Pre-Workout?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]eightohfive wrote:
This is my current goal, to drop my BF to the lowest it’s ever been in hopes of being able to maintain a reasonable level while going on a mass phase.
[/quote]

I would be interested in what you consider a reasonable level. [/quote]
agreed… 805 you look pretty lean as it is in your avi, you do not need to get any leaner IMO or it will hinder your muscle gains. Just lift hard, eat a lot food, and up the extra ‘work’ via sled, prowler, etc.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]eightohfive wrote:
This is my current goal, to drop my BF to the lowest it’s ever been in hopes of being able to maintain a reasonable level while going on a mass phase.
[/quote]

I would be interested in what you consider a reasonable level. [/quote]
agreed… 805 you look pretty lean as it is in your avi, you do not need to get any leaner IMO or it will hinder your muscle gains. Just lift hard, eat a lot food, and up the extra ‘work’ via sled, prowler, etc.[/quote]

Boom well said

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
To be honest, I’ve never really liked the idea of fasting in any sense. I know there’s been some pretty well thought out theories written on the effects on body comp, but maybe I just like eating too much.

Certainly I’m not one of those people who clings tightly to old school approaches in light of the new, better discoveries, but it’s not like the eating approach favored by athletes and bodybuilders for over 50 years has suddenly become flawed and stopped producing the top tier names (You’d be hard pressed to find a top level athlete or BBer who achieved their success via IF).

Besides, even though I DO believe that IF can be useful in terms of body recomp, until someone truly puts on a serious appreciable amount of muscle mass by incorporating fasting (not merely dropping some fat, after already being sufficiently ‘big’), I don’t think it will ever be accepted as THE preferred way to eat.

Fasted training was one of those things I would hear about it the muscle rags when I first started training in the mid 90’s. Usually some IFBB Pro would explain why they trained first thing in the morning for the better GH release (same reason they downed tons of Arginine and Ornithine).

Of course I didn’t know a damn thing back then, and I actually followed along, finding myself starving, dizzy and struggling through grueling morning workouts, telling myself that it’d all be worth it! -lol. IMO, weight training fasted is almost ensuring that you won’t get the best training session in, which obviously goes against the goal of being in the gym in the first place.

Fasted cardio, while recent studies show that it’s not any more beneficial to fat burning than cardio after eating, can have some benefits, which is why I do include SMALL sessions during my contest preps.

S[/quote]

Nice read. One of the few posters that when i come across a post I read. Very knowledgeable.

reasonable level…i suppose retaining abdominal definition?