T Nation

Pre Workout

hey guys, new to the website…

I’ve been working out for 2 years now and have had steady gains until about september. I’m 5’10 187lbs, benching 270x3, deadlifting 410x3, shoulder press 105x4, front squating 315x6.

I’ve never used pre workout supplements before but I have cycled creatine 3 times (1 month on, 2 off) I eat healthy and take protein post workout. before workouts I’ll usually have a cup of coffee/tea just to get a caffeine boost.

Any suggestions on pre workouts?

Comments/suggestions?

[quote]sbell wrote:
hey guys, new to the website…

I’ve been working out for 2 years now and have had steady gains until about september. I’m 5’10 187lbs, benching 270x3, deadlifting 410x3, shoulder press 105x4, front squating 315x6.

I’ve never used pre workout supplements before but I have cycled creatine 3 times (1 month on, 2 off) I eat healthy and take protein post workout. before workouts I’ll usually have a cup of coffee/tea just to get a caffeine boost.

Any suggestions on pre workouts?

Comments/suggestions?[/quote]

For someone such as yourself who is still early in their training career i would recommend something like Surge Recovery to get started with… http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/surge-recovery Add in some creatine and you’re good to go.

As you get more advanced you can look into products like Anaconda or PLAZMA but as of right now those would be overkill for what your looking for. Surge Recovery will have you covered in taking care of workout nutrition. This is assuming that your diet is also well in check the rest of the day.