T Nation

Precontest split

I know most of you are not into competitive bodybuilding, but I thought I’d get your advice. Do you think a 4 day split like Ian Kings would work for a precontest routine? As in lifting on Mondy, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday with the other days off. What about supplementation? I have MD6 and T2. Should I stack them with Androsol or Methoxy-7 or both? I want to be as effective as possible without going into the poor house. Does anyone have any suggestions on other supplements or precontest gadgets that might help? This board rules! Where else can you ask questions like this and not receive a blank stare in return.

As far as training goes King’s stuff is pretty low volume. Some people swear by it, but I personally do a lot more volume. You may want to do more volume pre-contest. If your goal is fat loss then your supps look real good. Maybe add Surge instead of Androsol and Methoxy in my opinion. As far as diet Berardi’s “Massive Eating” is awesome. Check out a post by Nate Dogg on the “Don’t Diet” plan which would be good for precontest.

Dave, don’t worry, you’re not the only one with competitive aspirations. I’m presently pre-contest as well and a couple of things you may want to check out are the “Fat Fast” and “T-Dawg” diets and the “German Body Comp” training routine in issue #33. It’s in the article referring to holiday fat or something like that. I’ve been cycling the two diets, going to the T-Dawg whenever I can’t take the Fat Fast anymore and then trying to get back on the FF about two weeks after that point. As far as GBC, it’s a way of training that doesn’t place an emphasis on cardio and it’s awesome at maintaining lean muscle tissue. Hope that helps! Good Luck!

Well I’m presently ~5 weeks out from my VERY first show, so here’s what I’m doing for now…

I was on the T-Dawg diet for about 7 weeks, and now I’ve switched over to the Fast Fat diet until the show (unless of course it just ain’t workin)…so far pretty good…

I started off at 238 lbs. 17% bf, and last week I was 216 at 10%…I agree it’s a little high, which is why I went on the Fast Fat pronto…

I’m trying out just doing tons of volume…I train weights 4x a week in the morning and evening…whatever I do in the morning I do in the evening…(ie. back in the morning, then go to work, then back in the evening)…it’s TRES evil, but feels good…

I’m still VERY hesitant about hopping on the cardio equipment for long periods of time, because I’m still not a believer in them for contest preparation…but who knows? I might find out in 5 weeks time that I’m WAY off…hehe…

I’m also trying to do it “naturally”…it’s an open contest, but I’m avoiding any steroids, etc…but I’m still taking Methoxy7 and MD6 (you HAVE to on the Fast Fat diet…holy crap)

Even though in my dream world I’m shooting for the Top Dawg spot, just being in the top 10 would make me SUPREMELY happy…hell just the fact that I’ve succesfully dieted for so long will make me proud of myself and my abilities…

Any other tips?? How are others training for pre-contest?? diet?? cardio??

good luck peoples,
Wazoo

I have a question for you competitors. I have worked with many top bodybuilders and have succesfully dieted many amateur competitors as well. Tim, TC and myself were wondering if there is a need or want for contest prep article series? You guys are getting ready for a show…would this help?