seen because everyone gave up on it after the first VS movie).

This new concept is going back to the old school concept…which is what is needed. Topher apparently plays some guy who looks like a weakling but turns out to be a serial killer…which sounds cool to me if he can pull off the acting.

I think people are dreaming if they expect to see another Arnold in a movie like this even though whoever ends up being the last man standing had better be able to hold his own.

I’ll go see this because of what inspired it.

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:
The new and “improved” Sgt Dutch

FFS :frowning: Feed them some steroids…

[/quote]

I rest my case. There’s no way I’m going to believe that this dude faces down a Predator.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
I hope they do this right.[/quote]

That is because they left all of the “baggage” behind when they made those movies…which proves there was more to the success of Predator and Aliens than the actual monsters themselves.

Alien is not Alien without Ripley/Bishop/Wayland.

Predator is not Predator without one lone bad ass in a sea of minor bad assery to stand against them.

There should ALWAYS be a Ripley/Wayland tie-in to any Alien movie (which is why the last VS movie “requiem” was the best but also the least seen because everyone gave up on it after the first VS movie).

This new concept is going back to the old school concept…which is what is needed. Topher apparently plays some guy who looks like a weakling but turns out to be a serial killer…which sounds cool to me if he can pull off the acting.

I think people are dreaming if they expect to see another Arnold in a movie like this even though whoever ends up being the last man standing had better be able to hold his own.

I’ll go see this because of what inspired it.[/quote]

I’m pretty excited to go see this one. It looks more like a bunch of rag-tag badasses brought together. Not all badasses where that badge on their foreheads. As Prof. X stated, I’m interested in seeing Grace’s character. A pretty prolific serial killer against a Predator…interesting. What Brody will bring to the table…interesting. And not all mercs are built like Arnold. Some of the scarier ones are built more like Brody. Just my two cents.

The only way im seeing how this movie would work out is that every single one of the characters are killed and the Predator remains victorious.

im a pretty die hard alien/predator and avp fan. i thought the alien vs predator stuff was cheesy but also pretty badass at the same time.

I thought the second AVP movie was pretty good, or at least faithful to what the Predator is. In the first AVP the Aliens and Predators fought basically to a standstill. That’s not how it goes. One predator should be able to single-handedly take out a shit-ton of Aliens all by himself.

I like Rodriguez movies for the most part, but he has a tendency to go a little over the top with the sillyness, and there’s little reason to believe he’ll stop here. I have really high hopes for this, but so far the plot and the cast aren’t making me comfortable about what’s gonna happen.

topher grace doesn’t look near as bad as adrian brody. People still see him as foreman from that 70s show, but hes probably gained a good 30lbs since then

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
The only way im seeing how this movie would work out is that every single one of the characters are killed and the Predator remains victorious.[/quote]

HA! That would probably be even better than how this movie will end. I’d gladly pay 10 bucks to watch a Predator disembowel Adrien Brody.

Reading up on an MTV interview, the word is that Brody put on a bit of muscle for the role. I don’t really have a hard time picturing him in an action movie. You have to remember, he got his feet a lil wet in King Kong a few years ago.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Shit, the only bad ass in this movie is Trejo.
This cast is the suck.[/quote]

Dude, did you not see that Laurence Fishburne is in this? Between The Matrix series and Assault on Precinct 13, we know he can handle high-action roles, and his acting chops are unquestionable.

Also, you’re forgetting Oleg Taktarov. Imagine seeing him take down a predator with an ankle lock or kneebar? :wink:

Plus Derek Mears (Jason from the recent Friday the 13th remake) will be one of the predators. So, yeah. Good times all around. Cheer up.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Predator is not Predator without one lone bad ass in a sea of minor bad assery to stand against them.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure you’re a fan of Fishburne, so you may not be disappointed.

http://www.scificool.com/laurence-fishburnes-predator-role-illuminated/
(Link is to a description of Fishburne’s character, as well as the Yakuza character. No real spoilers.)

Regardless, this will an in-theater must-see because Rodriguez sounds like he’s trying to do it right, and along similar lines as the original.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
Reading up on an MTV interview, the word is that Brody put on a bit of muscle for the role. I don’t really have a hard time picturing him in an action movie. You have to remember, he got his feet a lil wet in King Kong a few years ago. [/quote]

For whatever it’s worth, I just read a little interview with the director, where he explains why he chose Brody:

"I think when we cast Adrian, there were a lot of people going, ‘What?’ but at the same time, if we cast a Vin Diesel in that role or if we cast anyone who is Arnold-esque, we would have been attacked for doing that. So we decided early on to go in a very different direction as far as the casting process, but it turned out fantastic.

He plays a mercenary in the film and if you look at the guys in Iraq and Afghanistan today, they’re not ‘yolked-out’ Schwarzenegger-looking guys. They’re all very wiry and thin guys, and I think it’s going to play well"

Why does somebody have to be muscular to be able to kill a Predator? It’s not like you can beat them hand-to-hand.